Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,013,998 Views | 224172 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by McInnis 03
Colt98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So your saying it was a good thing I bought back my CC when it tickled 45 yesterday..
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

So your saying it was a good thing I bought back my CC when it tickled 45 yesterday..
Absolutely. Good job taking care of the range moves!
gougler08
AG
ALGN breaking through that ~250 resistance...let's see if we can run again
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

ALGN breaking through that ~250 resistance...let's see if we can run again
Run baby run!

Looks like we're gonna reach that 2750 on the S&P.
UpstateAg
AG
That seem like a lot to anyone else???

HoustonAg2014
AG
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but did anyone see the AVEO lawsuits going on?
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

That seem like a lot to anyone else???

That's quite a bit.

But these are always reported as buys when it could be naked Put sales.

Looking at the chart I see nothing that would forecast impending drops. A perfectly formed reverse H&S with only the initial V move giving $10 in gain from its lows. I sure wouldn't be buying a Put on it here. However, the naked call premium is a big time gamble if markets shift hard.
gougler08
AG
NFLX flirting with that ~360 resistance line again, would be nice to get through that and see if it can run a bit again
oldarmy1
AG
EBAY
UpstateAg
AG
I've enjoyed the ride. up 40% in my calls for the day.
Señor Chang
AG
I think those are pretty typical any time there is a big drop in stock price.
UpstateAg
AG
The SEC lawsuits from a while ago were talked about a month or two ago. Not sure if there are any new lawsuits out there...
oldarmy1
AG
In the take it for what its worth category - MNGA showing first rejection signs for a potential support bottom. When you see these forming on a regular stock after sinking into the abyss you are buying. If it makes it back to $1 then I say it will have its first up day since my kids were in their 20's.

Colt98
AG
OA1. With FMC getting close to 82, would it be a good time to look at March 15 85's?
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

OA1. With FMC getting close to 82, would it be a good time to look at March 15 85's?
Yes!
CheladaAg
AG
Institutional buying last few days in AVEO. I'd say there is a good base here with increasing accumulation since the news debacle a few weeks ago.
J_Landes89
AG
La Bamba said:

Anybody playing Nio leading up to the CC this Friday? Currently at 7.50 down from about last 8.40 last week.

What does CC mean?
UpstateAg
AG
conference call
gougler08
AG
SUM just fell off a cliff there at the end today
E
AG
gougler08 said:

SUM just fell off a cliff there at the end today

Just stay green baby!

Barely...
ChoppinDs40
AG
OldArmy - is there some sort of specific material you would suggest reading to get on your level?

First time caller, long time listener here. This is something I'd like to start doing more of but I'm traditionally a REIT, index fund, and 401k max kind of guy.
Shiner Bock
AG
thanks OA1 for ebay call recommendation. I probably exited too early, but got in this morning at low and exited this afternoon for a nice, satisfying gain.
oldarmy1
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

OldArmy - is there some sort of specific material you would suggest reading to get on your level?

First time caller, long time listener here. This is something I'd like to start doing more of but I'm traditionally a REIT, index fund, and 401k max kind of guy.
There a bunch of reading suggestions from myself and others throughout the thread, but honestly its years of experience that make the best traders. Best advice is to get in there, limit risk best you can and keep meticulous records of trades.
J_Landes89
AG
Thank you!
J_Landes89
AG
When is nio'sconference call? It's not on their website..
oldarmy1
AG
Shiner Bock said:

thanks OA1 for ebay call recommendation. I probably exited too early, but got in this morning at low and exited this afternoon for a nice, satisfying gain.

Well done. I'm taking the gains at the open as it pushes higher. Should get close to target.
Colt98
AG
So you do t think this times a good spot to write the 50 calls on ROKU. Probably be able to get 4.50+ this morning. I'm guessing with no gov shutdown looming we could maybe see 55 soon??
oldarmy1
AG
Not writing any covered calls yet. Markets breaking upward on continued trend. 2785 area would be first area. Markets look like they are going to test the secondary tops from last year. That would take them above 2800 on the S&P and give most stocks either continued trend or break out runs.
E
AG
With the news from OPEC yesterday and the bullish outlook on oil price, what are some good plays for this quarter?
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

Did you get in?
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR consolidation ended, as discussed.
Colt98
AG
I missed getting filled by .02. Put a lower offer in after the big dip down. Work got in the way. Oh well, next time..
cgh1999
AG
Thoughts on MDR? Looks like they revised guidance due to a legacy CB&I project with significant cost overruns. I have made a bunch of money in MDR over the last few years as the new management team resolved some of the old MDR issues and made the company profitable. They took on a ton of debt to buy CB&I, but IF they can stabilize that company, there is a big upside.

I'm thinking about buying some in the money calls a year or two out.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Shiner Bock said:

Well done. I'm taking the gains at the open as it pushes higher. Should get close to target.
Didn't get to the 90's. Didn't sell. They owe me 90's!
oldarmy1
AG
Buying NFLX weekly $362.50 at $1.66
First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.