Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,023,137 Views | 224208 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Chef Elko
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
So in days like the previous three where we have <10% of typical volume, do you consider those a total throwaway days?
Mostly. Certainly not analytics usable in any model. That doesn't mean that we should be ignorant/ignore the fact that the last 4 days have closed lower than the open. Obvious resistance selling but on no volume. Could it end up being a cliff? Sure. It could just as easily be that down day just below recent channel to scare off longs before busting to new highs on volume. It also could be continuation of the sideways market action posted early last week. We have a very easily identified upper resistance channel just above 18600. We have a decent read on the bottom channel mark of 18250. We're slightly below the mid-line on today's close.

claym711
AG
Big ole wick off the 1H LOD today, with a huge MFI pop at the close. Pretty swift rejection of attempt to move back into the lower trading range. Bulls aren't done with this.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Big ole wick off the 1H LOD today, with a huge MFI pop at the close. Pretty swift rejection of attempt to move back into the lower trading range. Bulls aren't done with this.
Or the mother of all hook closes. AMIRITE
claym711
AG
They can pull me on deck and gut me with that one.
oldarmy1
oldarmy1
AG
Or we could just continue to drift sideways waiting for the Fed.
claym711
AG
GDP and Fed tomorrow. What a snoozer of an open...5 point range
pfo
AG
I told the board earlier I bought gold and silver miners this year. I started selling two weeks ago when the lowest quality miner started showing weakness. I sold the last bit of them Monday.

My cash position is at an all time high because my fear currently exceeds my greed. I did buy a position in Intrexon (XON) which makes genetically modified organisms including sterile male mosquitos to kill Zika mosquitos. The company has other products (a salmon and soon to be released Arctic Apple) and earnings and I believe a very bright and exciting future. But it's only for the brave as the stock can be very volitile.
Aggie Oilman
There have been some huge buys in BAC calls this week. Does anyone else interpret that as the Fed nodding towards raising rates this year?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
I told the board earlier I bought gold and silver miners this year. I started selling two weeks ago when the lowest quality miner started showing weakness. I sold the last bit of them Monday.

My cash position is at an all time high because my fear currently exceeds my greed. I did buy a position in Intrexon (XON) which makes genetically modified organisms including sterile male mosquitos to kill Zika mosquitos. The company has other products (a salmon and soon to be released Arctic Apple) and earnings and I believe a very bright and exciting future. But it's only for the brave as the stock can be very volitile.
Well at least it's right in the smack dab middle of that volatile range. What are we supposed to do with that?

I've been reading about them and need some questions answered before moving forward.

That was one big head and shoulder bear chart that was an easy Put trade back when posting those. So question becomes is the stock basing support or not.

Bassmaster
AG
I think they raise in September. That is based on nothing more than reading a few stories and a gut feeling.
Comanche_Ag
AG
Intelsat (I) is showing some strength today...up over 8%.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Intelsat (I) is showing some strength today...up over 8%.
Dog stock!
oldarmy1
AG
p.s. Since low volume I sold all buys under $2.35. Full disclosure

Clarification - All purchases under $2.35 were sold today between $3.10 and $3.14. Average of all sales $3.12
pfo
AG
Thanks oldarmy1 for the chart and your thought. Intrexon is Bill Miller's second largest position and he gave his reasons why on Wall Street Week Friday. Since he is the only investor to ever beat the S&P 500 15 straight years he has my attention and respect. I felt some since of urgency to buy some now since they have a solution to Zika that has had so many successful field trials and I think Zika is a real threat that must be stopped. I also imagine their newest approval and product of the Arctic Apple (to go with their genetically modified salmon) might boost earnings as well. Your chart suggests the stock should return to 20 and if it does I will probably buy more.

Intrexon seems to me to be a company that could do for genetics to organisms what Monsanto and Syngenta did for seeds. It seems to me to have huge potential to help feed a growing world population and protect it from some diseases like Zika. The fact the field is so controversial makes the stock reasonable. But what would you do if you wanted to stop Zika? Malathion apparently isn't getting the job done. DDT is hated by environmentalists. So maybe their sterile mosquitos will be selected.

And finally the last time Bill Miller was so positive on a company it was Amazon. And I didn't buy any! Ugh!

Intrexon is a risky and volitile stock. So WARNING

claym711
AG
Hook me one me ocne, shame on me.....hook me and you can't get hooked again. Come on Janet, you sweet sweet Dove, do it for Harambe.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
Hook me one me ocne, shame on me.....hook me and you can't get hooked again. Come on Janet, you sweet sweet Dove, do it for Harambe.
Day drinking
oldarmy1
AG
TCK on a breakout move.
oldarmy1
AG
MS short squeeze continues. A long green candle today would be a Put entry opportunity out to Sept 2
oldarmy1
AG
CIE poster.....it traded just below recent support. Still has that big gap staring you in the eyes but if it takes off toward upper range breaking $1.37 then another move higher likely. If it fails to come back above the last weeks low support then a gap (or partial gap fill since it's a stock under $5) is likely.

DOW losing it's 80 point opening pop down to +16 before busting back higher. Actually capitulation?
Comanche_Ag
AG
That was a very quick reversal.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Yeah....watching closely on the capitulation....
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Do you know what this means?!! IT MEANS the markets are getting close to a bigger move finally. Now which way?
AggietiliDIE
AG
quote:
TCK on a breakout move.
how long are you thinking of holding this?
Comanche_Ag
AG
Could you explain the reasoning behind thinking a move is now imminent?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
quote:
TCK on a breakout move.
how long are you thinking of holding this?
Options to $17.50
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
the volume on capitulation was a dead giveaway. confirmation with bear etf's bottom dropping out. TVIX dropped over $1 in a flash.
3rd and 2
AG
Ok oldarmy1! I bought some calls on TCK.

What do you think about PAAS? I bought some stock the other day but it plummeted. Is this a long term hold?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:

What do you think about PAAS? I bought some stock the other day but it plummeted. Is this a long term hold?
haha.....All I pictured was the movie Wall Street "Okkkk Buddy!"

PAAS...look at that volume triple day move....looks like a move higher with market.
Comanche_Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
the volume on capitulation was a dead giveaway. confirmation with bear etf's bottom dropping out. TVIX dropped over $1 in a flash.
Appreciate the response...learning every day. I'm glad to see some movement.
oldarmy1
AG
MO alerts going off. Another option trade $67.50 out a week.
claym711
AG
Thanks for the free money Yellen.

That's what I was getting at yesterday

The Wednesday Thursday closes signaled some big bets.
claym711
AG
Straight down. Finally some more price exploration.
Joseph Parrish
AG
quote:
Straight down. Finally some more price exploration.
Keep going!
pfo
AG
quote:

I sold my PAAS last week. The stock has had a heck of a run. But any hint of a coming rate hike is death to the gold and silver miners.

As you probably know, PAAS has an extrodinarily rich and new silver mine in Argintina they abandoned when Kirchner came to power. Now that she is out they will restart the project and it will double their silver production. I will buy PAAS back if the economy tanks, PAAS tanks with it, and the Fed stops threatening to raise interest rates and instead restarts QE talk. If Hillary wins and increases taxes and regulation like she has campaigned on I bet she kills Obama's life support "recovery". At that point PAAS should be dirt cheap. Oldarmy1 should be able to help us with the best technical entry price.
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.