Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,047 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The SOX index and ALL the chips are so oversold it doesn't make any sense.
oldarmy1
AG
AMGN

Whoop. How's that for entry?
shiphunt
AG
Watching AMD flirt with $30 again and again this morning is ridiculously fun
AggiePeeps06
AG
Still running?
UpstateAg
AG
It had a little dip, down to 1.77. I bought another handful. It's gone above 2.07 twice in the last two hours.
gougler08
AG
What do we think about MU? Going to come back and fill that gap tomorrow and run a bit or is the chip market just too much of a mess?

Weekly calls at 44.5 strike are only $0.39
UpstateAg
AG
I did something like that last week and it worked out. But MU just is struggling something fierce.
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

I did something like that last week and it worked out. But MU just is struggling something fierce.
Yeah, some dumbass analyst cut his price target to $70 from $83 but maintained outperform. That's putting further pressure on chips.
cjo03
AG
MDB up another ~20% since end of August. Anyone start watching/trading it?
Ragoo
AG
Roku still on a tear. Up 75% so far.
ProgN
It may pull back but it sounds like you're holding this long term. They should crush earnings, but may pullback before then on profit taking. The CEO (a fellow Ag) is a very rich man.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

It may pull back but it sounds like you're holding this long term. They should crush earnings, but may pullback before then on profit taking. The CEO (a fellow Ag) is a very rich man.
ive taken about 40% off the table and plan to hold the rest until the dynamic changes.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

ive taken about 40% off the table and plan to hold the rest until the dynamic changes.
Smart move, like I've said previously on this board, I see them being bought out by one of the bigs. JMO, no inside knowledge.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

Yeah, some dumbass analyst cut his price target to $70 from $83 but maintained outperform. That's putting further pressure on chips.

Yeah I saw that, i went ahead and just bought one cheap weekly to see if it can bounce up in the next couple days
ProgN
I would have bought the last week of the month. It's the end of the qtr and mutual funds position themselves before quarterly statements come out, the industry calls it window dressing and MU at these low levels is poised for a massive buy in by mutual funds. JMO.

ETA: Or I'd have purchased the first week of October but MCHP is F'ing me and I'm locked up.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

I would have bought the last week of the month. It's the end of the qtr and mutual funds position themselves before quarterly statements come out, the industry calls it window dressing and MU at these low levels is poised for a massive buy in by mutual funds. JMO.

ETA: Or I'd have purchased the first week of October but MCHP is F'ing me and I'm locked up.

Yeah I'm already in a few things for mid October that are not doing great, so wanted the cheap premium here to see if I can hit. Also just playing OAs strategy of "gaps fill"

Honestly if it just gets to 44 or so I'll close it out
ProgN
I think it will print a trade at 45 this week, on the conservative side. That's if some dumbass analyst doesn't come out with bs like what happened today.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

I think it will print a trade at 45 this week, on the conservative side. That's if some dumbass analyst doesn't come out with bs like what happened today.

Down another $1+ in premarket so that doesn't look good
ProgN
All chip and chip equipment stocks are down pre market. Hopefully flushing out all the sellers. We'll see.
UpstateAg
AG
Had a couple weekly MU puts I sold this morning. sticking to a take 30% profit and go mentality since I've done some stupid stuff lately.

ETA, if I wait ten more minutes, I could have taken 100+%. Such is life
gougler08
AG
DBX seems to have bounced off the v bottom which is a good sign it's still recovering

I think I'm going to employ the 30% system as well as I have been hit a few times over the last few weeks being a bit greedy
ProgN
What's your opinion of MCHP? It hit it's lower Bollinger band today and it looks like a double bottom.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/us-markets-trade-conflicts-continue-to-fester.html
Quote:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose to a session high on Wednesday after a report said the U.S. is proposing new trade talks with China.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/us-markets-trade-conflicts-continue-to-fester.html
Quote:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose to a session high on Wednesday after a report said the U.S. is proposing new trade talks with China.

Come on chip and tech stocks (and JD)
ProgN
agreed
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

What's your opinion of MCHP? It hit it's lower Bollinger band today and it looks like a double bottom.

My much less educated opinion than OA thinks it looks like a v bottom
ProgN
Thanks
gougler08
AG
That didn't last long
ProgN
Nope, that Goldman Sachs call on memory chips this morning put so much pressure on chip and chip equipment stocks.
gougler08
AG
DJI back red, that was quick
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

MACD turned positive on it as well.

oldarmy1
AG
BABA

If you weren't selling as it busted $262.50 shame on you. Odds are you get another bite at the apple early tomorrow but then expiration will flatten out further movement.
UpstateAg
AG
Sold my BABA calls (not for nearly what they are going for now) and bought AMGN calls you recommended. Resistance area 202?
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Sold my BABA calls (not for nearly what they are going for now) and bought AMGN calls you recommended. Resistance area 202?

AMGN has held its trend line last 2 days so expect a move upward tomorrow.

Another call option entered is QCOM Oct 5th $73 strikes. It flashed below moving average trend line and raced back upward today.

That is 3 days hitting and then pressing near 52 week highs. Looks like explosion momentum and trend trade.
oldarmy1
AG
Alsox anytime I see TSLA up more than $15 I buy weekly Puts $7 lower. Worked 3 times now.
First Page Last Page
Page 216 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.