Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,929 Views | 224484 Replies | Last: 14 sec ago by flashplayer
FriskyGardenGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What time frame are you trading? It's still making lower lows on the dailies. It's very oversold, but it can stay that way given the current downtrend.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Liking the daily candle on MRO. Let's close above that 200MA and run!
TombstoneTex
AG
I have the 7/19 17.50 calls. I'm long on HEAR as well, just looking to learn and possibly make some money buying and selling calls on it as it (hopefully) works its way back up.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Rhetorical question: If your shares got called away at 17.50 would you be happy?

Wish I could, but I can't speak to a July time frame. Based on the daily chart, I see little suggesting a bottom is in. It's broken all support and hasn't been this low since last May (there's a gap at $8.43, if you believe in gap attraction). My money is not long here. I'm sure there are other opinions and mine is worth what you paid.
TombstoneTex
AG
Thanks for the insight.
oldarmy1
AG
H&S formed off the post-interest rates announcement and now broke down.

Had a mini-one of the 10 minute chart and a bigger one since move began.

gougler08
AG
ALGN trying that 266 resistance again
CheladaAg
AG
I'll post in the Biostock thread but for those of you that like small caps, a company called Titan Pharmaceuticals TTNP is having their earnings April 2nd and expecting news about it's product probuphine, the only time release product of buprenorphine to treat Opiod addiction; huge issue $ in today's day. There is a decent amount of short interest and I can see this squeeze in the next few days.
oldarmy1
AG
Told ya financiasls didn't like that news. BAC back toward mid $ after finally breaking resistance Monday. That ain't good.
UpstateAg
AG
One of my side hustles is working at an opioid recovery clinic. I don't know if probuphine is the cash cow that some think. There are other drugs out there that have subdermal time release (albeit, not for 6 months, but its not an implant like this either). I hope I'm wrong, because the amount of people addicted to opioids is incredibly high. 4 years ago, it was 1 doctor for 100 patients. I believe it is now 250-300 patients per doctor because the demand was so high.
Also, I'm skeptical of probuphine because it requires addicts not to yank out the implant, which can be pretty cumbersome. Because of this, we do mainly sublingual tablets and dissolving strips that have BUP in them, but also Naloxone.
Again, not saying it won't be a cash cow, but we aren't using it, even though the training has been done.
oldarmy1
AG
Just bought some TTNP after reading a couple of blurbs. Mainly looking at chart of volume pick up and breaking out above resistance for a probable move into next week.
Colt98
AG
So would weekly nflx 280 calls be good for a pop in the morning?
cgh1999
AG
That fed report could not be worse for banks.
oldarmy1
AG
cgh1999 said:

That fed report could not be worse for banks.
Yup - I took Put positions across GS, PNC and WFC. GS is almost already in the money and I'll probably sell half and call the rest out as a short holding.
oldarmy1
AG
There goes DIS volume flush That is a reversal chart on DIS. Easy option money
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

1k DIS $110 weeklies just bought by someone
OH, I guess my order got filled?
You ended the day up $32k IF you had bought 1k $110 DIS Strikes at 30 cents.

At any rate I never ignore 1k options in a 10 second period. While getting stopped out for a flat trade on the $112's I bought with the $110 1k (I only bought 50) and didn't sell at the close spike.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
TTNP after hours move. I took a 24 cent gain on half so now I'm golden on 10k shares.

Thanks Boyz05! Nice timing post.
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

So would buying calls at $112 a couple weeks out be the play?
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'd look at opening price tomorrow and decide somewhere between $112-$115. With the other peer leaders breaking out DIS should bust that $115 again.
CheladaAg
AG
UpstateAg said:

One of my side hustles is working at an opioid recovery clinic. I don't know if probuphine is the cash cow that some think. There are other drugs out there that have subdermal time release (albeit, not for 6 months, but its not an implant like this either). I hope I'm wrong, because the amount of people addicted to opioids is incredibly high. 4 years ago, it was 1 doctor for 100 patients. I believe it is now 250-300 patients per doctor because the demand was so high.
Also, I'm skeptical of probuphine because it requires addicts not to yank out the implant, which can be pretty cumbersome. Because of this, we do mainly sublingual tablets and dissolving strips that have BUP in them, but also Naloxone.
Again, not saying it won't be a cash cow, but we aren't using it, even though the training has been done.

That's right, we are in an opioid crisis right now. Government and agencies are spending too much trying stop it and will revert to anything including this being that its the only unique long duration time release. At such a low float volume,13 mm shares, this doesn't have to be a cash cow, just a steady selling product. I just don't see how taking pills will even work when addicts "forget" taking a prescription pill and then relapse. Something that delivers automatically seems to be the best solution in my opinion.
oldarmy1
AG
boyz05 said:

UpstateAg said:

That's right, we are in an opioid crisis right now. Government and agencies are spending too much trying stop it and will revert to anything including this being that its the only unique long duration time release. At such a low float volume,13 mm shares, this doesn't have to be a cash cow, just a steady selling product. I just don't see how taking pills will even work when addicts "forget" taking a prescription pill and then relapse. Something that delivers automatically seems to be the best solution in my opinion.
Thx. It's dropped back to $2.04. If it drops below $2 I'm buying the 10k shares sold back.
UpstateAg
AG
They "forget" to take their pills so they have enough to sell on the street for 20 bucks a piece. They get 90, take 1/3 of them, sell the rest. Not bad for the $3 co-pay through medicaid and medicare. The people that are fighting for sobriety and have support around them really do take their medicine. Many don't have that around the (although we provide for them the counseling that is government and insurance mandated, but thats an hour or two a month). It is a really sad side-hustle.
Is there anything about what the insurance coverage and if government will allow it on their medicare/caid plans? If they start paying for this, then look out. The time release injections we give are not popular because its only covered by the big insurance companies and, shocking I know, most people don't have those.
I'm still buying TTNP though.

gougler08
AG
Colt98 said:

So would weekly nflx 280 calls be good for a pop in the morning?
Assuming you mean 380, it seems like that would be a good bet. Broke resistance with volume and closed above it even when market came back down
gougler08
AG
MU announced earnings and seems to be treading water so far, will be interesting to see during the conference call if it heads up or down from there
ryanhnc10
AG
I mentioned CRZO last week. It's close to bumping up against top resistance and could break out
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'd look at opening price tomorrow and decide somewhere between $112-$115. With the other peer leaders breaking out DIS should bust that $115 again.

Filled back at $1.97. Will sell these at $1.20 to lower holding price of half by total 50 cents. Love positioning these small stocks.
oldarmy1
AG
Markets continue to digest the shift from the hapless Fed. Hard to imagine this is the same group a few short months ago hellbent on raising rates, with absolutely zero inflationary indicators.

2810 area is a key watch point for maintaining upward momentum. I'll be watching flash action below 2813 and be a buyer of calls out 3-4 weeks.

I might dip my toe in a couple of weekly calls if we see enough pullback to have a potential rubber band bounce back.
ProgN
On options action last night someone was buying the NKE $93 weekly calls for .25 as an earnings play. They report after the close, thoughts?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

On options action last night someone was buying the NKE $93 weekly calls for .25 as an earnings play. They report after the close, thoughts?

Lotto ticket.

And on the macro market outlook if we stay at or above 2813 on the S&P then the likelihood of flash down prices evaporates.

oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Pignorant said:

OA, are the April AAPL calls a longer term play or did you have a stop limit price?
Went out to April 18th for time value. Sticking with them and notice the big 3 are green. Markets find support bottom and those will race.

AAPL up $2.30
oldarmy1
AG
DIS green.

So far it looks like all the testing downward occurred premarket. Futures were down near 2814 on a flash before bouncing.
59 South
AG
I like BAC 30 calls out to 4/12 if they hit .10 or under with a drop to 28 to test support.
oldarmy1
AG
Just took half of AAPL calls off. Up over $4. Whoop!
gougler08
AG
ALGN through its previous 266 resistance, let's go see that gap fill soon
First Page Last Page
Page 434 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.