Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,149 Views | 224592 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by MAS444
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Broke through the 43.50
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Which thread?
GameDay thread. I'm going to bump it everyday until Sam answers.
ProgN
Joseph Parrish
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Seor Chang said:

SN is down big today, almost 20%.
They're headed for Chapter 11.

Don't see how that's possible at these oil prices. I think something else is happening here. They made it through $27/bbl just fine. They were hedged then, but prices today are significantly higher than any hedge prices they got back then. Unless their properties just suddenly went to *****..but that usually doesn't just happen overnight either.
Señor Chang
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Seor Chang said:

SN is down big today, almost 20%.
They're headed for Chapter 11.

Why do you say that? Because of their new CFO?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Nice little read.

Sanchez Energy Registers Yet Another Quarterly Loss, On The Road To Zero $SN

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4219080
IrishTxAggie
AG
JP Morgan slashed their projection to $6 on GE. GE touched their 52wk low.
La Bamba
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NIO would be rocking if markets had any stability. Look at it

NIO, JNJ and NVDA only green on my watchlist. Impressive it's been holding 6.60+ for quite some time. Let's see when if it can breakout when we get some market momentum
59 South
AG
Love that DBX closed the gap.
B$Weigem
AG
What's the outlook on ROKU? What should we be anticipating during and at the end of holiday season?
oldarmy1
AG
Lot of v bottom attempts.
ProgN
SQ making a move
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Nice little read.

Sanchez Energy Registers Yet Another Quarterly Loss, On The Road To Zero $SN

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4219080
before my dad retired he worked outside sales for a very prominent houston based valve/instrument/controls distributor. Sanchez was nortorious for calling him out to fix things and set instrument set points because their people were completely incapable. Ch11 seems to have been the end game from the start.
Joseph Parrish
AG
My buddy was the COO of SN, and they did some really smart things during the downturn. He recently left to become CEO of another company a few months back, so I don't have the same confidence in SN. I worked with him for years, and he is one of the smartest and most competent people I know in the industry...but he isn't there anymore. I never got any inside info from him (he's smarter than to risk that), but my original confidence in SN came from knowing what he can do.
gougler08
AG
Went ahead and bought some more ROKU calls at 43 and change to bring my cost basis down...now just need a solid week in the tech sector for it to come through
a07nathanb
AG
Long time lurker, first time poster. So is the consensus bail out of SN? I have a relatively small position I've rode down already.
oldarmy1
AG
I'm all in on ROKU. Went shares average price entered $43.61. I am looking for a move towards $45 where I will sell $45 covered calls as close to $2 as possible out to next week on 50% of the shares. That's $3.61 profit on those shares or a buffer just in case this selling extends and we get the gap fill.
khkman22
AG
You went all in and didn't move it any more than that for us.
ProgN
khkman22 said:

You went all in and didn't move it any more than that for us.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'm all in on ROKU. Went shares average price entered $43.61. I am looking for a move towards $45 where I will sell $45 covered calls as close to $2 as possible out to next week on 50% of the shares. That's $3.61 profit on those shares or a buffer just in case this selling extends and we get the gap fill.
Which gap are you looking at? I only went back YTD and saw one at 43.29, but that one already filled
ProgN
What do you make of this move in SQ?
oldarmy1
AG
Change of plan based on that rapid move. Gonna execute that ROKU plan lookong for gap from open getting filled.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

What do you make of this move in SQ?

All stocks showed that v bottom and never returned. I'd say that most shares will see gaps filled on this intraday attempt and then its wait and see.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Keeping to your GE idea after their new test?
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Change of plan based on that rapid move. Gonna execute that ROKU plan lookong for gap from open getting filled.
can you market move NFLX over 310? Okay thanks!
Señor Chang
AG
RRTS on a nice little run today. Up 13%
oldarmy1
AG
I can't even get my ROKU to follow through! Hope that $45 plan change doesn't bite me. It was spot on as of now. Flash above $45 would have been great covered call sell as things stand.

Don't like that S&P hit new low. Killed momentum.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Volume on AVEO highest since June 2017. If that is any institutions throwing in the towel need to be cautious.

I bought again at $2.05 and will watch closely. Last time we swung down we hit $2.02. This time $2.03 low so far.

If we get any kind of bounce that gets $2 calls at 50 cent fills I will take it out to Dec 21.

I went much smaller this cycle.
AND.....THIS!
oldarmy1
AG
Lot of Dec 21 $2 Calls traded today. Covered calls or speculation long?
oldarmy1
AG
That red/green v pattern I post all the time also works in reverse green/red. Here is a perfect example on SQ signaling its top intraday.

p.s. Then see that first green after all the red on last minute posted? It's trying to go red/green right now but with much less enthusiasm "volume" so I wouldn't trust it
ProgN
Thanks OA
oldarmy1
AG
Macro markets view. Two gaps from recent action created after filling the others on the big selloff. Pretty decent odds that the first one gets filled, even if we take a little sideways time to do it. I would say from experience the faster those fill close to the last "V" the worse it means for the potential continuation down. Something to watch.

See why I was saying not to be greedy? Did whoever that was on GILD get sold? I was moving out of everything except a focus on ROKU. I made a tactical mistake on that by changing my $45 covered call strategy. That was spot on and I broke my own "stick with your plan" rule, but I don't mind being long ROKU from here.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Yes, I sold. Got great returns on APPL and GILD
Agfootball10
AG
XOG made a big move so far today.
UpstateAg
AG
IMMP presents at SITC in a couple hours. This thing is like AVEO with better management and a better drug. I've been buying for a few months.
First Page Last Page
Page 292 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.