Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,080,144 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

/ES is fired up about something.

BTW: If you follow me on twitter, sorry for spamming but I'm fired up. This RH BS has me fired the F up and I don't even use the damn thing.
What's your @?
Willie Lane
Lots of Astronauts!
Engine10
AG
et tu IBKR??
ag94whoop
AG
is BFT a buy now? sure looks like it has 30-35% headroom if it pivots
gougler08
AG
Well ****, didn't get my NAKD filled in pre-market and the bottom sure fell out there
deadbq03
AG
Honestly - after the IBKR tweet, I can understand why these brokers would want to shut things down - and it doesn't have anything to do with having positions themselves or colluding with those who do.

If these folks are using margin to buy these stocks up, there's a very high risk of default.

Not necessarily saying it's the right approach, but I think it's a plausible business explanation for the pressure brokers have in this. Especially for RH who probably has a disproportionately higher percentage of folks playing this game right now.
AgEE10
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

/ES is fired up about something.

BTW: If you follow me on twitter, sorry for spamming but I'm fired up. This RH BS has me fired the F up and I don't even use the damn thing.
If RH restricts what stocks can be bought but not sold, what happens to all those that bought at the top yesterday and the RH'ers can't keep driving the price up?

Asking for a friend.
They are switching to a new rocket ship (webull) to rescue the stranded astronauts next week

Just hope the rocket doesn't hit a bird on the way up and fail too.
Scientific
AG
I thought yesterday was a insane. The last hour, social media has been on a tear against these platforms.
TexasAg2017
AG
What market data are yall subscribing to on IBKR? My money finally deposited so I'm finishing my set up now.
trip98
AG
Buy target? Net free target? Please?
Decay
AG
But this isn't margin. People are being restricted from putting in $50 and buying stock. That's BS.
mavsfan4ever
AG
deadbq03 said:

Honestly - after the IBKR tweet, I can understand why these brokers would want to shut things down - and it doesn't have anything to do with having positions themselves or colluding with those who do.

If these folks are using margin to buy these stocks up, there's a very high risk of default.

Not necessarily saying it's the right approach, but I think it's a plausible business explanation for the pressure brokers have in this. Especially for RH who probably has a disproportionately higher percentage of folks playing this game right now.
not allowing margin is one thing. Not allowing anyone to buy (like Robinhood) is completely different.
McInnis 03
AG
Ag13 said:

Brokers not even trying to hide what they are doing.

I am so spicy today
FTAG 2000
AG
deadbq03 said:

But they aren't restricting margin trades, they're restricting cash buys too.
BrokeAssAggie
Does Cullen follow our thread?

oldarmy1
AG
When it presses $18 whatever the option price is sell into it
Ornithopter
AG
Forced liquidation by the SEC is what's coming.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Ag13 said:

Brokers not even trying to hide what they are doing.

I am so spicy today
I love it when you talk dirty.
deadbq03
AG
Good points gents.

Also it dawned on me after I posted that if they were just concerned about margin - allowing only sells will drive the price down and therefore increase the margin risk.
2percent
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Looking to buy $BFT Feb 19 $17.50 calls at the open.
Back to Business. Keeping focused on what we do. Model T

Thanks OA.
Ag13
AG
In case anyone hasn't connected the dots yet.

Bocephus
AG
Jumped 80 points at open. I think they paused trading again
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Guitarsoup
AG
Dogecoin going to carry my water today
ProgN
deadbq03 said:

Good points gents.

Also it dawned on me after I posted that if they were just concerned about margin - allowing only sells will drive the price down and therefore increase the margin risk.
A LOT of small traders were just trapped and most of them will be wiped out.
chaca5151
So since I have shares in BB, AMC, do I sell since they are shutting everything down?
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
HelloUncleNateFitch
Can't buy SLV on schwab - keeps crashing....
Ag13
AG
Chase brokerage not working
jakal0722
Waking up to that DOGE increase was quite the surprise this morning.
Ornithopter
AG
Prognightmare said:

deadbq03 said:

Good points gents.

A LOT of small traders were just trapped and most of them will be wiped out.

And when they sell, those shares will be routed to Melvin Capital via Citadel
FJ43
Ags2013 said:

FJ, what is your strategy with SNDL now? I know we both have it and were both considering dumping if it went down further.
SNDL? It is at $1 and running a bit. Up 64% from yesterday. I sold covered calls yesterday at $1 & $1.50 strikes on it. You?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

HelloUncleNateFitch
chaca5151 said:

So since I have shares in BB, AMC, do I sell since they are shutting everything down?
I'm holding. (but I'm also net free)
docaggie
AG
That's not how this works. You're supposed to be spicy in a recorded video that you upload.

You continue to fail at the "cute girl ranting to get follows" technique.

Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
confucius_ag
AG
Schwab down again this morning.
YNWA_AG
AG
Slv option premiums went through the roof
McInnis 03
AG
docaggie said:

That's not how this works. You're supposed to be spicy in a recorded video that you upload.

You continue to fail at the "cute girl ranting to get follows" technique.

McInnis failing?

BULLISH.
First Page Last Page
Page 2964 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.