Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,436 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
shiphunt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am I reading this wrong or DIS trying to fill a January gap?
gougler08
AG
Happy Friday everyone
Aggie_2463
AG
Well after HEAR debacle, I have been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a pull back. Maybe I can make up some of those losses next week.
tramaro1
AG
Everything is down, but DE good lord. Debating if I buy more at this low level and hope for a bounce next week or just ride out what I have?
WestTexAg12
AG
So should we be worrying once again about a steeper pullback based on the inverse?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
tramaro1
AG
Putting the signal out for OA guidance
https://giphy.com/gifs/film-cinemagraph-cinemagraphs-l396BoOTIFem9xqQU
SlackerAg
AG
Fed's signaling no more rates raised in 2019 is a tailwind for the rest of the year, IMO.
diablo loco
HackerAg said:

Fed's signaling no more rates raised in 2019 is a tailwind for the rest of the year, IMO.
I agree. I'm starting to load up on NIO right or wrong. Anyone else riding the stupid train with me? ENPH has been bailing me out.
La Bamba
AG
I loaded up on Nio a week ago. A little prematurely but am just riding it out. For better or worse.
Aggie_2463
AG
I got in on NIO at 5.80 a week back or so.

May buy a little more at 5:60 range.
EngrAg14
AG
Feds didnt wang to raise rates due to the inverse yield curve would have flipped and people would have freaked.
I dont think the feds need to raise rates for the recession to happen this year due to the credit bubble and sales/housing markets slowing down.
claym711
AG
Why can't the fed raise rates past 2.25 and removes all '19 dots in this booming economy?

A couple raises and we have a full year of bear.

It's a huge bubble that's going to pop but they're gonna try to let the air out slowly. We'll see if it works.

They'll roll out a baby QE if not.
EngrAg14
AG
The feds dont wan a be the cause of the recession. That's what trump was made about the increased rate increases. He didn't want it on his terms of presidency.

Would be hard for him to win reelection if a recession begins under his terms.

So they tried to he out and let it begin naturally which for me would indicate a very fast and massive drop. Rather than a slow and regular downturn.

Granted this is just from my research into what drives the yield curve. And my views on the recent months downturns.
tramaro1
AG
Screw it, bought more DIS 4/18 calls on this dip. It has a month to turn it around
ProgN
tramaro1 said:

Screw it, bought more DIS 4/18 calls on this dip. It has a month to turn it around
That's a good buy, it's showing pretty good strength on ma down day
leoj
AG
I lowered my cost basis on the DIS calls as well, just in time it seems
ProgN
DIS trying to go positive. Very very good sign.
ProgN
tramaro1 said:

Putting the signal out for OA guidance
https://giphy.com/gifs/film-cinemagraph-cinemagraphs-l396BoOTIFem9xqQU

Helping you out Tramaro.
tramaro1
AG
Lol thanks
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Just took a peek at the screen since this AM. Loads of red, but the daily charts don't look too badly damaged -- no major supports broken - as of now (knock on wood). I'll hold and see if there's follow through next week. Hopefully, Trump keeps his mouth shut unless announcing a China deal.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Today is a buying opportunity.
leoj
AG
Rally into the close?
UpstateAg
AG
That'd be one hell of a power hour.
leoj
AG
Just wishful thinking
jmcfar_98
AG
Well I'm glad that's over.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Large buy immediately after bell on GILD (1-min).
CheladaAg
AG
S&P closed below 10ma, probably gap down Monday if no news
oldarmy1
AG
Holy crap. Had close door meetings all day and you guys killed the markets!

I mean it's perfectly expected to have a post gap fill pull back but this was excessive. And last gap fill before all time highs at that. Interesting. Will have to wait and see.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Holy crap. Had close door meetings all day and you guys killed the markets!

I mean it's perfectly expected to have a post gap fill pull back but this was excessive. And last gap fill before all time highs at that. Interesting. Will have to wait and see.

The gang on here after we even sent up the OA bat signal.
oldarmy1
AG

claym711
AG
Fed goes super dove, same week yield curve inverts...
ProgN
Chipotlemonger
AG
Holy ****
Rice and Fries
claym711 said:

Why can't the fed raise rates past 2.25 and removes all '19 dots in this booming economy?

A couple raises and we have a full year of bear.

It's a huge bubble that's going to pop but they're gonna try to let the air out slowly. We'll see if it works.

They'll roll out a baby QE if not.

This is not a bubble. You tell me where there's a bubble? Real estate isn't still flying off the handle like in 08. Lenders aren't out there with tons of subprime lending. Yes credit card debt is high, but unemployment is low so as long as people can pay. You want to see a "bubble", go look at the Chinese real estate....empty cities and people with tons of loans to own two or three apartments in these empty cities. On top of the amount of leverage throughout their entire economy as a whole. Do I think there are idiots in real estate? Yes. But they aren't going to be taking the numbers to take us down.

Feds need to raise rates to a level that allows them to drop them in a recession. What happens if the fed didn't raise the rates and the economy ranks? We gonna be like the Germans and have negative yield in our bonds? Come on.

The recession is probably going to be triggered by lack of global growth and market pullback. We've been going for almost 11 years now. Look at how long an economy grows between recessions...average is 10 years and we are right there. There's no way we could continue to have an aggressive growth (and not price it into the market) for 15-20 years. We are a mature established economy. A little pullback is a good thing.

TLDR: stop saying we are in a bubble, without posting any evidence. Just cause you watched the big short and understand what an MBS means does not mean we are in a bubble.
Rice and Fries
Another thing that concerns me are the amount of goobers here who are dependent upon OA1.

Don't get me wrong, he is a great source of knowledge and gives great lessons and market insight. He is incredibly kind to be teaching us degenerates in this forum who don't do this fulltime...

but this whole "OA1 bat signal" and "what moves do we make" is going to burn people. Because you are making moves you don't fully understand and have exits fully planned either. OA1 does his analysis, plots his enterance and sets his exit and then comes to the board and posts them. He's a busy man and has a life outside the forum...and the market took a dump yesterday. And you all were pseudo panicking about what this means.

What happens during a significant downturn? And there is blood on the streets cause we have a 1000 point drop in the DJIA? There will be a lot of people in here who are going to get burned because they don't understand the Greeks on their options instrinsicaly and then start to get angry at those on this board who didn't tell them when to sell.

TLDR: do your own due diligence and don't rely on OA1 or others who know what they are doing. Just cause you can sell a covered call option doesn't mean you know everything. You're going to get burned and it won't be anyone's fault but yours. NEVER INVEST WHAT YOU CANT STAND TO SEE LOST, that's stocks 101.
First Page Last Page
Page 438 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.