Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,093,292 Views | 224502 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by HoustonAg2014
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
did some "digging" on potential gold plays only miner I really know is Kirkland (KL) and they are through the roof right now at 30...check out Franco-Nevada FNV. Not a miner, but rather they collect royalties from financing a mine's up front cost and they are also into oil and gas. Love the daily and weekly charts on this one. Daily seeing expanded volume Friday and today
ProgN
Raymond James downgraded SQ to market underperform from market peform. FYI for the board,
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/29/pge-owner-of-biggest-us-power-utility-files-for-bankruptcy.html
Quote:

Power provider PG&E filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, succumbing to liabilities stemming from wildfires in Northern California in 2017 and 2018.

Shares of PG&E were down more than 8 percent in premarket trade.

The owner of the biggest U.S. power utility has filed a motion seeking court approval for a $5.5 billion debtor-in-possession financing, it said in a statement.

PG&E listed assets of $71.39 billion and liabilities of $51.69 billion, in a court document filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California.

"Throughout this process, we are fully committed to enhancing our wildfire safety efforts, as well as helping restoration and rebuilding efforts across the communities impacted by the devastating Northern California wildfires," PG&E interim Chief Executive Officer John Simon said.

The company said it intends to pay suppliers in full under normal terms for goods and services provided on or after the date of the Chapter 11 filing.

Separately, PG&E shareholder BlueMountain Capital Management said it was "deeply disappointed" that the company's board ignored calls from multiple parties to abandon its "reckless and irresponsible plan to file for bankruptcy."
tailgatetimer10
AG
TSMC rumored to scrap 10k 12/16nm wafers.

This primarily effects NVDA
oldarmy1
AG
Gold stocks moving up.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Gold stocks moving up.
What do you think of JNUG for a trade?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

Gold stocks moving up.
What do you think of JNUG for a trade?
Took JNUG as ETF accumulation but also that list I gave last quarter for accumulation at lows.
Señor Chang
AG
Harley Davidson is down big due to missed earnings.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Harley is not doing so hot. I could see them sinking further and further over the coming years. They'll be a victim of millennials and Gen Z
oldarmy1
AG
Which way does JD go? Non-directional day yesterday. Resistance held but attempt to push it lower failed too. Approaching the somethings gotta give point.

I like to watch weekly charts for underlying trend. Take a look at JD and it gives a much clearer view of whats been going on. $21.50 was continuation of the cup forming. So anything below $22 becomes the new buy/cover covered calls, etc

ProgN
OA, ROKU broke 44. Will it fill the gap? If so, where is the exit point?
tamu2009
AG
missed the boat on MNGA this time. Had a order to buy at .18 and it never got back down there, thought about buying at 19.5 and didn't pull the trigger and now it's pushing .25
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Retest that $45 for a new breakout? If it can't then it will likely come back under $40.
oldarmy1
AG
tamu2009 said:

missed the boat on MNGA this time. Had a order to buy at .18 and it never got back down there, thought about buying at 19.5 and didn't pull the trigger and now it's pushing .25
I didn't get more trading buys this last time either and I was sitting right with you at 18 cents. We likely created the lack of range. My orders are hidden but market makers can still see them.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

Retest that $45 for a new breakout? If it can't then it will likely come back under $40.
Thar she blows.
Aggie_2463
AG
Just came across this, and I think I am going to start getting back into playing the market. Lots of good info in here. Anyone got any tips on some penny stocks they are looking at?
oldarmy1
AG
JD March 15 $25 calls. I pointed out 3k+ options bought last week. Look at just as it hit today's lows again. Those bars are in thousands of options. And they are not covered calls because those would be at the other end of the scale at that volume.

ProgN
Aggie_2463 said:

Just came across this, and I think I am going to start getting back into playing the market. Lots of good info in here. Anyone got any tips on some penny stocks they are looking at?
Welcome aboard. Other than the "Snake thread" this is probably the most education and free sharing of ideas on TAs.
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Welcome aboard. Other than the "Snake thread" this is probably the most education and free sharing of ideas on TAs.
Thanks. I can't promise I'll offer much input, but I'll try. Old Army seems to have that covered anyways. He knows his stuff.
oldarmy1
AG
It's going to take a 50m+ share day for JD to breakout. Monitor volumes and see tracking intraday for pre-launch indicators. Also watch call option volume across $25-28 out 4-10 weeks
ProgN
OK, Swami, where's the move on ROKU now?
IrishTxAggie
AG
tamu2009 said:

Watch MNGA today. It will offer another opening, but not at .18 or .195. There's a bit of profit taking going right now. Take a look at the Level II.
Colt98
AG
So on ROKU. I want to write cc on my shares. Now that it broke 45 do I wait to do this thinking it will try and test 50? Or pull he trigger on the 45 today
sellthefarm
AG
I bought some DDD and SSYS last year...time to cash out? I'm up 40% and 20%, but both are still way below 5 year highs.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

OK, Swami, where's the move on ROKU now?
Swami.ha!

Well that $58 next resistance top seems a stretch IMO so $50 flash would be my next Put placement.

Consumer confidence dipped and markets moved higher. Continuation of climbing the wall of worry for now but watch for crossover.
12thDude
AG
Thanks for the JD update!
oldarmy1
AG
sellthefarm said:

I bought some DDD and SSYS last year...time to cash out? I'm up 40% and 20%, but both are still way below 5 year highs.
Either buy some cheap Puts that lock in 35 and 15% gains if you see more upside. Decent hedge for gain protection while looking for even more.
E
AG
tamu2009 said:

Looks like it just dipped to .22/.23, good chance to buy??
ProgN
Thanks OA,

I sold my Feb 15 calls 45 strike for a 60% profit in 2 weeks. I kept my Feb 15 calls 50 strike in case it breaks out further. Just wanted to book the profit, cash is always good.
Ragoo
AG
Pump and dump
oldarmy1
AG
NIO approached $7 before market intraday topped. See if regains traction and continues. Bi option call trade at $7 for Feb 15's
ProgN

For anyone else interested Cheddarflow.com is launching a mobil app for following options money. I added my name to the wait list at cheddarflow.com
IrishTxAggie
AG
So did I
ProgN
Knew you would bud.
ProgN
SQ looks sick
First Page Last Page
Page 367 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.