Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,957,852 Views | 223949 Replies | Last: 57 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I joined Slack too but I think this thread volume will slow. It's too bad.
oldarmy1
AG
Yes
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Just curious: what was wrong with this thread?
ProgN
WatchOle said:

There's nothing wrong with this thread but some people like Slack. Personally, I have a hard enough time keeping up with TexAgs and my other screens and I'm not going to add another one. I'm going to remain here. However, it would be great if you could get IrishTXAggie back because he was a valuable member of our trading thread. It's up to you, but his contributions are missed.
E
AG
Prognightmare said:

However, it would be great if you could get IrishTXAggie back because he was a valuable member of our trading thread. It's up to you, but his contributions are missed.
spud1910
AG
I think this thread is awesome and is my most visited place on Texags. That will continue. I wanted to see what slack is like since I have never used it. I may be wrong, but I think it may be a little better suited for mobile use than Texags, but that may just be because I am old. For me, this thread is a first thing in the morning and again at night habit, while I see slack as more of an instant gratification thing, but not something I will spend a lot of time on.
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

WatchOle said:

There's nothing wrong with this thread but some people like Slack. Personally, I have a hard enough time keeping up with TexAgs and my other screens and I'm not going to add another one. I'm going to remain here. However, it would be great if you could get IrishTXAggie back because he was a valuable member of our trading thread. It's up to you, but his contributions are missed.
I agree on ITA. We are in a discord group together, but I miss him here.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Staying put on this thread, but wanted to chime in to support Irish's reinstatement.
Brewmaster
AG
WatchOle said:

I would second that note, all of it, especially bring back Irish. Can you just ban him from F16, but not here? LOL. We love our crazy Irishman! Slack is hard to beat for listing and seeing trades by others, but here is still a good place for chat (I'll do a bit of both).

cgh1999
AG
Isn't slack what you put in your line when you're trying to catch a big fish? I'll stick with texags. Working from home has limited my screen options.
Ragoo
AG
WatchOle said:

nothing wrong with this thread. Not sure why the move to slack.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
WatchOle said:

This thread has been great to me. Hopefully we keep it going.
ProgN
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

WatchOle said:

This thread will continue.
BrokeAssAggie
Prognightmare said:

WatchOle said:

I don't contribute much but I'm not leaving..
Cartographer
I don't think there's a lot of desire to leave sentiment here but there's a convenience and speed factor for many of us that work at pc's and can't keep browsers open all the time.

Also the mobile app for alerts and discussion is a game changer.

Still be here every day hitting F5 though.
TheVarian
AG
E said:

Prognightmare said:

However, it would be great if you could get IrishTXAggie back because he was a valuable member of our trading thread. It's up to you, but his contributions are missed.

Baby Billy
AG
wmitchell said:

We have a slack thread going - jump on.

I can send you an invite if you give me your email

I'd like an invite. prestonparker@aggienetwork.com
59 South
AG
Nothing wrong and I'm not leaving, but reinstating Irish and claym711 would be a good idea imo
tailgatetimer10
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

WatchOle said:

I don't contribute much but I'm not leaving..

I'm staying. I dont need another messaging app open.
tailgatetimer10
AG
WatchOle said:

I think people were just wanting a quicker way of messaging for calls and penny stocks.

Our only complaint is the banning of IrishTxAggie... Maybe a better way of issuing bans would be helpful, but he was a solid contributor.
Fishervet12
AG
I'd like an invite
debarnett12@yahoo.com
ProgN
59 South said:

Nothing wrong and I'm not leaving, but reinstating Irish and claym711 would be a good idea imo
I second the Claym reinstatement as well.

Brandon, we just want our group back, please help us out. Tensions from the Sully/race hoax apocalypse have died down.

'Let our people go".
Baby Billy
AG
This thread is the lifeblood of the B&I board. Without it, the board probably slowly withers away.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
59 South said:

Same here, going to do both. Slack is really great for organizing information and bringing in multimedia content. it's a better smart phone experience and private messaging is easier.

WatchOle - I agree that it would be great if you reinstated Irish, Clay, and egon. I'm sure that they said things that were inappropriate and I could see a little bit of moderator ego playing a part as well. I'll go on a limb and say that a separate slack channel wouldn't have been considered if there weren't bannings and the perceived threat of arbitrary bannings. This isn't new feedback for you. It's your site and you set the standards.
fooz
I'll continue to follow this thread and slack.
cjo03
AG
Prognightmare said:

59 South said:

I second the Claym reinstatement as well.

Brandon, we just want our group back, please help us out. Tensions from the Sully/race hoax apocalypse have died down.

'Let our people go".

I'm just glad clay didn't leave us leave us...
Post removed:
by user
gig em 02
WatchOle said:

Some of the posts here require instant notification for them to matter. There is also a lot here that doesn't need to be instant and I bet there will be a lot of people muted on the slack.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
TxAG#2011
Anyone subscribe to duckingmoney? Per his twitter he is killing it just wondering if he is just omitting all the losses
tailgatetimer10
AG
Also a vote for clay back. You see all this positivity here? It's about to cost your subscribers some decent coin. If clay was here he would tell everyone to chill the **** out and that his model is indicating a pull back.

Please don't cost us money.
0708aggie
AG
Agree nothing wrong an I'm still on both. I'm using slack to test it out.

Also agree to bring back Irish and clay. This thread has lost some traffic since those two have been gone.
wanderer
If you were just able to put out a TexAgs notification anytime oldarmy1 makes a post on this thread I'm fairly certain everyone would stick around.
Red Rover
AG
I don't doubt that he's killing it, but how much additional profit does he get from the twitter pump? Also having a monthly income on the side from subscribers is great. I'd like to look into a bunch of people paying me money to do what I was going to do anyway.
Boat Shoes
AG
Red Rover said:

I don't doubt that he's killing it, but how much additional profit does he get from the twitter pump? Also having a monthly income on the side from subscribers is great. I'd like to look into a bunch of people paying me money to do what I was going to do anyway.

I'm interested. What do you charge?
First Page Last Page
Page 1986 of 6399

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.