Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,589 Views | 231693 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

$3.62 MBIO

For all of the large accumulation holders what I do is sell March $5 covered calls when they break $1. $3.18 avg holding gives you $6.10 roughly or $2.18 net holding price.
I'm selling the Nov 5C currently... what's the reasoning behind selling leaps instead of monthly? less hassle I assume? I suppose if they are over $1 by Nov. exp, I can jump into selling the March calls.

I'm also looking at selling OSTK cc's (on the next squeeze), probably monthly, weekly seems like more work than I want to bother with.

thanks for your wisdom here boss!
Brewmaster
AG
ImhereforOA said:

Despite the overall down day for AMD it is still in an active squeeze on the daily, and bounced off the 8EMA on the 4hr. With semi ER coming up this month it all looks bullish to me. Hodl gang on the AMD calls
user name checks out, ha!
Bulldog73
AG
I think he was just miraculously cured and they don't want to give it any credibility. Sure, he was never sick... uh huh...
Brewmaster
AG
might be time to play JD again... (calls for me)

RightWingConspirator
AG
Even I'm holding some JD 80 Calls with March expiration.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
BrokeAssAggie
So who's the new sock they won the OA mentor role?!?
oldarmy1
AG
I only sold 5% of AMD on opening pop.

Who is "IAmHereForOA"? What did I do
MasonRamsay
Haha that's me.. long time lurker and originally came here only to see what you were saying!

I appreciate all the great plays you've given over the many months.
MasonRamsay
I should change my name to ImHereToSeeWhatOAisSaying
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

might be time to play JD again... (calls for me)

Nov 80s lit up like a spotlight yesterday. Creakin caught it, I jumped on it
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
Nice, I'll watch for entry tomorrow. Maybe you can answer this... (my post got lost on previous page)

what is the advantage of selling a leap covered call vs monthly or even weekly? just less hassle and a nice big $ to bank (assuming the stock stays under the strike).
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

I only sold 5% of AMD on opening pop.

Who is "IAmHereForOA"? What did I do
Just simply made lots of people money (if they followed and learned along the way).
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
There isn't a tax break since you get the money upfront, right? Unless there was some skewed premium for that expiry I'd prefer to sell it a little closer in. I can't imagine having those shares tied up for over a year especially if it rocketed up and you get to see that mistake every day.
wanderer
$AMD

TxAG#2011
Advanced Micro Devices is in advanced talks to buy rival chip maker Xilinx, said people familiar with the matter, in a deal that could be valued at more than $30 billion https://t.co/tK4dsJGqnI
Esteban du Plantier
AG
BREwmaster said:

Nice, I'll watch for entry tomorrow. Maybe you can answer this... (my post got lost on previous page)

what is the advantage of selling a leap covered call vs monthly or even weekly? just less hassle and a nice big $ to bank (assuming the stock stays under the strike).

Maybe expects to get called out way earlier than March, so might as well take the higher premium?

Just a guess
tailgatetimer10
AG
wanderer said:

$AMD

This makes a lot of sense considering the organization changes I've heard about at AMD
Rice and Fries
AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

GME may be getting a bit of a short squeeze here. I bought at on the halt unfreeze.
i read snippet on the deal, but gamestop is a dying business. PS5 is offering a disk free version. I don't see how they can maintain their business. Might be worth a put

They just announced a partnership with Microsoft I thought? There stock got halted multiple times.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

I think benefit of premium correlates with time?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
TMOOSE
Amd to the moon?
Let it Ride
Beerosch
AG
So how does the market react to this? XLNX market cap is just shy of $26 billion. That means if the deal is >$30 billion they'll be paying ~$5 billion or more over their current market cap value. Will the market react well for AMD because they're buying out competition?
McInnis 03
AG
Only guy I see knocking it

B&I Key:
gig em 02
That guy is short AMD, nobody posts that much negativity without an agenda
Bob Knights Paper Hands
gig em 02 said:

That guy is short AMD, nobody posts that much negativity without an agenda

Yep that reeks of "please don't force me to pay for shorting AMD with my entire margin available". T&P for that guys dog.
jwhitlock3
Looks like AMD has about 1.75 billion in cash on hand, and with an acquisition of $30B they're either going to be taking on debt (albeit cheap debt today) or dilute shares with a cash + shares offering. Seems like it would make sense to use their elevated shares price as part of the deal since 2020 has been good to them. I'm still holding 10/16 AMD calls but the market tends to react poorly to acquisitions for the buyer, and favorably for the company being acquired. We'll see if this is any different, but feel like my calls I'm still holding are going to tank tomorrow...we shall see!
GreasenUSA
AG
Rice and Fries said:

AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

GME may be getting a bit of a short squeeze here. I bought at on the halt unfreeze.
i read snippet on the deal, but gamestop is a dying business. PS5 is offering a disk free version. I don't see how they can maintain their business. Might be worth a put

They just announced a partnership with Microsoft I thought? There stock got halted multiple times.
They announced that they purchased cloud and hardware services from Microsoft. Not sure why the market reacted how it did, but I would expect it to revert to trend very soon.... which, fortunately for GME, has been upward.
CavitationAG
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Looks like AMD has about 1.75 billion in cash on hand, and with an acquisition of $30B they're either going to be taking on debt (albeit cheap debt today) or dilute shares with a cash + shares offering. Seems like it would make sense to use their elevated shares price as part of the deal since 2020 has been good to them. I'm still holding 10/16 AMD calls but the market tends to react poorly to acquisitions for the buyer, and favorably for the company being acquired. We'll see if this is any different, but feel like my calls I'm still holding are going to tank tomorrow...we shall see!
Yeah I'm worried the market will punish AMD's stock price for this. Hope I'm wrong though.
tailgatetimer10
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Watch the stock not even blip
oldarmy1
AG
Futures +20 Better be at your stations at the open if these hold and be ready to cash in on most open calls.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
So who's in for buying put flies for AMD to drop 4-5% tomorrow as a hedge? Could max at 20x if it happens to tank.
leoj
AG
AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

100% of outstanding shares were short. I wouldn't buy puts on gme with your money right now.
YNWA_AG
AG
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-reportedly-in-advanced-talks-to-buy-xilinx-for-roughly-dollar30-billion

Good article to see how amd would incorporate Xilinx's FPGAs
McInnis 03
AG
AMD down $4

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

AMD down $4

Unloading those 10/16 calls on the open for a big loss. XLNX up 17%
First Page Last Page
Page 2301 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.