Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,678 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jagvocate
aggiehunter3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

CAT and BA have made my last couple of weeks.

BA was in a beautiful bull flag this morning. Went long $365 weeklies at $1.02 mid morning and they traded as high as $4 today. I sold half at $3 and letting the other half ride. Closed above July resistance levels, and I don't think 370 is out of the question.
I guess 370 wasn't out of the question! Been fun trading these options the last couple of weeks. I've made a "lot" relatively, but as always still left a lot of money on the table. Oh well.
oldarmy1
AG
NIO now also has limited options. Not on Robinhood yet though.
J_Landes89
AG
I just found it on there?? Different one?
jtmoney03
AG
I'm having to constantly tell myself that the long term success in my trading, is taking my profits when my gut says to take them. Yesterday, I took profit at $3.02 on NBEV and a .25 cent move in premium to .45 on some 2.5 weeklies. The stock is at 4.14 and the weeklies at 1.65. Trying not to be greedy, but hindsight is making that very difficult!
ProgN
MU reports earning tomorrow, it should tell us how chips will perform in the short term.
TheVarian
AG
Making some money is better than gambling and losing all of your money.
oldarmy1
AG
TheVarian said:

Actually I agree with you. Have a plan and stick to it.

I sold 1000 naked Puts of TLRY Strikes from $100-$115 for a total premium received $162k. It's a gamble that TLRY won't fall below $115 by Friday expiration. Of course due to the stock holding up the premium volatility crash occurred and I could chose to buy back those Puts netting $85k.

oldarmy1
AG
Look at that volume today on the $100 TLRY Put. Only 332 of those are mine average fill $1.52. Truly insane and easiest trade this year. A 3 day trade with a stock having to crash $128. Mercy why can't they all be like that.
oldarmy1
AG
I'd like to see the VIX come under $11 for positioning November Calls at $13. Everyone mark that as I'm giving you my entry well before it possibly gets there.
oldarmy1
AG
Holy Smokes! (pun intended) TLRY pushing for a new high (again, pun intended)
CDub06
AG
That's dope
jtmoney03
AG
Totally agree, and I'm doing better than I did 6 months ago. Just saying hindsight can be a negative. It was for me in the past, as I would see the action after the fact and try to apply that to future trades that didn't set up the same way.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sooo... BBOX?
oldarmy1
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Sooo... BBOX?
We'll see if this is a final flush like RRTS. If it is it would be above $1 Friday. Watch for big volume spike.
TheVarian
AG
Completely agree. And congrats on your success!

"There's a reason the rearview mirror is so small and the windshield is so big."
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Just want to say thanks oldarmy1 and the other contributors on here! I follow this thread everyday. Keep posting those "risky" plays such as RRTS and BBOX. Those are the types that fit how I trade.
tailgatetimer10
AG
The volume agrees so far.

I know this is high volitility and high risk, so please continue to comment on the moves for BBOX.

Even if its tough to swallow a large temporary loss, you implied the risk/reward from the beginning -- everyone should have been aware of what to expect with this one.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

TheVarian said:

Actually I agree with you. Have a plan and stick to it.

I sold 1000 naked Puts of TLRY Strikes from $100-$115 for a total premium received $162k. It's a gamble that TLRY won't fall below $115 by Friday expiration. Of course due to the stock holding up the premium volatility crash occurred and I could chose to buy back those Puts netting 85k

What I picture what OA looks like IRL.
oldarmy1
AG
SQ with the check mark bottom. "Checkmark bottom" is what we've discussed where the largest buyer simply removes their bid for a few minutes letting the shares drop down before coming in hard. The fake out move likely scares a lot of day traders and weak holders so I go in hard with big options when I see that move recover to pre-checkmark levels.

Sorry it is SQ not BOX

Here is what you wait for. All the dips and recovery had no mass volume. Then this quick one had over double the minute volume. THAT's the one you're looking for. Then note it races away from the days lows. Whether that ends up being an intraday reversal or a trend reversal remains to be seen.

nomadic_ag
AG
I sold TLRY 2 days ago at $118. Fml. Shoulda coulda woulda.
oldarmy1
AG
nomadic_ag said:

I sold TLRY 2 days ago at $118. Fml. Shoulda coulda woulda.
Ouch
oldarmy1
AG
Ok so NIO. I am selling $10 October 19 covered calls at $1.35-$1.40 Sitting at $1.40 but hitting bidders at $1.35 for now too.

Buy $8.30 Have options if called out at $10 = $1.70 on shares + $1.38 Option premium = $3.08 profit if called out.

Otherwise the $8.30 buys net out under $7 for holding.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SQ with the check mark bottom. "Checkmark bottom" is what we've discussed where the largest buyer simply removes their bid for a few minutes letting the shares drop down before coming in hard. The fake out move likely scares a lot of day traders and weak holders so I go in hard with big options when I see that move recover to pre-checkmark levels.

Sorry it is SQ not BOX

Here is what you wait for. All the dips and recovery had no mass volume. Then this quick one had over double the minute volume. THAT's the one you're looking for. Then note it races away from the days lows. Whether that ends up being an intraday reversal or a trend reversal remains to be seen.

Following you is my new strategy
UpstateAg
AG
TLRY just got halted. 300 the high?
ProgN
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sorry it is SQ not BOX

Following you is my new strategy
oldarmy1
AG
As always, a well timed article bashing SQ. Where were you at $95?

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4207194-square-irrational-price
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ok so NIO. I am selling $10 October 19 covered calls at $1.35-$1.40 Sitting at $1.40 but hitting bidders at $1.35 for now too.

Buy $8.30 Have options if called out at $10 = $1.70 on shares + $1.38 Option premium = $3.08 profit if called out.

Otherwise the $8.30 buys net out under $7 for holding.

AND theres why
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/19/amazon-is-reportedly-planning-up-to-3000-cashierless-stores-by-2021.html

watch AMZN
leoj
AG
Was wondering why KR and TGT took a hit.
oldarmy1
AG
TLRY......pressed up to almost $300 and 3 halts later its halted again at $168.

Hide your kids!!!!
The Lost
The TLRY chart for the day looks like a year + of movement for most companies
UpstateAg
AG
Another day where it goes to a new high where I wish I would have sold high then rebought low...

It is still above the 21 DMA though...
gougler08
AG
AMD hanging man forming...just not sure if it signifies anything after the last few days have been flat. Thoughts?
Ranger222
AG
Have never seen anything like what is going on with TLRY today

BTW while everyone is watching TLRY tech is bouncing
ProgN
Ranger, what's your opinion of MCHP? TIA
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.