Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,548 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ADBE had a record Qtr
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Fourth Quarter Highlights vs. Year-Ago Quarter:
Net revenue increased 40% to $111.3 million from $79.7 million;
Gross margin increased approximately 90 basis points to 38.5% from 37.6%;
Net income up 73% to $24.6 million, or $1.33 per diluted share, compared to $14.2 million, or $1.15 per diluted share;
Adjusted net income was up 51% to $21.5 million, or $1.33 per diluted share, compared to $14.2 million, or $1.15 per diluted share;
Adjusted EBITDA increased 45% to $25.0 million from $17.2 million; and
Net revenue, gross margin, net income and adjusted EBITDA were all at the highest fourth quarter levels since becoming public in 2014.
Ragoo
AG
Welp, those options are worthless now.
E
AG
All of that and its tanking... whats the bad news that wasnt reported?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Here's the full release: http://corp.turtlebeach.com/media-resources/releases/releases-detail/366/turtle-beach-reports-record-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2018-results

I'm not going to try and make sense of the AH movement thus far.
mrad85
AG
Looks like I'll be holding HEAR a little longer than anticipated
Shiner Bock
AG
HEAR q1 guidance 42 million, lower than expected (flat to 2018)
ProgN
Quote:

*Turtle Beach Reports Purchase Of ROCCAT For $14.8M In Cash
Quote:

SAN DIEGO and HAMBURG, Germany, March 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Turtle Beach (Nasdaq: HEAR), the global leader in gaming headsets and audio accessories, today announced the entry into an agreement to acquire ROCCAT -- a top German PC peripherals company with a history of producing innovative, award-winning gaming mice, keyboards and other accessories.

With ROCCAT's powerful product lineup added to Turtle Beach's broad market position and leading headset brand, the acquisition significantly accelerates Turtle Beach's planned expansion into the $2.9 billion[1] market for PC gaming headsets, mice and keyboards. By acquiring ROCCAT, Turtle Beach further strengthens its market position in key PC-centric European territories, including Germany where ROCCAT is already a well-respected leading brand. Additionally, ROCCAT will see the benefits of Turtle Beach's strong sales and distribution in North America and across Europe, while Turtle Beach will gain distribution into new Asian markets through ROCCAT's presence in those markets.

Turtle Beach is acquiring ROCCAT for $14.8 million in cash, net of a working capital adjustment, $1 million in cash or stock (company option), plus up to approximately $3.4 million in earnout payments.[2] Following the completion of the transaction, which is expected in the second quarter, ROCCAT's partial year contribution to Turtle Beach's 2019 net revenue is expected to be approximately $20--$24 million. The Company expects revenues from ROCCAT products to be over $30 million in 2020, and that the acquisition will be accretive to net income and EPS in 2020.

"This is a dynamic and strategically important deal for Turtle Beach," said Juergen Stark, CEO of Turtle Beach. "We are adding a complementary portfolio of PC gaming mice and keyboards, a skilled PC accessories team, and a highly synergistic distribution footprint.

"The acquisition is also a key step in achieving our goal of building a $100 million PC gaming accessories business in the coming years. ROCCAT accelerates our expansion into the roughly $1.6 billion[3] PC gaming headset market, as well as directly enables us to address the roughly $1.3 billion(1) PC gaming keyboard and mice market. We believe our combined product portfolio is one of the strongest in the industry, covering gaming headsets for consoles and PC's, gaming keyboards and mice. Together we will have 48 core product models to pursue the total addressable market of over $4.7 billion in North America, Europe and Asia."

Stark continued, "We are thrilled to welcome Ren Korte and the ROCCAT team to the Turtle Beach family, as they are a highly talented group with deep experience in PC accessories and have a similar focus on providing high quality, innovative products to gamers worldwide."

Ren Korte, CEO of ROCCAT, added, "We've long admired how Turtle Beach's pioneering headsets have elevated gaming and it is an honor to join forces and bring our great products to more gamers. I have no doubt that combining ROCCAT's strength in the PC peripherals market with Turtle Beach's 45 years of experience, impressive technology, console dominance, and strong brand will bring even more victories to gamers around the world."

ROCCAT has been ranked as one of the top 10 best-selling gaming peripheral brands in Europe, and per recent Newzoo consumer survey data(3) , is one of the top four brands for awareness, purchase consideration, and preference for gaming keyboards and mice in the German PC gaming peripheral market.

ROCCAT recently launched its new Vulcan Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and latest Kone AIMO RGBA Smart Customization Gaming Mouse to high editorial and fan praise. The original Kone mouse has been acclaimed as one of the most ergonomic gaming mouse shapes on the market and was the first mouse to incorporate RGB lighting into its design. The new Kone AIMO mouse was the best-selling PC gaming mouse in Germany in the fourth quarter of 2018.

The Vulcan keyboard introduced ROCCAT's proprietary Titan mechanical switch and has become one of the top three best-selling gaming keyboards in Germany, as well as a best-selling product in its price tier. The Vulcan's design was also recognized by winning the 2019 iF Design Award for its product category.

Turtle Beach is the global leader in gaming headsets and audio accessories, having held over 40% share of the console gaming headset market for the past nine consecutive years. In 2018, Turtle Beach extended its reach beyond the console space, launching a new lineup of Atlas PC headsets that drew high praise from leading PC writers and gamers alike.

I'm not in HEAR but this may be a reason it's down AH.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
The earnings restatement isn't helping.
ProgN
nope
E
AG
I havent lost this much money since MNGA's RS
WestTexAg12
AG
Welp, this sucks.

The stocks and options I go with on this board are always the wrong damn ones
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
ProgN
Quote:

Shares of Turtle Beach Corp. (HEAR) slumped in Thursday's extended session after the maker of gaming headsets announced an acquisition and issued a disappointing outlook for the first quarter. Turtle Beach said it plans to buy Roccat, a computer peripherals company, for $14.8 million in cash, net of a working capital adjustment, $1 million in cash or stock, and up to $3.4 million in earnout payments. Once the deal is finalized in the second quarter, Roccat is expected to add to Turtle Beach's revenue by about $20 million to $24 million. Turtle Beach also reported its fourth-quarter earnings rose to $24.6 million, or $1.33 a share, from $14.2 million, or $1.15 a share, a year earlier. Revenue grew 40% to $111.3 million. Analysts surveyed by FactSet Research had forecast earnings of $1.31 a share on revenue of $110 million. The company projected first-quarter adjusted earnings per share of 5 cents, below Wall Street's average estimate of 7 cents. Turtle Beach shares sank 13% after hours.
Oldmanriver
AH volume on HEAR is huge....should be an interesting CC in 10min...
Aggie_2463
AG
Stock market just isn't for me obviously.
diablo loco
I think HEAR rebounds pretty quickly.
CheladaAg
AG
el diablos y muchas lunas said:

If you are talking about tomorrow, I don't see it touching 17 unless there is enough in the short squeeze tank that was betting on a lower price than where it currently sits.
TombstoneTex
AG

Why? I would anticipate uncertainties around the acquisition and integration to keep the price down for the near future.
ProgN
HYC_AG said:

Why? I would anticipate uncertainties around the acquisition and integration to keep the price down for the near future.
Not to mention, you have to stay out of the same security for 31 days if you sell it for a loss or you lose the ability to write the loss off of your taxes.
oldarmy1
AG
Oh well. HEAR goes nothing. Market makers site had a bead on this one. No run up into earnings and then a big fat nothing.
ProgN
OA, I bought NIO at the close at $6.02, should I trade it or hold?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

OA, I bought NIO at the close at $6.02, should I trade it or hold?

Likely to have flash retest of lows but long term still solid. Get a China deal done and they'll get on their own plant again.
ProgN
Thank you
UpstateAg
AG
If these reach Tesla stock #s in the next give years, it will be the greatest buy of my life. Realistically I'm shooting for mid 20s.
La Bamba
AG
In with Nio. Unfortunately bought a bit early (6.50's) but am willing to be patient with this one.
gougler08
AG
Futures up right now, may look to test that 2820 resistance again today
IrishTxAggie
AG
Anyone want some 3/15 20 HEAR?!
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Puts?
Aggie_2463
AG
Anyone got any input on airline stocks right now?

United Airlines looks to have a big head / shoulders going on on the 1y chart.

American has been on the decline for the past 1y.

This is for long term IRA stock.
IrishTxAggie
AG
gotsand said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Puts?

Noooo.... took a high flier and likely lost. It happens.
Señor Chang
AG
AVEO earnings released

https://investor.aveooncology.com/news-releases/news-release-details/aveo-reports-full-year-2018-financial-results-and-provides

Net loss of .03 per share, analysts were expecting net loss of .06
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I was joking. I'm left holding a few 3/15 $20 calls as well. Came really close to selling at close yesterday. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.... I do hold some very OTM puts expiring today, might be too far out to move.
IrishTxAggie
AG
As someone that pumped these *******s for quite awhile, I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you're still holding, but they don't have enough cash to survive into Q4 for their results w/o an offering
UpstateAg
AG
its a lotto ticket at this point. I sold enough calls on them to not feel as terrible about it
A BO at 500 million gets everyone a little profit. That's why I'm holding.
tramaro1
AG
Who has the next good options trade, I need to make my money back from the last couple disasters I invested in, lol!
First Page Last Page
Page 427 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.