Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,914 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up 11% now
Aggie_2463
AG
La Bamba said:

Up 11% now

I was going to ask yesterday if anyone was jumping on Jd before close but didn't, I missed the boat again.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Up 31% since discussions on here about consolidation and ready for a breakout
confucius_ag
AG
Sell JD on this pop or hold for a while?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Sell a portion and write covered calls on the rest? Position for net free remaining shares?
oldarmy1
AG
confucius_ag said:

I sold 50% of all holdings. I carried the water, pounded the table from $20, showed everyone how to see basing patterns and said $30 would happen.

No more questions on JD. Those who bought just smoked the S&P return and fund managers. Do what you will with it, although I am holding 50% because it will move higher.

Discipline, planned target selling.
La Bamba
AG
I sold at 29.20 and will be ready to move back in on any pullback.
tailgatetimer10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

confucius_ag said:

I sold 50% of all holdings. I carried the water, pounded the table from $20, showed everyone how to see basing patterns and said $30 would happen.

No more questions on JD. Those who bought just smoked the S&P return and fund managers. Do what you will with it, although I am holding 50% because it will move higher.

Discipline, planned target selling.

This should be referred anytime we get a big pop...
oldarmy1
AG
I just bought 50 weekly JD $30 at $11 cents. $450 against selling thousands of shares at $29.77 premarket. Why not in case it takes these late to the party profit takers and spikes again.
AgShaun00
AG
1800 options traded already.
Ragoo
AG
HEAR with a seemingly well defined H&S on the monthly chart. This could be back at $14.
oldarmy1
AG
Markets selling the news on GDP.
oldarmy1
AG
If JD comes under $27 I'm buying half of what I sold back again with many thanks. A 10% retrace most certainly to be seen again. That big volume at $27.25 might have stopped the drop.
deadbq03
AG
Would today be a good day to buy HEAR $15 calls for Mar or Apr?
gigemJTH12
AG
March 1st $30 call? This is my first option buy but I'm going to do it if it's drops under 27 with you
oldarmy1
AG
deadbq03 said:

Would today be a good day to buy HEAR $15 calls for Mar or Apr?
Ragoo correctly identified a bearish head and shoulders on it for short term. Those can break down confirming the pattern for further drop or they can be rejected and broken.

Here is the macro view. The end of the big run was foretold by the head and shoulder that was broken confirming the end of the easy money train. Clear base support around $14 with a flash into $12's when markets were hitting lows.

So options right now are strictly looking to earnings. A lot are anticipating a big run on that announcement so its not surprising that market makers move the stock around to create confusion and frustration. But if those earnings aren't blow out ones this stock will tank, so be risk aware.

oldarmy1
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

March 1st $30 call? This is my first option buy but I'm going to do it if it's drops under 27 with you
Don't do that. If it drops under $27 then wait until you see volume spike and I would buy out to at least the 15th. The bounce trade isn't panning out for weekly with 1 day remaining.

I bought half of my premarket sells back on the $27 loss. I will watch to see if it can run to $28 today and sell a covered call on those shares. If it loses $27 again I'll sale a $27 covered call for $1.00 out to March 15th taking either a dollar gain or a net $26 re-entry hold.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
NFLX hit the rising, lower trendline in place since 1/23.

I'll wait and see which way the broader market responds. Not liking the breadth readings I'm seeing lately.

Also some negative divergence in volume vs price on this rise.
oldarmy1
AG
On JD its quite obvious some big players are using the earnings to sell and that's unsettling for the short term. You can't ignore nearly 40 million shares taking the stock back below its last 4 day highs. I bought $25 Puts on everything out to March 15th for average 27 cents as a backstop while seeing how long this impact on the technical breakout fail works through.
BenRev09
AG
Looking at the HEAR weekly chart going back to Christmas Eve, there's two completed cycles of rising candles to a higher high followed by a higher low. IF green this week, it would be starting the cycle again which seems to line up well with a favorable ER. Is this even a valid "pattern"? I don't see weekly charts discussed much on here, are they less reliable than other time frames?

I understand you can't get the whole story from one chart, but HEAR seems to be a great case study for someone like me as a complete beginner to TA.

TIA to any responses, this thread has been at tremendous resource!
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Weekly charts are fine for longer-term trends and holding periods. For me, HEAR is not such a trade. You may have a longer term outlook.

I try not to use charts of differing time periods to identify buy and sell points. If I buy off a 60 min/daily chart, I usually sell off of the same. There are some exceptions when I'll use certain daily conditions (i.e., uptrend but oversold) to then look for trade triggers on the 60s. I rarely buy on very fast charts as I can't react that quickly -- too easy to get whipsawed.

For now, the HEAR daily chart is still green nearing oversold without a trend in place. It won't take much for my indicators to start turning red, MACD (10,20) is close.
ProgN
SQ turned positive, what do you make of that? And where can you see it going?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Prognightmare said:

Good thing I bought more this morning
Ragoo
AG
Thoughts on SE?
Señor Chang
AG
Oil people - I looked at ALTM (Altus Midstream) today after its big loss. Any thoughts on this for a long term hold? No debt, profitable, projecting to begin distributing dividends in 2021. Apache owns about 73% of the company.
EngrAg14
AG
Any thoughts on Dell?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

I think I'm going to have my planned exit on 30% of shares across all managed accounts called out at $80 netting $83.15 with the $3.15 call.

That is a strong recovery move and should lead to continued trend as markets re-engage.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
OA, any opinion on the ascending triangle on HEAR daily, since Nov. (18 upper line, currently on lower line)?

Height is 5 pts +/-
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

GILD on the move
Hit a high above yesterday and we're not far from $66. You'll see a lot of premium pop between those two points

OA1, did you get out of GILD or are you holding and seeing if it can make a run tomorrow? I should have sold when it hit the high but unfortunately I did not.
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

GILD on the move
Hit a high above yesterday and we're not far from $66. You'll see a lot of premium pop between those two points

OA1, did you get out of GILD or are you holding and seeing if it can make a run tomorrow? I should have sold when it hit the high but unfortunately I did not.
I am playing them out.
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

OA, any opinion on the ascending triangle on HEAR daily, since Nov. (18 upper line, currently on lower line)?

Height is 5 pts +/-
Certainly. That also becomes a go/no-go point if that triangle gets broken.
oldarmy1
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Any thoughts on Dell?
DELL was my 9th stock planted moons ago until it went private. I didn't bother with it when it came back but its done well. After this current trend run I have no idea where it tops out. If I did own it there would have been a planned sell at $55

Even with hits recent rise from the 40's to me these entities are now like "T". AT&T, as mentioned on here several times, is a pure dividend stock and not a growth stock. 20 years of sideways is not a good plan.
oldarmy1
AG
SONO came back to $10.32. Getting close to making a dip flash below $10 for my target buy.

On watch.
gougler08
AG
Short term reversal on ROKU?
gougler08
AG
Futures up 17.5
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.