Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,137 Views | 224257 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ranger222 said:

Have never seen anything like what is going on with TLRY today

BTW while everyone is watching TLRY tech is bouncing
Just amazing. And the option premium values 3 days out are back to out of this world.
oldarmy1
AG
Halted again $217
ProgN
It's like musical chairs and the one left standing is holding the high print.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Robinhood is so confused every option is at $.01
UpstateAg
AG
And now, let's watch TLRY in AH!
jtmoney03
AG
Last Thursday, the company was worth 8.6 Billion. Today alone, they lost 9.8 BILLION in 45 minutes.
leoj
AG
If I was on that board I would be scheduling a sale of my stock ASAP.
Rice and Fries
I have exited my 90% of position of SN for a small gain.

I have in turn taken that equity in addition to some more and purchased an entry into WRD.

They are having much better performance and returns than SN.
UpstateAg
AG
What do yall think of WTI?
59 South
AG
RRTS news

https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Roadrunner+Transportation+Systems+%28RRTS%29+Plans+for+Rights+Offering/14625619.html
Ranger222
AG
this is the first time I've looked at this chart.....and I honestly really like it

In this massive wedge formation that has lasted the entire ytd.....forming a W double bottom highlighted in blue curves. Major support is at 81.2, which is just closed higher than today, so it is back in formation after exiting the first couple days of the week. Sometimes stocks like these in the major patterns will have a false breakdown before moving higher, and that could be what is happening here.

After seeing this I may honestly get into some OCT 85 C.....I think it has a great shot to test at least the 21 day average which is ~ 85 right now and flattening. Who knows if it continues a breakout after that
ProgN
Thank you sir for your analysis.
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/topstocks/fortunes-made-and-lost-on-weed-in-wildest-single-day-of-trading/ar-BBNxGD8?ocid=spartanntp
leoj
AG
Elanco going to IPO at $24 tomorrow.
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Those mother ****ers ran it up! I think this will bite Eli Lilly in the ass. 20% above initial price point. I still intend to invest, but I will hold of on trying to be a first in on this.
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

leoj said:

Those mother ****ers ran it up! I think this will bite Eli Lilly in the ass. 20% above initial price point. I still intend to invest, but I will hold of on trying to be a first in on this.
whst do you think is fair market? Growth potential?
IrishTxAggie
AG
They should've come in at $20-21. Growth potential will be strongly linked to their momentum and ability to maneuver any Chinese protectionist regulations that pop up because there are a lot of them popping up in animal health now that they recognize ghe matket potential. They already have a very strong footprint in the US, but it's jockeying for bits and pieces. There aren't any large chunks to get anymore.
The Debt
So with all this tariff talk, what sectors to buy?

Im staying out of agriculture (exports). US steel? What do yall say?
gougler08
AG
Green futures again this morning
UpstateAg
AG
Marke****ch has an article about ELA ipo this morning. Says it is way too high. I know nothing about that field though...
UpstateAg
AG
Good weekly jobs report. Markets are greener than OA's profits from yesterday's TLRY puts.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Quote from a professional colleague and our overall sentiment on the $24 mark.

"Those greedy ****s! They better stop ***** footing and buy xyz..."
leoj
AG
Ha. Well, it's on my watchlist so maybe there will be a drop off after a bit. Seems to be a lot of interest in this IPO.

Also, we buying puts in AMD yet?
leoj
AG
SQ just got a $100 price target from Stifel
gougler08
AG
leoj said:

Ha. Well, it's on my watchlist so maybe there will be a drop off after a bit. Seems to be a lot of interest in this IPO.

Already in on AMD puts on last weeks reversal sign, they'll probably at least start today up with the bright green futures but I think the downturn has been signaled and will happen within a week or two
Hoelag13
AG
Why did INVE dip so much?
oldarmy1
AG
We are surely hitting a new high on the DOW today but lets never fail to realize the resistance that was in place to create the initial January selloff. It is impossible to know if we get a "blow and go" continuation on new highs or if we see a period of consolidation. A lot of energy has been expended to get us back to this level so will buyers be there to carry us upward?

In other words. This morning is where hedges are placed, profits locked in with Covered calls or Puts. The VIX is halfway to 11 from yesterday's proclamation of setting into VIX options out to November. If we hit new highs watch volumes. If we can't get to $11 on the VIX I'll likely begin taking some $13-$14 call options.

oldarmy1
AG
AmateurNerd said:

Why did INVE dip so much?
Earnings hit and they weren't a miss but that is a single print early. Bid is well above that mark for now.
pacecar02
got assigned 100 shares of amzn this morning.....lets hope for a green day
ProgN
leoj said:

Keep in mind MU reports earnings after the close. They aren't in the same type of chips but it will have an affect on the SOX tomorrow, one way or the other.
Rice and Fries
The Debt said:

So with all this tariff talk, what sectors to buy?

Im staying out of agriculture (exports). US steel? What do yall say?
Oil and Gas
leoj
AG
Grabbed a 10/19 $90 SQ call
Ranger222
AG
Out of all my positions this morning, holding nothing but cash right now. Used this gap up this morning to exit everything with decent profits. Always a reminder to lock in profits when we open green like this and take risk off. Like oldarmy said, a lot of these DIA names have ran pretty hard and could be catching some resistance. Plus I am not convinced Tech is going to rebound here like it should. That, and tomorrow is a quadruple witching day so expect maximum ****ery. Going wait and see how MU quarterly report comes out today before I decide to play any Semis like MCHP.

Bought DE weeklies 152.5 I think on Tuesday for 0.55 - 0.6. Sold all at 1.25 extremely happy. Those opened today at 4.2! Oh well.
gougler08
AG
DIS went down and filled the gap this morning, so should see it continue to trend up off that hammer technical
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Grabbed a 10/19 $90 SQ call
SQ
First Page Last Page
Page 225 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.