Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,828 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
AggiePeeps06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OA how you feeling about our SFIX play. Looks like it's just hanging around $27-$28. I'm up 56% on remaining options
spud1910
AG
I wouldn't be upset if FEYE will give me 7% profit.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Well ok LPPPPPPSN. Go ahead and make a move.
I don't see my $.40 getting filled. Just adjusted it.
BTW - Do youn have capability to place hidden bids. Interestingly some of the options servers won't post the fills on charts.
Not sure. Never looked into it. I'm trading out of my TDAmeritrade account on the LPSN

I've asked them and TD will not let you hide bid/ask.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Can't wait for options to get written on BYND...
ProgN
Someone kicked NIO in the ass.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

It's because I'm not in it. You're welcome!
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
FightinFarmer said:

I'm still holding May 17 $39s. How do you feel about adding to lower cost avg or new entries further out?
I actually think you will be good there. Now, it might be a break even to 25% gain level. But a stock that gets hit and recovers like it did generally moves on up quickly.
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO bullish harami looking good
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

OA how you feeling about our SFIX play. Looks like it's just hanging around $27-$28. I'm up 56% on remaining options
You're still in those SFIX options? I think you get $29 on the stock price and then who knows if a handle forms (because that would be the right cup completion) or just continues upward.

Frankly, either way you'll at least see higher ROI than 56%

But here's what I want you to get used to doing. I would prefer you roll those options out another week at the next price point higher. Time is our ally. When a stock moves against you the premium loss is less, thus extending your stop loss from being an issue.
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

59 South said:

If TWTR would just go ahead and print a 40 spot that'd be great.
You're there, what are you going to do?

When I said print I meant have a close over $40. That almost guarantees the gap close over $42. I'm still holding 5/17 calls so will sell another chunk for $2+ and then hold some more looking for a continued move up in the next week.
YNWA_AG
AG
oldarmy1 said:

where would you be looking at an entry?
E
AG
Prognightmare said:

Apparently there was a blog post that said Apple staffers at NIO... according to the idiots on StockTwits
IrishTxAggie
AG
E said:

Prognightmare said:

Apparently there was a blog post that said Apple staffers at NIO... according to the idiots on StockTwits
Those same idiots plugged an article into seeking alpha that AstraZeneca was going to buy AVEO in Q3...
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

Frankly I'd go May 10 $55.50's. That pattern either confirms or you exit Monday close for least premium impact
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Prognightmare said:

Apple Nio cars FTW?

$5.25 and you'd see something nice.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

YNWA_AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

Frankly I'd go May 10 $55.50's. That pattern either confirms or you exit Monday close for least premium impact
S&P squeezing towards all time high
E
AG
Since Buffet is throwing money around, why not throw some at NIO...
La Bamba
AG
E said:

Prognightmare said:

That article came out a few weeks ago, though. Not new news. And it was the ultimate water cooler rumor at that.
AggiePeeps06
AG
This education is priceless. I appreciate it. Alright, rolling to 5/24 $28s
oldarmy1
AG
MIME is going to trend up
Aggie_2463
AG
NIO! NIO! Climb baby
Rice and Fries
Just to make sure we continue to have the S&P500 go up, I think I am going to buy some weekly SPY $293 puts.
oldarmy1
AG
Look up bullish harami reversals, or look at ones we've posted on here that CONFIRM the next trading day. Some retrace early before heading upward. Others open higher and never look back.

So consider macro markets Monday. After a 200 pt day on the DOW a consolidation day wouldn't surprise anyone. I tend to lay back on total desired position after initial buys and see if late profit taking today gives a better entry, which actually helps NOT have so much consolidation Monday.

Or if maybe Monday has a shake move giving a better avg price. All this also depends on if CSCO is done for today or going to bust another move. Closing in on magnet being in play.

Does giving all the thought process confuse you or help? I really have no idea how people see how I'm seeing/thinking
oldarmy1
AG
"Hey oldarmy1 - QCOM is approaching a breakout above the 3 day I know you like to watch"

Why thank you for helping keep an eye on a stock we've expected to move towards $100.

"No problem OA1"
Trolley Problems
Long time lurker here...wanted to pop in and say this thread has been awesome and extremely educational. Thank you to OA and others who continue to post their trades and strategy behind them. It really helps the less sophisticated dummies like myself learn. I'm going to start posting more and might be asking some stupid questions in the near future, so bear with me!
oldarmy1
AG
Trolley Problems said:

Long time lurker here...wanted to pop in and say this thread has been awesome and extremely educational. Thank you to OA and others who continue to post their trades and strategy behind them. It really helps the less sophisticated dummies like myself learn. I'm going to start posting more and might be asking some stupid questions in the near future, so bear with me!
All stupid question go to Prognightmare. I mean just the name is begging for it.
oldarmy1
AG
FMC on day two of a red/green reversal candle. Should be able to see $79 early enough next week to make some decent ROI. Because it hasn't expoloded back up I'd watch for a pause day in tandem with a potential consolidation day on the macro markets to position.

oldarmy1
AG
Someone just bought 500 of the May 10 CSCO $55.50. An $11k Bullish Harami play.
YNWA_AG
AG
oldarmy1 said:

was the someone you?
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Look up bullish harami reversals, or look at ones we've posted on here that CONFIRM the next trading day. Some retrace early before heading upward. Others open higher and never look back.

So consider macro markets Monday. After a 200 pt day on the DOW a consolidation day wouldn't surprise anyone. I tend to lay back on total desired position after initial buys and see if late profit taking today gives a better entry, which actually helps NOT have so much consolidation Monday.

Or if maybe Monday has a shake move giving a better avg price. All this also depends on if CSCO is done for today or going to bust another move. Closing in on magnet being in play.

Does giving all the thought process confuse you or help? I really have no idea how people see how I'm seeing/thinking

I think your thought process helps tremendously. My only complaint is that I wish it were easier to ask questions, like in classroom style setting. That being said, I do like your thought process as it should be enough to take it and then go do some research on your own.

Just this week, I've spent a few hours researching Flag Patterns, Cup N Handles, Bullish Haramis and engulfing candle patterns. I've also spent some time re-reading about the option greeks and looking to see how the potential trades you post about stack up in terms of delta, gamma, theta and vega. That in itself helps me become a better trader solely because I am able to recognize opportunities.

A good example is your post on Google trading yesterday around $1160 support = good entry for options. I would have rather played in something closer to at the market like your $1180s, but they were too expensive for my own strategy. So I went out and looked at options that weren't gonna bite my ass on theta, still had some liquidity and decently high delta and gamma. If you would have challenged me to make that same play two months ago, I can almost assure you it would have gone much worse and me lose money on it.
jakal0722
Wasn't me. I bought a few but I'm not that brave (or cash lined)

You can thank me for the NIO uptick. It happened as soon as I cut my losses at .05 an option...
rgag12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BMA is following the thread. (Definitely not me)
leoj
AG
Keep it up please. No summer school for me, so my goal is to up my knowledge level to where I can confidently formulate my own trading strategies. This helps a lot.
oldarmy1
AG
Would a 15-20 minute conference bridge help? I'd be up for that with absolutely no assurance of continuing to do so.
First Page Last Page
Page 516 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.