Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,320 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YNWA_AG said:

QCOM trading sideways between 57.84 and 57.95
57.97 now, we've shaken free from these chains!
Colt98
AG
Sold the IWM for a nice 100% gain. And bought more qcom while it was moving flat to lower my cost a little...
59 South
AG
Just got in on those QCOM 4/18 60 calls this morning at .54

So far so good
leoj
AG
I was able to lower my basis to .61
Rice and Fries
59 South said:

Just got in on those QCOM 4/18 60 calls this morning at .54

So far so good
This is a funny option to be in....

The price on the underlying is only up 0.30% but bid/ask has gone from 0.54 to 0.76...market must be expecting something (maybe related to the QCOM stock blowing up article)
YNWA_AG
AG
OA whats the explanation for the premium on the calls going up while QCOM isn't moving
leoj
AG
Great minds think alike, I was going to ask the exact same thing because it's a really distinct disconnect between the underlying stock and the options, so I'm pretty curious.

I get obviously the demand for the options is increasing the bid/ask even with a falling stock price from the days highs, but why is more my question.
leoj
AG
Is there a way to track volume and open interest of options like you can see volume of a stock?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/QCOM/options?p=QCOM&date=1555545600

Think or Swim has these data, too. Only the 55 strikes have more open call interest.
leoj
AG
Got it, thanks. Never get on either platform so good to know.
gougler08
AG
Sold QCOM Apt 12 58 puts for $1.29 right before close. Like it as a medium hold if it doesn't break out next week
claym711
AG
Today had to be one of the lowest range days since 2017.
oldarmy1
AG
So great to log in and see money being made. Most didn't panic on QVOM or FEYE, and a couple of you did exactly what I did doubling the QCOM and FEYE options on the range moves.

The only trade that some stopped out on were the weekly IWM and those actually paid big too.

How many options have we hit 100%+ on now?
ProgN
I bought the QCOM 4/26 60 calls at the close. You've been a solid conductor so I hopped on the next train.
leoj
AG
Learning slowly but surely...
ProgN
Will you be doing covered calls at SPX 2900 in anticipation of a pullback or do you think we retest the highs?
leoj
AG
The next week or two sure would be a nice time for a trade agreement to be reached with China..
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/06/lyft-is-threatening-litigation-against-morgan-stanley-accusing-the-firm-of-supporting-short-selling.html
Quote:

Lyft has threatened litigation against Morgan Stanley, accusing the firm of supporting short-selling for investors who are subject to lock-up agreements.

In a letter sent to Morgan Stanley on April 2, Lyft questioned the firm about its role in helping market certain products that would help pre-IPO investors bet against the stock. CNBC reviewed a copy of this letter, which was signed by Peter Stris of the law firm Stris & Maher, serving as the counsel for Lyft

The letter was prompted by reporting in the New York Post, which said that Morgan Stanley had been selling a short product to pre-IPO investors and cited three sources close to the situation.

Lyft asked for Morgan Stanley to be on record saying that they did not create such a product, and that they had engaged in the proper due diligence in marketing such a product. The letter, which copied Lyft's lead underwriters JP Morgan and Credit Suisse, also asks that if Morgan Stanley did engage in such activity that they stop immediately and turn over a list of shareholders who participated.

While the letter requested that Morgan Stanley respond by the end of the day on April 2, two source close to the matter said that as of late Friday, the firm had yet to do so formally. Both people asked for anonymity discussing private details involving the dispute.

However, a Morgan Stanley spokesperson provided a statement to CNBC, saying that the firm "did not market or execute, directly or indirectly, a sale, short sale, hedge, swap or transfer of risk or value associated with Lyft stock for any Lyft shareholder identified by the company or otherwise known to us to be the subject of a Lyft lock-up agreement
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4253106-stocks-watch-disney-bank-majors-step?dr=1

Quote:

Spotlight on Disney: Disney (NYSEIS) will give a sneak peek at Disney+ during an investor presentation on April 11. The media giant has been slow-playing its streaming effort just a bit in order to arrive at the market with the proper mix of content at a strategic price. Disney+ is expected to feature original TV and movie content, as well as drawing on its franchises for content such as live-action Star Wars shows and a Marvel TV series. How Disney decides to bundle and price Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ will of interest to Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Dish Network (NASDAQISH), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) and DirecTV (NYSE:T). While Disney+ is the big attraction of the event, it could be a guidance update from management that really stokes some buying action. Some analysts think shares of Disney (+5% YTD) are being held back due to uncertainty on synergy projections from the Fox deal and the anticipated costs of the streaming launch. As if the week wasn't already interesting enough for Disney, the first trailer for Star Wars: Episode IX will be making the rounds on social media.
This is just a small portion of the article. It is full of different companies that be ones to watch this week for anyone interested.
dlp3719
AG
I'm not sure if it's worth much, but three things on Delta.

1) Rumors that Buffett is interested in an airlines position. Apparently he bought some Delta (came out in a disclosure)
2) Delta doesn't own any Delta 787 Maxes and likely picked up business from other airlines canceling flights this quarter.
3). Earnings on Thursday this week

I would be curious if the folks doing the technical analysis, see a play this week.
gougler08
AG
So with the Disney+ announcement this week, should I go ahead and sell my NFLX and take the 10% profit or hold through it and wait for the technical breakout through the 370 mark?
Ragoo
AG
Nflx has earnings soon
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Nflx has earnings soon
Damn that quarter flew by
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU came under $60 for a trade buy
Ragoo
AG
Buying the stock long under 60?
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Buying the stock long under 60?
I had sold more of long holdings as it approached $75 plus had 25% of my shares called out at $70 on those covered calls, so I wouldn't mind this intended trade to end up as a long hold.

$60 is a support level and on continuation after an expected flash down below $60 it could make it to between $50-$55.

I imagine premiums will be large in the first few minutes and will sell a $60 covered call out to wherever I can get a $5 premium. So either make $5/share clean or own it long at $55.
tramaro1
AG
Anyone playing BAC going into earning next week? I was thinking about some 29.5 calls. They seem to always beat expectations.
oldarmy1
AG
Gold stocks looking good. GG approaching recent highs premarket $11.80

The big purchases posted on CDE at $3.80 look strong at $4.20 this morning. I just sold 25% of those buys there for that 10%+ otherwise sidelined capital we discussed. How are those 90 day CD's doing?
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

Anyone playing BAC going into earning next week? I was thinking about some 29.5 calls. They seem to always beat expectations.
If BAC gets to $28 I'd buy $29 calls for next weeks earnings. Maybe if it gets to $28.25 - will have to watch.
oldarmy1
AG
After big trade gains last couple of weeks I'm standing by to see if we go fill that S&P gap on 3/29 back to 2836 or can power upward. Plenty of opportunities will present themselves on either scenario, so simply a time for patience.

Frankly the markets would have more upside if we fill that gap and clean out weak long holders through a cycle period.

The only options trades left on the table are FEYE and QCOM and with the QCOM premium pop it received Friday allowed for selling the double down buys, to lower initial entry cost basis to a point where the trade is no longer a risk. Sometimes you get lucky.
tramaro1
gougler08
AG
QCOM with a big jump early
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

QCOM with a big jump early
QCOm and FEYE green in a sea of red.
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3448918-roku-minus-4-percent-citi-downgrade-risks
Quote:

Citi cuts Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) from Neutral to Sell citing the stock trading at near record highs, the risk of greater competition in the changing OTT landscape, and the potential for dilution from increased option grants and restricted stock.

Analyst Mark May notes that the downgrade isn't a call on Q1 earnings expected early next month. The analyst says market tailwinds could create near-term upside.

Roku received downgrades from Guggenheim, Macquarie, and Loop Capital in the past month.
oldarmy1
AG
So, let's cut ROKU because it's trading near record highs? That's quite the analysis.
First Page Last Page
Page 454 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.