Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,322 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by jagvocate
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another fun strategy when in the money on weekly calls is the ability to short the stock against it premarket to capture the spread between your call and premarket price action.

With $162.50 Strikes expiring tomorrow and shares popped to $165.50 I short it there for a risk free trade. Its like working with a net guaranteeing me $3 ($162.50 calls you can call out against a short position at $165.50).

What I look to do is take any initial profit taking move into the open and cover that short. I target $1+ and if it just keeps going up I was going to take $3 gain on options anyway.

But if it drops with early profit taking then I monitor and hold the short locking in the $3 or I cover when I see bottom volume pour in.

I've done this on some stocks 2-3 day trades..
All risk free.
oldarmy1
AG
AMGN $199.97. Lets see that trend kick in for a power move higher.
UpstateAg
AG
I know you have said this before, but is your options profit taking strategy to sell enough early on at a certain % to go net free, and then ride it out? Or progressively sell at different stages?
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

I know you have said this before, but is your options profit taking strategy to sell enough early on at a certain % to go net free, and then ride it out? Or progressively sell at different stages?

Depends on expiration date primarily. Weekly s I want my capital back as quick as possible. Something like QCOM I'll take 25% somewhere after the open and stick with the overall trend with plenty of time.
leoj
AG
Glad I took the opportunity to reduce my cost basis on those JD leaps. Also KR taking a huge hit on margins I believe, while my long QCOM position is really paying off. If they resolve the Apple situation watch out.
IrishTxAggie
AG
What's going on with China today?! I'm get notifications that pretty much all of the Chinese stocks are up 5% or more.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

Hate that this site censors market watch lol.

Lrcx's fcf growth over the past 4 years is crazy. Screaming buy at these levels, I don't care if no one made a chip for another 12 months.

I'll grab some Oct options and see if it has legs.

You could do worse than trading contrarian to upgrade and downgrade calls from some services. When those downgrades hit only after the stock has plummeted and are at major support it should be criminal. They are trying to break it through.

Not an ethical bone in their bodies.
That's one of the most valuable lessons I learned when I worked in the industry. Their are no ethics and nothing is ever what it appears.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

What's going on with China today?! I'm get notifications that pretty much all of the Chinese stocks are up 5% or more.
US and China agreed to resume trade talks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I love TexAg! Much easier than Google!
aggiehunter3
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Today was insane. Sometimes it pays to be lucky rather than good. A twitter handle I follow alerted the coil in BA, so checked the chart and bought some weekly $350 calls at $1.37...about 5 minutes before the markets turned and solid production forecast news came out. Closed out half at 50% at $4 and 25% at $5. Let's see how the rest of the week plays out.

Took the last 25% off at $10 don't want to get greedy
leoj
AG
Amd run has to end at some point right? Those 9/14 $21 calls are going to be my big one that got away lol
oldarmy1
AG
DOW on gap fill watch. Less than 200 points from starting the gap fill. It hits that its as good a guarantee that the gap fills as there is.
ProgN

I love Trump but sometimes he should STFU. Market selling off because of this F'ing tweet.
UpstateAg
AG
Bought a 9/14 29P on IQ
UpstateAg
AG
My chart for the day looks great until 10:15, and then down. Like a freaking mountain.
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

My chart for the day looks great until 10:15, and then down. Like a freaking mountain.
Yeah, my MCHP just went negative. Why tweet that crap out?
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

He's got to prove everyone wrong

Only good news on MCHP is it filled that gap so it hopefully won't come back to it later
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

He's got to prove everyone wrong
What's crazy is that everyone that follows it, know's China is in a hard spot. All he did was spook the markets and pulled the rug out from under the market. I picked up some more Oct MCHP calls to lower my cost basis, but damn.
oldarmy1
AG
TEUM making a move
ProgN
I've been following TNDM that a poster mentioned a few pages back. Damn that is a strong stock.
gougler08
AG
DBX bouncing off the v bottom line again today

MCHP filled that gap down and has bounced back as well
ProgN
gougler08 said:

DBX bouncing off the v bottom line again today

MCHP filled that gap down and has bounced back as well
saw that
gougler08
AG
MU trying to run
ProgN
The SOX spiked too. Buyers coming back into chips.

TexAgs need to add a fingers crossed emoji for this board.
gougler08
AG
Got my money back on my weekly MU call with that run. I'll take it
ProgN
UpstateAg
AG
AMGN is being a monster.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

AMGN is being a monster.

This is why we went out to mid Oct.
I see AMGN pushing towards $210
UpstateAg
AG
Your strategy to set the price in the upper 200s and forget it?
aggiehunter3
AG
chased nflx calls for next week thinking it had followed a similar pattern to yesterday where there was a mid morning dip then rip...its been all dip since I bought
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Your strategy to set the price in the upper 200s and forget it?

Now it is but its net free options now.

I have a sell set at $3.85
ProgN
leoj said:

Amd run has to end at some point right? Those 9/14 $21 calls are going to be my big one that got away lol
Big reversal in AMD
Ranger222
AG
AMD reversal -- downwards. Load up when it bottoms in days/weeks

Check out AIMT....think it was mentioned here long ago or on the biotech thread. Look at the Oct 35 C

Check out the IBB names to go along with AMGN....CELG REGN VRTX. Not a large cap, but also like MDT Nov 97.5
ProgN
Will do Ranger, thx
gougler08
AG
I went with puts on AMD to try and play the reversal
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.