Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,996,227 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
docaggie said:

Finally seeing a heartbeat out of Pfizer.
Politics have driven all of these drug stocks down. Pfizer has a lot of products in the pipeline (20 new oncology drugs - a very lucrative market) over the next 5-6 years.
Drug stocks in general trying to confirm support. A May 17 $41 strike on the cheap would be my trade. Get a reversal and the short covering will send it upward for nice ROI. Drug stocks fail and you have limited loss.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Not sure how many of y'all play the futures markets, but if you're interested, expect US pork futures to continue seeing a steady increase. The Chinese still do not have a grapple on a viral epidemic that is sweeping across the hog industry in China. We're talking they've had to cull millions of pigs and China is facing a shortfall of at least 200MM pigs for production. That's roughly ~30% of their 2018 numbers. I think those numbers are low honestly due to the lack of reporting and transparency of the Chinese gov't. The virus has already made it's way into Vietnam and Cambodia. I'd bet $1MM it's in N. Korea as well. There are only two countries that can even remotely get close to closing the gap that the Chinese will have with pork and that is Brazil and the US.

At the beginning of the year I put a moratorium on all of my company's employees in Asia not to have contact any physical contact with anyone in the swine industry. It's a zero tolerance right now.

If you're interested in reading up on the virus, it is called African Swine Fever Virus (ASFv) and there is ZERO vaccine or ability to treat it as of now.
oldarmy1
AG
For any who followed on the TWTR weekly and May 17 know that the SECOND TWTR hits $40 I am out on the weeklies. They are already up 74% so it would be 100% and I would hope for flash on $40 for premium exit.
oldarmy1
AG
Ah, back to my Chicago Mercantile days. Are you Eddie Murphey?
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ah, back to my Chicago Mercantile days. Are you Eddie Murphey?
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

For any who followed on the TWTR weekly and May 17 know that the SECOND TWTR hits $40 I am out on the weeklies. They are already up 74% so it would be 100% and I would hope for flash on $40 for premium exit.

I went ahead and got out even though it did not hit $40, I was up 200%! Not going to get greedy.
gougler08
AG
NFLX through 380 with volume
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I went ahead and got out even though it did not hit $40, I was up 200%! Not going to get greedy.
Yeah I misread the tape. Options soared +192 right now and I'm joining you on exiting the weeklies.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Yeah I misread the tape. Options soared +192 right now and I'm joining you on exiting the weeklies.
It's like $40 is a magnet and pulling this stock above it's bollinger bands.
oldarmy1
AG
OKTA with a breakout above resistance. $100 will get taken out on the way to $105 IMO
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

It's like $40 is a magnet and pulling this stock above it's bollinger bands.
Yeah, it will hit $40 but when you can lock in that kind of ROI and your May calls are already up 100% what ya gonna do?
E
AG
Anyone else in ROSE? This thing has finally broken out!
oldarmy1
AG
19 points from all-time S&P highs. Today might be one of those special days
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Anyone else in ROSE? This thing has finally broken out!
Of course it did. Easter reference....
oldarmy1
AG
Someone just bought 250 GILD weekly calls we're in......que the "Welcome to the party Pal!!!"
UpstateAg
AG
250. That's a little...excessive.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Someone just bought 250 GILD weekly calls we're in......que the "Welcome to the party Pal!!!"
I always love when OA speaks in generalities with that "someone" line.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm net free on my remaining GILD weeklies. It can spike now.
oldarmy1
AG
There's your $40 flash on TWTR to $40.23.....I just sold 50% of my May 17's..

Ungodly gains on TWTR in less than 2 hrs. 62 cent to $1.75 on May 17's...someone do that math for ROI
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm net free on my remaining GILD weeklies. It can spike now.
Attaboy Luther!
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OKTA with a breakout above resistance. $100 will get taken out on the way to $105 IMO
Up up and away. $100 magnet coming
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Ungodly gains on TWTR in less than 2 hrs.
That 1.2M spike in volume said alot. I'm only in with 2 call options on the 26th weeklies at $40.50 so I am going to let it ride.

I started with $500 last week post-QCOM (didn't profit) so I am comfortable taking the risk. It's just a fun account for trading, not using with my serious coin cause thats a no-no.
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM with upside down trend day. New high and my prediction is higher low than yesterday. No big deal.

S&P new high on the day. We ares less than 18 points from all time highs.

You want to talk about magnets......
leoj
AG
I'm being greedy on these QCOM calls but I think it keeps running into earnings. If they mention anything about Huewei deal or a new approved stock buy back on the 5/2 earnings call it could hit the roof.
Rice and Fries
leoj said:

I'm being greedy on these QCOM calls but I think it keeps running into earnings. If they mention anything about Huewei deal or a new approved stock buy back on the 5/2 earnings call it could hit the roof moon.
Fixed that for you.
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

I'm being greedy on these QCOM calls but I think it keeps running into earnings. If they mention anything about Huewei deal or a new approved stock buy back on the 5/2 earnings call it could hit the roof.
Huawei still has major hurdles ahead for international markets.
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ungodly gains on TWTR in less than 2 hrs. 62 cent to $1.75 on May 17's...someone do that math for ROI

I'm such an idiot. I had it ready to buy some calls for $.55 this morning and watching and supervising recruits got in my way.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
leoj
AG
Definitely. I just meant that they are in a dispute with them similar to Apple and are withholding payments and threatening the licensing business model as a large customer. That and the FTC trial are the last two big hurdles remaining in their way really.
oldarmy1
AG
Less than 16 points from all-time high

FEEL THE ENERGY
oldarmy1
AG
GILD
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Definitely. I just meant that they are in a dispute with them similar to Apple and are withholding payments and threatening the licensing business model as a large customer. That and the FTC trial are the last two big hurdles remaining in their way really.
I would think their hurdles stretch a bit further than that. Though Germany rejected Washington's demands to kick Huawei out of their 5G infrastructure bidding, it's pretty telling when you have to actually add a "we will not spy on you" clause in the bid proposal.
AggiePeeps06
AG
I'm up 75% in 15 minutes. Gotta love that
oldarmy1
AG
I went in medium on your PFE post and my comments. Looks to be day 1 of a red/green reversal
oldarmy1
AG
Bought a few QCOM May $80 Puts just for consolidation potential. Cost a buck each
oldarmy1
AG
FEYE might be making its move.
First Page Last Page
Page 476 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.