Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,250 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by jagvocate
Monywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You have plenty of company.
Ranger222
AG
maybe now we can stop hearing about a "santa rally"
oldarmy1
AG
Monywolf said:

oldarmy1 said:

All stocks will look about the same. NFLX That double red/green bottom on NFLX usually means its close if not reached its major support.

Oldarmy - how many reversal bars are required before you enter a trade based on the red/green bottom?
All the red bars have to be increasing in volume minute over minute and the largest volume bar has to be 5 times the days average minute volume. It never happened on the above, although day traders would have been taking positions and scalping the quick reversal runs.

oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

That was 1.1mm futures contracts that sold at open with 50% retrace. Huge volume, but basically what would have happened in session today, happened in 12 minutes.

CME intervened on that drop as well, with 10 second halts wherein they did not accept market orders. Had to manipulate the market. That drop could have been much worse. Bear market is here, I believe.
That was a bear challenge right there. I am looking through the data points and then aftermath. If this is a bear market we won't bounce on that tomorrow. If its still up in the air we'll bottom and rubberband as a retest support line.
leoj
AG
Huawei cfo, who is the daughter of the founder,arrested in Canada and being extradited to US. Talk about ratcheting up the trade war.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

All stocks will look about the same. NFLX That double red/green bottom on NFLX usually means its close if not reached its major support.

That's not just Netflix.
Rice and Fries
leoj said:

Huawei cfo, who is the daughter of the founder,arrested in Canada and being extradited to US. Talk about ratcheting up the trade war.

This happened on Saturday the 1st. Which was before trump met with xi. Don't think it'll be as big of a deal given the Chinese have already stated the hope to work out tariffs after her arrest.
oldarmy1
AG
Christmas came early again. NFLX $267, MOMO $27.78 (average), BAC $26.32, SQ $61

MOMO missed by 1 cent but beat on revenue with earnings call seeing continued growth, so no idea what sellers this deep are thinking.

Already sold 25% of NFLX for +3.25 to protect bottom until options trade...just in case.
aggiepaintrain
AG
looks like another buying opportunity today

futures down big
oldarmy1
AG
Sitting at $20.15 on JD and it was headed my way early but volume jumped it higher.

Only looking to rebuy AMZN trade sold if it can get $1550. Low was $1608.
FriscoKid
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

futures down big

At some point
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

aggiepaintrain said:

futures down big

At some point

If we lose trend lows then agree. I love buying 2nd day ugly futures premarket because we nearly always get a move up into open, even if its going lower. So I can sell up to all of a trade if move is big enough or buy cheap weekly Puts back close to entry price as a hedge. 8:30 cant get here soon enough.
oldarmy1
AG
There we go off -41 up to -35.50.

Watch for bid chasers and when slows I sell 50% and then untouchable into open. Weeeee
JP76

oldarmy1 said:

I'd say the gap filled.

Just sold SPY Puts naked 270 Decembers

Are these weekly or monthly expiration ?

Are you going to sell more 270's to lower your basis from the ones sold at 273.5 underlying from Tuesday ?

If we flush are your plans to exercise or cover them for a loss ?

Should be a decent trade as long as we react from the 265/66 rising trendline
oldarmy1
AG
Had NFLX at $272 sell and didn't get it. Will wait for that or count on initial sells done to carry me into open for hedge.
oldarmy1
AG
JP76 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I'd say the gap filled.

Just sold SPY Puts naked 270 Decembers

Are these weekly or monthly expiration ?

Are you going to sell more 270's to lower your basis from the ones sold at 273.5 underlying from Tuesday ?

If we flush are your plans to exercise or cover them for a loss ?

Should be a decent trade as long as we react from the 265/66 rising trendline

I'll roll them at the open down to $1 below opening price and own them if those fill.
oldarmy1
AG
BTW - if we do lose trend lows, and bears prevail, all those gaps mentioned like NFLX $220's would be in play.
oldarmy1
AG
It's a sign!!!

leoj
AG
Ha, man that would suck
oldarmy1
AG
Filled NFLX so not gonna hedge with Put
oldarmy1
AG
Theres your 50% profit take
62strat
AG
Man.. rough 2 days. My fidelity dropped 4.5% Tuesday and opened today another 2.5% down.
oldarmy1
AG
Deere (DE) found a support level bounce off $146.50 area. Missed that $6 move looking at gap to fill down at $143.33
gougler08
AG
The one SKU I need to go lower (AMD) is actually doing well, just can't win
Señor Chang
AG
SN is down yugely
oldarmy1
AG
I think about the only thing the Congress will agree to is some sort of infrastructure bill. I want to add to CAT, DE, CX. SUM already traded into a nice position or I would be buying here.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Figures... AVEO is freaking green currently while most everything else is taking a *****
oldarmy1
AG
Bought a wad of MOMO $26.30 and sold a weekly $27 at .55 on half.

Sorry edit
oldarmy1
AG
Go NFLX!!!
oldarmy1
AG
NIO going green.
IrishTxAggie
AG
MNGA giving another buying opportunity
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Go NFLX!!!
And SQ and ROKU
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

aggiepaintrain said:

futures down big

At some point

If we lose trend lows then agree. I love buying 2nd day ugly futures premarket because we nearly always get a move up into open, even if its going lower. So I can sell up to all of a trade if move is big enough or buy cheap weekly Puts back close to entry price as a hedge. 8:30 cant get here soon enough.

I fully expected that too, but it's just been sitting on the support. Not very confident in a rally today. OPEC could tank it fast.
sts7049
AG
64%
leoj
AG
BAC and CHK at 52 week lows.

OA along the lines of summit, what about Vulcan? That dip to $84 would have been nice.
First Page Last Page
Page 314 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.