Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,258 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks uneventful for awhile this morning. I'm headed to the gym to work off my Covid-24.
KT 90
AG
Prognightmare said:

Looks uneventful for awhile this morning. I'm headed to the gym to work off my Covid-24.

lol... heading out the door now to go running...

59 South
AG
I'm with you guys. I was planning on watching ROKU launch to the 160s again but now it's workout and run time.

Teeeeeeeease!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
gougler08
AG
SPY was 0.01 off of tying all time highs and then the rug pull...nicely done markets
AgsnFly
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TOS is still being extremely buggy for me this morning.

Same here. Called and they wait time said one hour. Trying the web version of TOS. Functionality there more like the mobile app. This is less than ideal - especially considering I have futures positions in BTC and other volatile commodities. .
topher06
gougler08 said:

SPY was 0.01 off of tying all time highs and then the rug pull...nicely done markets
TSLA only goes up
McInnis 03
AG
If you think TSLA has more in it to go this week. you can put an 1885/1950/2000p broken fly on for Friday for a $4.XX credit right now or so.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
2percent
AG
SDC looking like a model T
Ranger222
AG
Narrative this morning was definitely how undervalued WMT is to others...I like it but may wait a week or see how it reacts to earnings. May take a couple weeks for the stock to set up and move higher
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If you think TSLA has more in it to go this week. you can put an 1885/1950/2000p broken fly on for Friday for a $4.XX credit right now or so.
F, it ran away from me RIGHT when I entered it. Gonna let it linger in case she bounces back down off that 1920 area.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gougler08 said:

man I thought about setting this up as a sell trigger on my spy calls, but decided to just wait and see what happened. Really I was in too big a hurry to get the kids off to daycare to set it up
Bonfire1996
AG
Ranger222 said:

Narrative this morning was definitely how undervalued WMT is to others...I like it but may wait a week or see how it reacts to earnings. May take a couple weeks for the stock to set up and move higher
You are watching, in real time, the biggest income/value opportunity of a lifetime, in my opinion. The big box retailers plus Amazon are going to own market share and growth for the next 20 years.

WMT
HD
AMZN

Their stocks will split in the next five years with WMT and HD consistently raising dividends. It is going to be incredible.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

NRD09 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Anyone going for a Wednesday Put Call Spy straddel get your calls now. $339
When you see above $338 buy the $337 Puts
Be ready.....could be a flash above $338 only or it could move hard to challenge days highs and set up another run at all-time highs. Your calls have moved up 18-26% depending on execution.
what fills did you get on these? I got the calls for .85 and the puts for .99, but the calls dropped a dime. Is IV dropping or theta eating these up or did I just get bad fills?
If those of you playing the put-call SPY straddle could continue updating that would be great. Especially after you sell to explain what your target was versus what you did. I am not in this, but I need to learn the thought process here. I've done this a few times and things have consistently not gone as planned. Could be small sample or it could be I was doing it wrong.
If OA doesn't tell us what to target, the first thing I try to do is score a double on one leg at open or near it, then hope we model t and I can salvage some value out of the other leg. If we open relatively flat I try and grab 20% on each leg over the course of the day, then roll it all into another 1dte spread at 2:20 after theta's eaten them up over the course of the day.
That said, I really don't know what I'm doing...most of my success with these is catching a big move at close or open.
alright senor liver, today was textbook scenario 2 for me. We opened up but not gap up, went ahead and sold the calls for 1.04, then we got the dip and I dumped the puts for 1.18.

now if roku could just go ahead and moon that would be great...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ranger222 said:

I got a small amount 8/21s, two ATM calls for Oct, and a decent amount of Dec 140 and 145 calls. I especially like the continued growth of their online sales.
59 South
AG
NRD09 said:

gougler08 said:

man I thought about setting this up as a sell trigger on my spy calls, but decided to just wait and see what happened. Really I was in too big a hurry to get the kids off to daycare to set it up
Amen, those kinds of things have cost me thousands of dollars I'm convinced. Made me step back from the trades that have to be babysat. Maybe in a few years haha.

McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Red Rover
AG
Boom!!! All of those idiots that went "yogging" are sprinting back home right now.
ClutchCityAg
59 South said:

NRD09 said:

gougler08 said:

Amen, those kinds of things have cost me thousands of dollars I'm convinced. Made me step back from the trades that have to be babysat. Maybe in a few years haha.
I dont have kids but this seems appropriate

Let it ride
Running with the Bulls
CHNG trading in pretty tight range (12.7 - 12.9) the last 5 days after failing to bust through 13.25 area. Still think it will break through?
Red Rover
AG
And I mean idiots as a term of endearment.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
txaggie_08 said:

GOCO this morning. Didn't expect that.
stop loss raid or profit taking? I bet it's profit taking
McInnis 03
AG
Ripster must be hanging with the whales....

B&I Key:
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG
Red Rover said:

Boom!!! All of those idiots that went "yogging" are sprinting back home right now.

Nope, more of a constant wobble for me these days. But I'm out there moving, definitely need to lose a few that I managed to "find" over the past year or two.

fooz
AgDad77
AG
My TOS has been installing updates for about an hour now???
McInnis 03
AG
Ok, butterflied up from 1800-1980 on TSLA.

B&I Key:
fooz
AgDad77 said:

My TOS has been installing updates for about an hour now???
Mine did that yesterday and I just left it alone. Not sure when it finished. I was able to login this morning. I haven't made any trades, but charts seem to be working fine.
59 South
AG
Ha, that's good. You've never 'traded' unless you've done it on your iPhone with one hand while shampooing a kid's hair in the bath with the other. Then get called out by the kid to Mom later with "hey Mom, Dad was playing on his phone again during bath time," which results in a scolding by Mom for not taking family time seriously enough.

tsuag10
AG
Lol.

Between this post and another poster quoting his wife saying, "Whatever. Just don't lose money.", it's like some of y'all are spying on me in my house.
BrokeAssAggie
59 South said:

Ha, that's good. You've never 'traded' unless you've done it on your iPhone with one hand while shampooing a kid's hair in the bath with the other. Then get called out by the kid to Mom later with "hey Mom, Dad was playing on his phone again during bath time," which results in a scolding by Mom for not taking family time seriously enough.
I always tell her...you want some new shoes or what?!?!
tailgatetimer10
AG
guys the best trading strategy is to not have kids.

Not spending money on all that kid type stuff, I can yolo more and trade on my own time.
Thundergon
Gotta love when the real job interferes with trading, missed the original move above 3240 due to a meeting. I started a position into some 3400C with next week expiration. If it closes today above 3300 I'll probably add some weekly 3400C as well. It had been in that wedge for several weeks and looks to have finally broken out of it.
ProgN
Anyone still in SE?
ClutchCityAg
This is RadioSilent's Latest pump

Let it ride
First Page Last Page
Page 2048 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.