Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,805 Views | 224255 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've spoken about the goal post runs and here is a great example on V. The red/green reversal bottom with huge volume and then the green/red reversal top. After exiting the last $155 calls successfully I now won't touch V.

Whether this is also a macro market top signal remains to be seen but I wouldn't be chasing entries right now and the V Put I posted is doing well. Right now is a time to sit back and count your gains, while waiting to see what this pullback looks like.

Pignorant
AG
OA, are the April AAPL calls a longer term play or did you have a stop limit price?
oldarmy1
AG
See the head and shoulders clearly followed by 2 attempts to hold the neck line. Once it failed down we went into "h" patterns. Smaller head and shoulders formed with quick fail on that one for continuation.

oldarmy1
AG
Pignorant said:

OA, are the April AAPL calls a longer term play or did you have a stop limit price?
Went out to April 18th for time value. Sticking with them and notice the big 3 are green. Markets find support bottom and those will race.
oldarmy1
AG
Buying a weekly GS $200 for a buck with stop at 75 cents, as my test the support trade.
oldarmy1
AG
SUM below $17 again. Be cautious after taking it for some easy support gains two previous times. If entering here at $16.87 have a quick trigger exit at $16.71 for small loss.

I've made a killing on SUM and am not trading it going forward unless a huge opportunity entry unfolds.
oldarmy1
AG
TRNX is the most hard luck stock ever. Anyone else notice that any time they have news with upward bounce the markets are dropping? EVERY. DANG. TIME.
E
AG
Dang, was hoping SUM would reach $20 by end of spring
khkman22
AG
BenRev09 said:

Only slightly ahead of you in terms of experience, but I'd recommend buying multiples of the same option. Gives you the flexibility to lock in profits (or mitigate risk) while letting the option run. Example would be selling half if the price doubles, to leave yourself in a net free position. I'm not as confident in my understanding of price targets, so I've gained a lot just by having that flexibility.

Also, be patient or take your profits, a lot can happen between now and 4/18
FIFY

Obviously depends on everybody's risk tolerance and specific situation, but just because you're up on an option, don't assume you've got guaranteed money. Things can and do change quickly with options.

Case in point, I sold NIO $7 puts for $0.40 when it was at $8 before it ran up to $10. At one point they were at $0.15 and stock price was 40% above exercise price with less than a month until expiration. So guaranteed premium pocketed, right? Not in this case. I'm in NIO at $6.60 and have some additional 4/18 puts I sold that I will be okay owning if it comes to it. But, this is just one example of don't be afraid to take profits if your risk tolerance is low, because they may not be there tomorrow.
oldarmy1
AG
Reason I entered the GS trade was the S&P is formed an intraday reverse H&S. Those are up 25% and I closed out 50% of them, since I bought 100 and that gives me 50 to hold to the 75 cent stop risk free. Will post the intraday S&P update on here to show.

So markets get a support move upward GS will easily get into the money taking the $1 calls to over $2.30 (if happens today) Take 30 cents off for time value decay if not until tomorrow.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SUM below $17 again. Be cautious after taking it for some easy support gains two previous times. If entering here at $16.87 have a quick trigger exit at $16.71 for small loss.

I've made a killing on SUM and am not trading it going forward unless a huge opportunity entry unfolds.
3rd time it's bounced off just over 16.80 in the past couple weeks
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

3rd time it's bounced off just over 16.80 in the past couple weeks
Why I posted it. Most trade the support with a small loss exit if it fails. $17.71 would be a negative but it held and bounced back above $17. Remains to be seen if it has upward support or if this was a predictable bounce to draw in buyers.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Those V $152.50 Strike Puts came into the money on a flash down and you sell on that. I'm out.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Thanks.
Sold mine a bit earlier today. I didn't want to hold them through the fed.
oldarmy1
AG
We spoke about AMZN needing market continuation to see a breakout. Well yesterdays market trend highs before reversing had it bump up on that resistance. Today its holding just below it but it is noteworthy to see that each failure came after a two day attempt - the markets then really went into sell-off mode.

Today's 170 point drop is a blip and the markets could roar back and bust out or be down 300+ tomorrow. I say this because you can watch AMZN to know what's going to happen, based on the last 3 times being the indicator.

I bought some weekly AMZN 1750's as a hedge (I own it net free long across all accounts), because its either going to breakout or fail hard.

oldarmy1
AG
1k DIS $110 weeklies just bought by someone
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

OH, I guess my order got filled?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

OH, I guess my order got filled?
Then you're up $11k dollars. Well played.
ProgN
ProgN
No more Fed rate hikes this year
oldarmy1
AG
Banks didn't like that news.
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN broke yesterdays highs.
oldarmy1
AG
Gold was down 10 and now up over $6. Gold stocks all reversed upward
oldarmy1
AG
See how post-enthusiasm bounce plays out.
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

GOLD was down 10 and now up over $6. Gold stocks all reversed upward

OA, I know you are in your 3rd round of GG. What is your get out point when it hits around $11.40? That seems to be where the ceiling hits (give or take a little).
oldarmy1
AG
Our CX entry is looking good on the chart for a probable candle sending it into the $5's
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

GOLD was down 10 and now up over $6. Gold stocks all reversed upward

OA, I know you are in your 3rd round of GG. What is your get out point when it hits around $11.40? That seems to be where the ceiling hits (give or take a little).
As it approaches that I'm selling into it. Trade shares and options bought down here only. At some juncture it won't stop and will just zoom on upward.
tramaro1
AG
Gotcha, thanks!
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

Gotcha, thanks!
Fingers crossed that today is first day of a red/green reversal. Setting up that way on the daily
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN on 1800 magnet flash protocol.
oldarmy1
AG
NFLX resistance breakout
oldarmy1
AG
AAPL resistance break
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NFLX resistance breakout
TombstoneTex
AG
Sold calls on HEAR Monday, close the position now for 60% of what I originally sold them for and pocket the difference or continue to wait?

Edit to add: I guess the real question would be, is this the floor?
First Page Last Page
Page 433 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.