Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,529 Views | 224265 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by ProgN
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

S&P looks like same final hour pattern as yesterday. Good dip and then recovery. See if it holds above 2700. Also we've had two surprise Friday rally days in a row. Surely the computers won't go for three?

Got your wish. Above 2700
jmcfar_98
AG
Amzn smashes expectations. Already up AH

Sales up 20%. $72.4 B
EPS $6.04.

But Q1 Forecast misses estimates.

Edit: that was short lived
ProgN
AMZN just went negative AH.
jmcfar_98
AG
Always about the future not the present.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

3 red down then a green on big volume?
This is a daily not minute chart. So yes the green big volume plays a role after the big red down days but what else?
green volume bounce off of the 200 dma?
E
AG
Price went down after a higher volume day?
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

3 red down then a green on big volume?
This is a daily not minute chart. So yes the green big volume plays a role after the big red down days but what else?
green volume bounce off of the 200 dma?
Ding ding ding....AND the kicker is???....focus on the 3 day pattern.

Ha! All this and if the markets retract it won't pan out - but its why you love the trade.
oldarmy1
AG
MSFT and the 3 day bottom triangle has always produced an up day on day 4. Now here's the issue with this one - the 3 day triangle top is also very telling on MSFT and we have BOTH today. RARE. My hope is that it means a range day somewhere between the two and we at least break above $105 so the options pay out a 100%+ quick profit.

WestTexAg12
AG
Got my first win in a while. Feels good after the day I had today.

Bought V $135 2/1 at the reversal and sold for a 98% ROI.

I hope I'm kicking myself tomorrow wishing I would have held on, cause that would mean my 2/15 $140 calls will be gaining. Those killed me today.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
WestTexAg12
AG
Just looked at CSX. Big green candle at the end of the day.

Still holding onto that 2/15 call also
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Ragoo
AG
Watch bbby
leoj
AG
HRL jumping 5% ah?
ProgN
AMZN is getting killed AH.
Agsrback12
Is AMZN bringing everything with it tomorrow?
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

AMZN is getting killed AH.
yikes
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
Only down 35. That's not a blip yet.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/01/economy-china-reports-caixin-markit-manufacturing-pmi-for-january.html
Quote:

A private survey on China's manufacturing sector showed on Friday that factory activity contracted in January confirming views that the world's second-largest economy started the new year on soft footing.

The Caixin/Markit Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) came in at 48.3 in January, compared to 49.7 in December. Analysts polled by Reuters had expected the Caixin PMI to be 49.5 last month.

A reading above 50 indicates expansion, while a reading below that level signals contraction.

The PMI is a survey of businesses about the operating environment. Such data offer a first glimpse into what's happening in an economy, as they are usually among the first major economic indicators released each month. Investors have been closely watching economic indicators from the world's second-largest economy for signs of trouble amid domestic headwinds and the ongoing U.S.-China trade dispute.

The Caixin/Markit measure followed the Thursday release of China's official manufacturing PMI by the National Bureau of Statistics. The official data came in at 49.5 higher than 49.3 expected by analysts in a Reuters poll and the 49.4 reported in the previous month.
oldarmy1
AG
Did I short BABA at the right time?
ProgN
Looks like it at the open. China is really hurting now. I expect a trade deal with China by April or sooner though. They can't wait out Trump and the 2020 election. They will have to deal.
tailgatetimer10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Only down 35. That's not a blip yet.

Agreed, this isn't that bad at all
oldarmy1
AG
bwynne13 said:

Stop speculating and gambling with your money. No one can predict the market, quit trying.

This still cracks me up. Astrologers?!

Here's your sign...
Shiner Bock
AG
304,000 jobs created vs ~165,000 estimate
oldarmy1
AG
Shiner Bock said:

304,000 jobs created vs ~165,000 estimate

Will be interesting to see next reading post Holidays, but regardless that is a big number. Futures jumped 5+ points.
IrishTxAggie
AG
RS went through for MNGA. Either someone gifted me some shares or they changed it to 20:1
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

RS went through for MNGA. Either someone gifted me some shares or they changed it to 20:1

20:1. Float shrinks which I like.

All the options trades look to be winners early. On the weekly expirations be smart.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Is it a buy now, or wait?
E
AG
Apparently everything was very positive from the investor town hall conference call yesterday. Only drawback was the announcement of the RS And the fact it would be today.
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Apparently everything was very positive from the investor town hall conference call yesterday. Only drawback was the announcement of the RS And the fact it would be today.

Right. When I posted the scheduled call I noted that it might include the RS, but we knew that was coming. See how the quick turnaround on the action is treated. We would expect some downside early on as some surprised traders jump ship.

It's flash down lows at 17 cents would equate to a $3.40 price. If it hit the lowest short term flash that would be 14 cents or $2.80. See if it traded between those two in the next few days.
E
AG
Awesome, I'll look for this plan

It just stinks cause this this was zooming towards then BAM! RS...
Señor Chang
AG
My MNGA shares have disappeared from Robinhood. I hope they'll get that fixed soon. Currently seeing $3.59 premarket.
Harkrider 93
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

except when it's about the present and not the future!
oldarmy1
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

I read this yesterday...
IrishTxAggie
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Harkrider 93
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Harkrider 93 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

I read this yesterday...
I understand what you traders mean when you say this but it still cracks me up -

"it is a trend until it isn't"
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.