Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,064,463 Views | 224406 Replies | Last: 11 sec ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK V is on a tear... I sold my weekly calls for almost a triple and the Feb 15th are now rocking!
oldarmy1
AG
NIO over $8
0708aggie
AG
OA, thanks for the BAC call recommendation. Looking good today.
Shiner Bock
AG
GO V GO!
WestTexAg12
AG
Shiner Bock said:

GO V GO!

I didn't average down yesterday.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
FMC BOOM! THANK YOU FARMERS!!!

Didn't even see my $85 sales filled.
oldarmy1
AG
MNGA price equivalent to 17.35 cents here
clobby
AG
V call sold
E
AG
I think MNGA might go down even further, analysts were predicting this stock to get to $1 by end of year. That's one way to get it...
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

I think MNGA might go down even further, analysts were predicting this stock to get to $1 by end of year. That's one way to get it...
I'm willing to wager MNGA is above $6 by this time next year.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

E said:

Apparently everything was very positive from the investor town hall conference call yesterday. Only drawback was the announcement of the RS And the fact it would be today.

Right. When I posted the scheduled call I noted that it might include the RS, but we knew that was coming. See how the quick turnaround on the action is treated. We would expect some downside early on as some surprised traders jump ship.

It's flash down lows at 17 cents would equate to a $3.40 price. If it hit the lowest short term flash that would be 14 cents or $2.80. See if it traded between those two in the next few days.
Did it trade between $2.80 and $3.40?
GasAg90
My newly acquired shares say yes.

Mostly a lurker and learner. Thanks for all the insight and tips!
khkman22
AG
Closed out my SUM puts. I thought originally earnings were two days before expiration, but a couple days ago I noticed it's nine. I was hoping for more time decay before going into earnings. That, along with the fact it's not very liquid, I decided to just take my 70% return and not chance it being in the money at expiration.
WestTexAg12
AG
clobby said:

V call sold

Me too. Sold .15 too early i think. Profit is profit though.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
oldarmy1
AG
Come on MSFT. Daddy needs a new pair of headphones
E
AG
I'm banking on it getting to $6 as well. I only sold half my shares yesterday, at a small loss. Kept half as a gamble. Looks like I'm gonna jump back in and re-buy at a lower dollar amount and average down... so net gain? As long as it increases over the year.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
jayelbee said:

oldarmy1 said:

OK V is on a tear... I sold my weekly calls for almost a triple and the Feb 15th are now rocking!

Time decay can be very frustrating... I had an open sell order for half at 2x that just missed selling on wednesday at close. The Feb 15 ended up at $2.08 or so on a $137.62 share price. A day and an hour later, $1.77 on $139.30 share price.
Time decay is largest factor. But into an earnings premiums become inflated either direction and then then air lets out so you have two things impacting values.

S&P hit a new high and moving upward.
oldarmy1
AG
BAC moving
oldarmy1
AG
Can we get to that 2750???
Shiner Bock
AG
Out V. What a wild 2 day ride that was
E
AG
Almost up 10% on SUM in just over a week, thank you OA!
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

BAC moving
0708aggie
AG
Anyone like PSX here? Earnings on 2/8.

Is that a bullish head and shoulders on the 3 month?

Colt98
AG
Got out of my V calls. I've got some shares of ROKU and MU that I do t have CC wrote against. Was thinking now would be a good time to write the feb 45 on ROKU and the feb 39.50 on MU. My coat bases in ROKU is 30 and MU is 33. What do you guys think here?
agdoc84
0708aggie said:

Anyone like PSX here? Earnings on 2/8.

Is that a bullish head and shoulders on the 3 month?

PSX at 78 was my purchase target. That is where Buffett used to hammer PSX and look at that V bottom. I'm still learning the charting but I like PSX between 90 and 95. Not sure why it sold off from 96-97 range but I've been saying if it holds 95 then it will break out again to low 100's.

It's a momentum stock that usually moves a week or two into earnings in the direction it ends up settling in and it has moved up the last week. If I had the buying power I would buy calls at 97.5 today expiring next Friday.
oldarmy1
AG
V calls $140 well ahead of Feb 15 = Take the premium pop and head for the hills!!!
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

OA, thanks for the BAC call recommendation. Looking good today.
Excellent! We need markets to push upward or BAC might get range bound. If in a capital build position approach it conservatively
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Almost up 10% on SUM in just over a week, thank you OA!
That's SUM pig
Colt98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

V calls $140 well ahead of Feb 15 = Take the premium pop and head for the hills!!!

So, I'm still learning your style of posting here... When you post this, does this mean you are buying here or that you have sold you position? Oh, and thanks again for all your post. It has been very educational.
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

oldarmy1 said:

So, I'm still learning your style of posting here... When you post this, does this mean you are buying here or that you have sold you position? Oh, and thanks again for all your post. It has been very educational.

It means we sold! V Feb 15 calls entry was posted earlier.
Ragoo
AG
Colt98 said:

oldarmy1 said:

believe he bought calls and is selling them on the spike while there is still a lot of theta in the premium.
oldarmy1
AG
CSX still bouncing within its handle range. Cup and handle solid with a flag pattern last 10 days narrowing ranges last 3 days. Somethings got to give soon. If it fails (not talking about a quick lower low like we know the markets love to do before a big breakout) instead of breaks out then I think we see a downtrend wave in the markets. CSX is undervalued in a rising market.

oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Colt98 said:

oldarmy1 said:

believe he bought calls and is selling them on the spike while there is still a lot of theta in the premium.
This

Thx Ragoo
Colt98
AG
After posting that I went back and looked and thought that is what you meant. Your teaching is working OA... I sold my V's before your post when it hit 140. Nice little pop to go into the weekend! I wish I would have paid attention to this thread a few years ago.
First Page Last Page
Page 377 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.