Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,981 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Wait what? I thought this was decided??
CPDAggie10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I think they are talking about phasing it in over 2 days bc the market cap is so big. CNBC just mentioned it a few minutes ago.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

Knife catching on EXPI call this morning paid off. I'm now the proud owner of 4 net free EXPI201218C50 contracts.

I didn't pull the trigger on AMD at $87 this morning and I'm not sure why. It's a stock I'm MUCH more familiar with and expect a run up to at least $95. Already a top 5 holding for me but not putting some coin on $94 calls for Dec4 and Dec11 means I hate money.
Man I got stopped out at the bottom of that flash on 60cs. Kicking myself and had them set a bit lower than normal. Water under the bridge and that is what stops are for.

Live, learn, don't look back and next stock up.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

time for puts! lol
OutlawAG04
AAPL-Sitting net free on $117.5 calls for 12/18 and picked up some additional $120 calls for 1/15. Anyone else going in on calls above $120?
MaroonDynasty
Faux EV sector getting rocked today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Any of you ATP users know how to get a BTC chart? Fidelity won't even acknowledge BTC is a symbol. I want to plot it against some related stocks, like MARA to see what the relationship and delay timing is.

If that looks useful I might set BTC alerts and then trade Ps and Cs for MARA or other stocks based on BTC lag.
I bleed maroon
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Any of you ATP users know how to get a BTC chart? Fidelity won't even acknowledge BTC is a symbol. I want to plot it against some related stocks, like MARA to see what the relationship and delay timing is.

If that looks useful I might set BTC alerts and then trade Ps and Cs for MARA or other stocks based on BTC lag.
According to Schwab, GBTC has 154%+ of its' assets invested in Bitcoin. I think that's about as pure a play as you can get.
jwhitlock3
I bleed maroon said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

According to Schwab, GBTC has 154%+ of its' assets invested in Bitcoin. I think that's about as pure a play as you can get.
looks like they charge a 2% fee though, anyone else see that? Seems crazy high
badharambe
AG
$hexo looks like it's about to break back up towards the 1.4s
I bleed maroon
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

I bleed maroon said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I tend to agree, especially as it's not a diversified fund. Almost makes me want to invest in the opportunistic fund management company! However, Coinbase or other methods also likely charge fees. It would be helpful to get a cryptohead to weigh in, here. I'm a novice, and intend to stay that way .
topher06
I bleed maroon said:

jwhitlock3 said:

I bleed maroon said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I tend to agree, especially as it's not a diversified fund. Almost makes me want to invest in the opportunistic fund management company! However, Coinbase or other methods also likely charge fees. It would be helpful to get a cryptohead to weigh in, here. I'm a novice, and intend to stay that way .
Coinbase just charges a pretty stout fee to buy/sell, but nothing for maintenance.
cptthunder
One for the class that falls into the unusual volume category: WRR
Mining stock that went from ~$1.50 to almost $15.00 on huge volume,normal volume was 200-300K/day and jumped to over 4.5 million in three days in the beginning of October
Dropped and stabilized in the $4.50 range and is now making a break out at the $6.50 range.
Thinking of waiting a day or two and then going with the Jan 7.5C that are currently around $1.50

Any thoughts?
[url=<a][/url]"
0708aggie
AG
What are we doing with ATVI?

Sitting at 128% gain from Wednesday's entry.
CPDAggie10
AG
MOMO earnings call tomorrow morning before the bell. For those still holding the Dec18 calls.
ClutchCityAg
0708aggie said:

I went net free on the first test of 79, now waiting to see if it break over or not.
Let it ride
FJ43
0708aggie said:

I trimmed at the last flash up above $79.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
CPDAggie10 said:

MOMO earnings call tomorrow morning before the bell. For those still holding the Dec18 calls.
I was hoping for a little pre earnings run up before any sell off to trim some of my calls. But at this point I will hold through.

I bleed maroon
AG
topher06 said:

I bleed maroon said:

jwhitlock3 said:

I bleed maroon said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Coinbase just charges a pretty stout fee to buy/sell, but nothing for maintenance.
Good point. My theory is at least I have SEC / FINRA protections on buying an ETF (as thin as that may be) - what kind of independent support exists for Coinbase or other brokers? I'd sure prefer something publicly traded, but money talks, if there are enough savings there...
topher06
I've been net free on ATVI. Went too early, but felt I overextended myself in the original purchase. I'll probably sell another leg when it starts to approach $80.
0708aggie
AG
Just sold half to go net free +
FJ43
TriumphForks
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I use TradingView for crypto charts. They have charts for all of the major cryptos at least and there is a feature to compare BTC to other tickers such as MARA.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

SDC having itself a day.

Those Jan calls are up 300% from OA's call out.

I'mma have to start to pay attention to the cover calls on the shares I own.
SoTXAg09
AG
I have a single 17 sep 21 call at 35 I bought back before earnings, currently up ~95%. Chart looks like it's ready to maybe run a bit.
CPDAggie10
AG
ONTX moving with more volume.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Sold some GOCO $10 puts for December. I'm not sure if I was rooting for those to fill of not.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

SDC having itself a day.

Could've done without that knowledge....I accidentally sold my entire holding instead of just enough to go net-free, and I decided to not re-enter the play because it was already moving and I had a profit. Still kicking myself on that stupidity...

Was having a pretty good day, slept a decent amount last night (a rarity these days)...and you just took a giant steamer on my day...
oldarmy1
AG
WWR volume brought to my attention. Looking at the chart volume 10M today coming out of consolidation from initial explosion above $17 in September. I like it. I went shares and will look at a covered call to protect downside with upside opportunity later.
McInnis 03
AG
Can you tell me how you set your volume alerts? You come up with some RANDOM ass names, and I know you can't be tracking every single stock on the entire NYSE. Do you have an alert tied to percentage over some arbitrary volume average?
zag213004
AG
oldarmy1 said:

WWR volume brought to my attention. Looking at the chart volume 10M today coming out of consolidation from initial explosion above $17 in September. I like it. I went shares and will look at a covered call to protect downside with upside opportunity later.

Do you mean above $14? Or do I have the wrong ticker
HoustonAg2014
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

What does this mean? I went hard about 5 min ago on Amazon.

Are we smiling
Funny you say that... I put in that trade and asked you that question about 5 minutes before I went in to get my teeth whitened for my wedding. I came out smiling extra bright as your help paid for my teeth whitening today hahaha. Got to the the Stock Market board.
FJ43
With the way ONTX is building today could have either some sell off profit taking or one of those AH spikes to .40. Not sure there is a middle of the road on this one.

oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Can you tell me how you set your volume alerts? You come up with some RANDOM ass names, and I know you can't be tracking every single stock on the entire NYSE. Do you have an alert tied to percentage over some arbitrary volume average?
A screener that is set for volume spikes on the minute and then a screener that is set for 30% higher than daily average volume.
CPDAggie10
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

SDC having itself a day.

Could've done without that knowledge....I accidentally sold my entire holding instead of just enough to go net-free, and I decided to not re-enter the play because it was already moving and I had a profit. Still kicking myself on that stupidity...

Was having a pretty good day, slept a decent amount last night (a rarity these days)...and you just took a giant steamer on my day...
I did the same thing today with my AMD calls. My order filled for a 100% gain, but I guess I had mistakenly put the order in last week for all the calls instead of just half to go net free.

I tried to re-enter on the 90s but got greedy and set my buy too low and they never filled on the dip. It then has taken off past $92. I won't chase it here. I still do have long shares.

Oh well, stupid mistake on setting my sell for all the calls. Still I won't complain about a double in less than a week. There will always be more trades.
First Page Last Page
Page 2521 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.