Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,700 Views | 224265 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good morning OA,

I was reviewing several comments by firms covering NKE and the vast majority say don't believe the soft guidance and NKE is on sale. With that being said, the 87-92 strike call options going out from May-Aug are pretty damn cheap. If you were to take a flyer on a couple, what would they be? If played right, I could see a 1K investment paying off huge. I'd like your suggestion, if you were to make such a play. TIA
oldarmy1
AG
Endorsed post.

Take a day like yesterday. I'm away from a computer after seeing premarket futures down 13. No big deal, I am thinking. A post gap fill pause is fairly common before heading higher.

However, a 50+ point drop triggered predetermined sales I'm trailing stops and option losses. The only option buy entered yesterday was a set 45 cent SFIX April 18 call. Didn't think it would even fill but it hit that in last 35 minutes. DIS calls didn't stop. Sold all of AAPL as posted when saying I'd look for next opening for a trade. And here it comes!

Markets love to shake before hitting new all-time highs. That's a given but it's a wait and see, to determine just how deep this cuts.

And we WANT a deep sell off as traders because you can make 40%+ returns in a shorter exposure period.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Good morning OA,

I was reviewing several comments by firms covering NKE and the vast majority say don't believe the soft guidance and NKE is on sale. With that being said, the 87-92 strike call options going out from May-Aug are pretty damn cheap. If you were to take a flyer on a couple, what would they be? If played right, I could see a 1K investment paying off huge. I'd like your suggestion, if you were to make such a play. TIA

I'm looking for NKE below $75 and then would join you.
oldarmy1
AG
I think BAC comes under $26 for a flash trade.
ProgN
thanks
gougler08
AG
Someone had posted earlier on RIG breaking out of the Darvis box...looks like it came back down to the top so that would theoretically be new resistance line right (around 9)?
oldarmy1
AG
GG rising wedge trendline. You can see upper resistance and the 200 DMA coming into a crossing point soon.

Look at the mass volume support on down days holding it firm.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
OA, are you still Long weekly gild calls, or did you exit Friday?
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

OA, are you still Long weekly gild calls, or did you exit Friday?
Got stopped out
oldarmy1
AG
Last 3 point tiny gap on the S&P got filled on the previous pullback. We have one at 2744 that's about the same size as something to watch if the selling continues.
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
SUM
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

SUM
I just bought back 30k shares
gougler08
AG
And NIO testing opening day lows
AgShaun00
AG
on GG, are you looking at short term options, or long term play on gold that you mentioned earlier.
oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

on GG, are you looking at short term options, or long term play on gold that you mentioned earlier.
I have a lot of shares and also the $11 calls out to April 18.
ProgN
ROKU, DIS and even NKE are showing impressive strength right now.
La Bamba
AG
Feast or famine with this one.
gougler08
AG
I lowered my cost basis and got more NIO here at 5.40
La Bamba
AG
I think it goes lower. It seems like there's no base? Need trade deal news or something.
oldarmy1
AG
SFIX options up from Friday late entry. Reversal looks like will chart today
E
AG
I sold all my SUM last week at 16.84, if I can scrap any money together this week I'll look to get back in
oldarmy1
AG
Attempted market reversal.
shiphunt
AG
DIS wanted 109 badly on that reversal but couldn't quite get it
oldarmy1
AG
shiphunt said:

DIS wanted 109 badly on that reversal but couldn't quite get it
Intraday rising wedge. Break through that $109 and it will run.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Attempted market reversal.
Cup and handle formed
oldarmy1
AG
That latest JD basing point of $27.50 was dead on.
oldarmy1
AG
DE having a reversal day rejecting Friday selloff. Watch for it to completely cover the Friday candle.

Watch for mirror of that first reversal shown after pullback. The 2nd one had an intraday reversal with continuation for easy identification of trend.

Colt98
AG
I went ahead a sold half my GG positions for 102% return, so now I'm net free to watch this thing run a little this week. Also needed some seed money after last weeks butt kicking, to buy some other option plays this week.
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

I went ahead a sold half my GG positions for 102% return, so now I'm net free to watch this thing run a little this week. Also needed some seed money after last weeks butt kicking, to buy some other option plays this week.
GG pushing higher due to potential $0.88/share juice added to Newmont offer of buyout. That's a big % gain on holders of shares.

https://www.ft.com/content/2a78cddc-4f0f-11e9-9c76-bf4a0ce37d49
oldarmy1
AG
Intraday H&S broke for a quick drop on S&P. There is no "all clear" on market entries. Intraday action all over the place as expected.

We have the big cup and handle. It broke for a move higher to days highs but quickly formed a small H&S that confirmed with breakdown. That took us to current larger H&S now. Needs to hold or a failed market reversal will result in a larger pullback, likely to fill that 2744 gap.

As I was editing to add chart the larger H&S failed so down we go.
leoj
AG
Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) is up 4.4% ahead of Apple's big streaming-TV announcements, amid notes that CEO Anthony Wood is in the Apple staging area.
The company was absent from the names announcing a deal with Apple at CES, Peter Kafka notes, but they look to be part of the news today.
Observers are watching to see if AirPlay 2 support will be enabled on Roku devices.
badharambe
AG
ROKU bottoming here imo, in for day trade

edit: 1:51pm - out ROKU
ProgN
Someone needs to put a kick into Mickey Mouse's ass.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Someone needs to put a kick into Mickey Mouse's ass.
Decent checkmark pattern on DIS
First Page Last Page
Page 439 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.