Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,518,126 Views | 223281 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by gougler08
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IrishTxAggie said:

Rice and Fries said:

On CHK...https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=CHK

I have a buddy who works for NGP Capital. Its an O&G private equity company. Long Story Short....They sold out of most of their remaining shares in March. That to me, is not a good sign.

They had shares of CHK from their ownership in WRD. This was a Eagle Ford Shale operator that NGP helped finance and start. My guess is that they still had remaining shares post closing of the CHK - WRD merger and wanted to be done with it.

That said, I was really bullish on WRD before they were bought because of their total capacity in the Eagle Ford Shale. They were building their own sand facility to help them frack and lower costs.

Long run, I like CHK. Not sure I'd expect great things in the short term. Too much debt and Daddy Trump is pushing against creeping gas prices.
But removing the waivers for certain countries to deal with Iran will help prop oil for a bit.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/oil-volatility-picks-up-putting-2019-rally-under-scrutiny-11556530201?mod=rsswn

From the Article: "President Trump, who said he encouraged the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries to increase supply and keep prices low.

Prices surged earlier in the week after the Trump administration surprised some market participants by ending waivers on Iran sanctions that allowed some buyers to continue purchases from the Islamic Republic. Last week marked the first time in nearly two months that oil logged multiple moves of at least 2.5% in either direction."
shiphunt
AG
Still riding TLRY weekly or should I just get out by EOD?
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone care to see a gravestone Doji? Look at FEYE. I'm out for net -1.3%

That 30% ROI looks great now.

oldarmy1
AG
shiphunt said:

Still riding TLRY weekly or should I just get out by EOD?
Anywhere around $53 close looks solid for sticking

grrr..yes!
Rice and Fries
You mean $53?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Now for RTN to run in the last 30 minutes...
Rice and Fries
Big volume spike
Shundere
BBY sure does move a lot
oldarmy1
AG
OLED reports in 3 days. Taking a beating pre-earnings. Premiums are huge.

Need Ranger to give us his best Put/Call spread, to take advantage.
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Big volume spike
Flag pattern now. That $176.10 is key
gougler08
AG
ROKU most likely with the hanging man today...may want to look at short term puts
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm not planning to touch it, but what are y'all's thoughts on GE's earnings tomorrow morning?
oldarmy1
AG
Big winners for today were financials again. Running up ahead of the Fed meeting
Shundere
CSCO!
oldarmy1
AG
S&P....hopefully death by a 1000 cuts to shorts. Not too much of a run.....consolidation throughout the day...late selling yet stays above to close at 2942.70 for another all-time high.
oldarmy1
AG
One more selloff day for INTC and I like it for a rebound.
leoj
AG
Google down 4.5% ah at the moment
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Google down 4.5% ah at the moment
If it flashes below $1200 I'm gonna have to trade it for a scratch
leoj
AG
Looks like it's going to get there, that's a pretty big revenue miss. Will see what happens on the conference call and early am.
oldarmy1
AG
Sitting at $1195.01 and if it creeps down to their versus a larger quick burst I'll lower a dollar.
oldarmy1
AG
Ahh nuts...$2 from fill. Looks like might be red/green starting
oldarmy1
AG
Moved up to the 1195.17 and got 31 shares filled
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Moved up to the 1195.17 and got 31 shares filled
100 shares $1195.06 avg

Gimme a $1210 dead cat bounce and I'll take my pocket money $1k and buy a lot of meals at Morton's tonight. Hit $1190 and its macaroni at home.
Aggie_2463
AG
Looks like RIg is reporting $754M revenue in Q1 compared to $664M in Q1 of 2018

Up to $8.93 AH. Hopefully it breaks out tomorrow
IrishTxAggie
AG
Problem is going to be there forward outlook on the call with the embargo out on offshore drilling.
Aggie_2463
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Problem is going to be there forward projection on the call with the embargo out on offshore drilling.

I'm just trying to see it cross that $9 mark, take my profit and bounce
oldarmy1
AG
Heck bought 200 AMZN 1927.13 just now. Come on people.
Agsrback12
leoj said:

Looks like it's going to get there, that's a pretty big revenue miss. Will see what happens on the conference call and early am.

I'm hoping to see at least a slight recovery by Friday. I have already seen that they would have met a lot of their estimates if not for the 1.7 billion fine. Hopefully that fact gets at least to 1230 by Friday.
leoj
AG
Jd up 2%
oldarmy1
AG
Busy day today. Watch MIME for continuation today. $3.85 is my target for the May 17 $55 Strikes.

See how markets trade after initial struggle due to GOOG. Shake it off (macro's not GOOG - that was a bad miss) and hold serve or consolidate with no significant downward movement would be a good day all in all.

Financials still leading (I imagine will see profit taking ahead of Fed).

On an unrelated note I'm asking for donations to a Police Officer's family in the Austin area. They've had it rough. Kim's mother developed pneumonia, which resulted in Sepsis and she passed away. In caring for her, Kim became infected with Pneumonia and also deteriorated into Sepsis. Her father also developed pneumonia and was hospitalized. When it rains - it pours!

The Dr's had little hope but by God's grace she has pulled through, but the effects of Sepsis are never temporary. She had to have her right foot above the ankle removed and her right hand as well. She is an amazing individual, as is her family, who have been joyous at her survival. Insurance won't cover all aspects of her hospital stay, but we've taken care of that and will also take care of her prosthetics.

A GoFundMe was established to assist in all other aspects of a dramatic life change. The house they live in will need modifications and hundreds of items will be required. While the Aggie Anglers is a support initiative I think we can all agree they would be the first to turn our attention in sending donations to the Palk family. Here's the link for those who care to donate.

https://www.gofundme.com/bq485-let039s-support-the-palk-family?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B5311-donation-receipt-wp-v5&utm_content=internal
oldarmy1
AG
OH, and screw that goal of $20k for the GoFundMe. I didn't set that up but I would have made the goal $100k!
oldarmy1
AG
Remember beyond the large buys on S&P 2350 for V in the freaking $120's I posted that it was ridiculous buy still below $140. Yeah, the trend crushing shorts has been glorious. I expect to see this pattern on the Macro Markets after any temporary all-time high noise subsides.

Posting reminder for any who joined or are in it that as it approaches $170 I'm taking a hedge covered call position for some anticipated sideways profit taking. If that happens then this is when you can get many times 3-4 covered call opportunities in succession.
IrishTxAggie
AG
What's your goal on RTN?
oldarmy1
AG
Also, SUM flag formed and those $17.50 covered calls might be in jeopardy of getting called out. $0.50-$0.55 plus $17.50 = $18.25 average, so see how a breakout would compare.

And as I finish typing I see bid jumped and now SUM is ABOVE the breakout signal.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

What's your goal on RTN?
Stop loss at $0.50 cents. Can't remember who posted RTN but a reversal would result in a $2.25 area target.

p.s. For most forum followers on this I'd follow the sell 50% on the double and ride the rest.
First Page Last Page
Page 502 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.