Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,515,202 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I circled every trend pause/consolidation along the way. If you can't see it - don't be a trader. Longest we had one last is 6 days.....twice. After a big move on the markets today we might get a pause OR, since only the blind can't see we're headed to all-time market highs, we might power on upward. We are on day 4 of pause.

SO - if markets overall have a pause expect CSCO to push 6 days. If markets have continuation tomorrow I expect CSCO to participate above the average mover. Either way - the trade looks solid from where I sit.

Something else interesting to observe. the moves between those pauses to ever higher trend highs??? Not a single one took more than 7 days with several taking 5 days. Once it engages it doesn't screw around.

oldarmy1
AG
Most professional traders will be closing out any remaining weekly options today. Why? Because we had a huge move on the macro-markets. AND each day forward you fight decay more and more. So I will keep the remaining GILD I didn't sell up 100% and be out of nearly all others today.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone have a thought on OSTK? Get closer to major support but still over $1 away. With market action I can see it catching some momentum once bottomed and shooting past $15. So $15 calls but for how far out?
oldarmy1
AG
NVDA has plenty of upside above $200 IMO. Creeping up to resistance. A $200 call out 2 weeks minimum look solid. More expensive so I am always prepared to trade any pullback with additional options that are then sold when regaining any losses on initial entries. Sometimes you get a spike past your offset and just smile.
YNWA_AG
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Anyone have a thought on OSTK? Get closer to major support but still over $1 away. With market action I can see it catching some momentum once bottomed and shooting past $15. So $15 calls but for how far out?
5/24?
IrishTxAggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

5/24?
That is past their earnings and I would strongly recommend against that. Until they abandon cryptocurrency, I don't trust them. Too exposed to an unpredictable revenue stream.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

AgShaun00 said:

too late for MOMO?

It hit 100% and I closed out. But I'm taking some profits and entering $40 May 17 Strikes. Not as many this time.
If this thread followers keeps growing you'll be responsible for "non-productive" working hours. Think March Madness but you're year round.
FightinFarmer
Just looked at OSTK calls. What would be the cause of those price spikes >$1 for May 3 at $20.5 and $24.5? All the other contracts are in the .10-.20 range. Is it a function of volume or what?
Just curious...
AggiePeeps06
AG
Agree 100% with this. Crypto prices have a direct effect on OSTK. Too unpredictable and I was burned in the past because of the relationship between the two
IrishTxAggie
AG
FightinFarmer said:

Just looked at OSTK calls. What would be the cause of those price spikes >$1 for May 3 at $20.5 and $24.5? All the other contracts are in the .10-.20 range. Is it a function of volume or what?
Just curious...
Just dumbasses asking for a stupid "ASK". They'll never fill.
IrishTxAggie
AG
There are no buyers past $18 on the 5/3s and even that is only one for .05 from what I saw.
tramaro1
AG
Out of my weekly QCOM for a nice 400% ROI. I got into those yesterday before close as a gamble, I only bought a couple so I am not rich but will take it!
FightinFarmer
IrishTxAggie said:

FightinFarmer said:

Just curious...
Just dumbasses asking for a stupid "ASK". They'll never fill.

Haha. I was expecting some complex reason. That makes more sense. Thanks
leoj
AG
Really good timing
Ranger222
AG
Lots of euphoria today and FOMO going around....usually a good day to trim positions before the eventual rug pull.

Finally in the green on those Jan 20 TWTR 70 C....barely.

Here is a earnings trade for tomorrow morning -- took a handful of Thermo Fisher TMO May 290 C for $1. Has traded higher 8 of last 9 earnings.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Most professional traders will be closing out any remaining weekly options today. Why? Because we had a huge move on the macro-markets. AND each day forward you fight decay more and more. So I will keep the remaining GILD I didn't sell up 100% and be out of nearly all others today.
See how I send the bat signal to be making your exits out of weeklies. I want a bat signal icon!
oldarmy1
AG
I'm gonna try to fill $1 for June $300 hidden.
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

See how I send the bat signal to be making your exits out of weeklies. I want a bat signal icon!

Damn Robinhood, I already have 3 day trades this week. One more and I get on a list as a day trader. I will have to wait until tomorrow to exit.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm gonna try to fill $1 for June $300 hidden.
Never posting buy attempts before fills again. Bid jumped to $1.20 with over 90 options after posting the June $300's.

Whoever you are you just screwed the forum going forward on that front.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Damn Robinhood, I already have 3 day trades this week. One more and I get on a list as a day trader. I will have to wait until tomorrow to exit.
Well its unusual to have an all-time high sitting just above you so its not the terrible thing.
Post removed:
by user
UpstateAg
AG
Scott Woodward's parting "F you!" to TexAgs
Ranger222
AG
JD....

Shiner Bock
AG
strong close for CSCO today. hopped into the may 60C for .33 earlier today.

also picked up small amount of PFE may 41C for .27.
leoj
AG
TXN with a good beat and now at 52 week highs. Wonder if semis follow tomorrow.
EngrAg14
AG
SNAP jumped
Ragoo
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

if you do not hold overnight or have $25,000 you are a pattern day trader and get locked out for 4 days. Believe this is standard and not just robin hood.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Robinhood will lock you out for 90 days if you're tagged a pattern trader without a 25k balance.
jmcfar_98
AG
Just keep following OA1's advice and you'll have that $25,000 balance in no time.
oldarmy1
AG
Trump is going to be sitting down with TWTR CEO today.
oldarmy1
AG
jmcfar_98
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Not sure how many of y'all play the futures markets, but if you're interested, expect US pork futures to continue seeing a steady increase. The Chinese still do not have a grapple on a viral epidemic that is sweeping across the hog industry in China. We're talking they've had to cull millions of pigs and China is facing a shortfall of at least 200MM pigs for production. That's roughly ~30% of their 2018 numbers. I think those numbers are low honestly due to the lack of reporting and transparency of the Chinese gov't. The virus has already made it's way into Vietnam and Cambodia. I'd bet $1MM it's in N. Korea as well. There are only two countries that can even remotely get close to closing the gap that the Chinese will have with pork and that is Brazil and the US.

At the beginning of the year I put a moratorium on all of my company's employees in Asia not to have contact any physical contact with anyone in the swine industry. It's a zero tolerance right now.

If you're interested in reading up on the virus, it is called African Swine Fever Virus (ASFv) and there is ZERO vaccine or ability to treat it as of now.

"Lean-hog futures have rallied 52.4% this year and are among the best-performing commodities of 2019. The only commodity outperforming lean hogs is RBOB gasoline, which is up about 60% year to date. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 is only up about 16.4% this year."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/23/an-emerging-crisis-in-china-could-give-us-the-upper-hand-in-trade-talks.html
IrishTxAggie
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Not sure how many of y'all play the futures markets, but if you're interested, expect US pork futures to continue seeing a steady increase. The Chinese still do not have a grapple on a viral epidemic that is sweeping across the hog industry in China. We're talking they've had to cull millions of pigs and China is facing a shortfall of at least 200MM pigs for production. That's roughly ~30% of their 2018 numbers. I think those numbers are low honestly due to the lack of reporting and transparency of the Chinese gov't. The virus has already made it's way into Vietnam and Cambodia. I'd bet $1MM it's in N. Korea as well. There are only two countries that can even remotely get close to closing the gap that the Chinese will have with pork and that is Brazil and the US.

At the beginning of the year I put a moratorium on all of my company's employees in Asia not to have contact any physical contact with anyone in the swine industry. It's a zero tolerance right now.

If you're interested in reading up on the virus, it is called African Swine Fever Virus (ASFv) and there is ZERO vaccine or ability to treat it as of now.

"Lean-hog futures have rallied 52.4% this year and are among the best-performing commodities of 2019. The only commodity outperforming lean hogs is RBOB gasoline, which is up about 60% year to date. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 is only up about 16.4% this year."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/23/an-emerging-crisis-in-china-could-give-us-the-upper-hand-in-trade-talks.html

I made my post two hours before CNBC!! I had an OA moment!!
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

jmcfar_98 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I made my post two hours before CNBC!! I had an OA moment!!
If you also recall I posted buying RBOB futures late last year. Most don't have access to Mercantiles so I rarely post on those, but huge gains are available as evidenced.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Or someone from CNBC follows this thread...
First Page Last Page
Page 478 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.