Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,295,053 Views | 225299 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La Bamba said:

Nio has had two days of ~2.5% up in early PM followed by same drop at the opening. Broke the 5.75/5.80 support line. I guess testing the ATL is where we go from here before bouncing?
Reversal pattern formed. See if it holds with continuation this time.
oldarmy1
AG
Glad I sold half of those DIS calls for a little profit and a net free holding. Smartest people took the 100%+ gain available in a single day, as it turns out. News driven hits are unseen risks.
WestTexAg12
AG
HEAR continues to disappoint. Down 5.6%
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
Dorsey selling SQ on its rise.

https://zolmax.com/investing/insider-selling-square-inc-sq-ceo-sells-7969757-25-in-stock/2971063.html

I sold all I planned to but entered $71 covered calls out to April 18th.
oldarmy1
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

I'm not LISTENING to anything on HEAR.
oldarmy1
AG
RPD flashed above $50 for exiting Calls at $2.10 (filled average. Woot!).
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Glad I sold half of those DIS calls for a little profit and a net free holding. Smartest people took the 100%+ gain available in a single day, as it turns out. News driven hits are unseen risks.

I did the same. Are you holding for a bounce or just getting out?
Post removed:
by user
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Big hammer candle w/ volume on the 1min charts. I'm not touching this one, however.
oldarmy1
AG
Posted after its fall that ROKU's trendline was still intact. Fact is the stock simply had a short squeeze that ran it up ahead of trend too far, which is why I had posted selling during that squeeze.

TombstoneTex
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

I like their company long term but it's goonf to be hard for them the next few months as they acquire and integrate that peripheral company. Sold some more 17.50 covered calls this morning expiring in July before they dropped that 5.6%.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing!
oldarmy1
AG
jayelbee said:

Do you see a different opportunity for DIS after that news. This seems like a short term blip and it could end up back over 115 by the end of the week
Yeah, it will eventually move on up and breakout but the momentum killing recycle time is impossible to analyze. The good news is the lower it goes the better the trade opportunity to recapture a momentum trade.
oldarmy1
AG
HYC_AG said:

WestTexAg12 said:

I like their company long term but it's goonf to be hard for them the next few months as they acquire and integrate that peripheral company. Sold some more 17.50 covered calls this morning expiring in July before they dropped that 5.6%.

What I dislike is how the options are rigged. $12.50 to $15 versus $12, $13, $14 like most stocks. Makes entry a required bullseye or your toast.
TombstoneTex
AG
oldarmy1 said:

HYC_AG said:

WestTexAg12 said:

What I dislike is how the options are rigged. $12.50 to $15 versus $12, $13, $14 like most stocks. Makes entry a required bullseye or your toast.

Didn't realize that was stock specific! I thought it was just something to do with the platform I was using.

Would it be the low volume on that stocks options that leads to having them every $2.50 instead of every $1?
oldarmy1
AG
HYC_AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

HYC_AG said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Didn't realize that was stock specific! I thought it was just something to do with the platform I was using.

Would it be the low volume on that stocks options that leads to having them every $2.50 instead of every $1?
PatAAto PatAHto

Somewhat but the cause and effect of not having a normal option chain creates its own lack of volume. I'd be a buyer of $13 calls down here but not paying the $12.50 premium and certainly not reaching for the $15's.
oldarmy1
AG
AMZN and NFLX both pressing upper boundary resistance levels.
ProgN
Quote:

Turtle Beach Corp (NASDAQ: HEAR) stock dropped 18 percent Friday after the company's 2019 guidance disappointed the market and amendments to second- and third-quarter 2018 reports due to erroneous accounting spooked the market.

Turtle Beach short sellers made a $24 million profit on Friday and are now positive for the year, according to financial technology and analytics firm S3 Partners.

Short Interest

Despite Turtle Beach reporting record profits and revenue in the fourth quarter and increasing its market share by 3.7 percent, the market wasn't kind to the red-hot stock on Friday. Turtle Beach has the fourth-largest outstanding short position in the U.S. consumer electronics sector, according to analyst Ihor Dusaniwsky. Turtle Beach's aggregate short interest of $146 million trails only Roku Inc (NASDAQ: ROKU), Garmin Ltd (NASDAQ: GRMN) and GoPro Inc (NASDAQ: GPRO) as the most popular shorts in that sector.

Turtle Beach's 9.05 million shares held short represent an incredibly high 72.6 percent of Turtle Beach's float. Because shares are so difficult for short sellers to borrow at this point, Dusaniwsky said new shorts are paying a borrow fee of between 130 percent and 170 percent.

Adding Positions

After Turtle Beach stock soared 687 percent in 2018, short sellers have aggressively added to their positions so far this year. Short interest is up 41 percent year to date, but Dusaniwsky said supply has limited additional shorting in recent weeks.

"While shares shorted have only increased by 39 thousand shares, +0.43%, in March, stock borrow rates have jumped from 41.40% fee to 60.65% fee, a 47% increase," he wrote in a report.

Prior to Friday's session, Turtle Beach short sellers were down more than $20 million year to date. They're now positive by $3.4 million on the year.

The stock traded at $13.39 per share at time of publication.

Related Links:

S3 Partners: Longs, Not Shorts, Are Selling Tesla

'Fortnite' Creator Turns $3B Profit In 2018: The Stocks That Benefit
FWIW
oldarmy1
AG
OK, HEAR Ye HEAR Ye.

I'm selling $1.30 April 18 Puts on the $12.50 Strikes. You will see my volume ticking off now.

I'll own shares at net $11.20 or earn $130/Put option.
gougler08
AG
NIO bounces after OA posts...
oldarmy1
AG
AAPL is in a clear short squeeze over the last week and continues. Good weekly call option a couple of dollars above current price. I say it flashes on $190
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
170% borrow fee? Wow
UpstateAg
AG
Those April calls were awfully cheap this morning!
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OK, HEAR Ye HEAR Ye.

I'm selling $1.30 April 18 Puts on the $12.50 Strikes. You will see my volume ticking off now.

I'll own shares at net $11.20 or earn $130/Put option.
My cautionary tale on HEAR. It is right now below the Darvis Box formed since November. IF this isn't a flash move followed with a quick rebound above $12.36 there is not telling how low it might go. A failure to come back within the box could see it fall well below $10.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
That hammer reversal on HEAR sure failed -- new LOD.
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

That hammer reversal on HEAR sure failed -- new LOD.
Another bounce likely - look at volume picked up again but trend continues down and shorts will want to drive it lower for a technical continuation move getting the support buyers to fold.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Yep, there is is.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P nasty double top ends the upward fun.
gougler08
AG
Quick drop off that double top
oldarmy1
AG
Bought the AAPL $195 April 18's at $1.70
oldarmy1
AG
SONO chart looks pretty good for an eventual rebound trade.
oldarmy1
AG
Just executed a CX trade entry for 100k shares. People think Mexico isn't going to use concrete or something? Give me a break!
ProgN
Would you look at SLDB when you get a chance and tell me what you think?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SONO chart looks pretty good for an eventual rebound trade.

Got in at just over 10 for a small position this morning
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Would you look at SLDB when you get a chance and tell me what you think?
Major support under $9 with a clear upward SLOW rise. Gets ahead of itself like it did and it sells back to trend quickly. But this is a bio stock so forget the technical analysis. It's all on the studies.
ProgN
Thanks, a big share holder added to his position last week
First Page Last Page
Page 431 of 6438

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.