Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,534 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
astroaggie13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

From $12k to $11k in the same session. Btc is volatile

Anyway to see this in TOS?
TecRecAg
AG
Ah, yes if you're wanting shares I think now would be the time. I just don't know if it's going to run wild unless there is some incoming news about their products. Averaging $1 month gain since March so really just depends how long you want to hold and how much of your cash you want tied up in it.
Maedan86
AG
fooz said:

McInnis 03 said:

BTC just popped $12k

Edit: my bad....it's at 119xx
I need it to pull back before it runs so I can get back in MARA.
Here's your pullback Fooz...currently BTC at 11115 - down about 6%. Monday pre-market/AM should be interesting...I guess I'll still hang on.
Jet Black
So, buy more $mara tomorrow.
Philip J Fry
AG
TecRecAg said:

Ah, yes if you're wanting shares I think now would be the time. I just don't know if it's going to run wild unless there is some incoming news about their products. Averaging $1 month gain since March so really just depends how long you want to hold and how much of your cash you want tied up in it.

Just Monopoly money. Started with $500 on NIO and bailed at $1200. Figured I'd split that difference between ONTX and something I picked without OA just to see how it goes.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I have MARA but I do have what might be a dumb question. For investment purposes whats the difference between owning MARA and Bitcoin itself? If you want that action why not go directly to the source of the action and buy that (Bitcoin) instead of MARA? Does MARA have anything within it that can make it produce independent of Bitcoin?
Philip J Fry
AG
It's like owning gold vs a company that mines gold.

Or owning barrels of oil instead of a petroleum company.

Comes down to the overhead and electric costs needed to run the operation vs the price of the currency.
Brewmaster
AG
yep Philip is spot on... for me I'd rather jump in and out of MARA, more volatile and bigger swings, which means bigger profit.
McInnis 03
AG
astroaggie13 said:

McInnis 03 said:

From $12k to $11k in the same session. Btc is volatile

Anyway to see this in TOS?

I use dailyfx.com

https://www.dailyfx.com/bitcoin
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Thundergon
Just my two cents, but I would wait for a close above $6.58 before I went heavy long. Looks like it's in a bear flag in an overall uptrend with strong support at $5.71. I would consider going long if it holds and builds upon $5.71 if it continues the micro trend within the overall move. I looked at the hourly chart on 3-month time frame and the one year daily chart to determine this. Haven't researched anything about the company so this is just straight chart work.
Philip J Fry
AG
That's one thing I was curious about when it comes to technical trading. Do you just straight up ignore the huge hit we took earlier this year?
Thundergon
If you're talking about the covid hit, almost every stock took a hit around mid-late Feb. I like TA because it eliminates all bias, but that's only one part of trading. You still have to consider fundamentals, macro events, and market trend in conjunction with TA. For me, I'm not a long term holder/investor, so I don't focus so much on the fundamentals. I use support/resistance levels along with indicators to determine the highest probability setups based upon my strategy in order to strategize when to jump into a trade, when to exit, and how big a position to take.
Dan Scott
AG
Futures opened only -7. I was expecting bigger drop without a deal and getting close to resistance. Maybe the assumption is that they'll figure it out.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/03/microsoft-confirms-talks-to-buy-tiktok-in-us.html

Quote:

Microsoft on Sunday confirmed that it has held talks with Chinese technology ByteDance to acquire social app TIkTok in the U.S. from ByteDance. The company said it in a statement intends to finish the talks by September 15.

The statement comes two days after media outlets including CNBC reported that Microsoft was interested in acquiring the app, which is owned by Chinese company ByteDance. Soon after the reports emerged, President Trump said that he opposed the idea of Microsoft buying TikTok and that he would move to ban the app in the U.S.

The two companies have looked at Microsoft buying TikTok in the U.S. Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and Microsoft might offer other American investors to get involved in the acquisition, Microsoft said
McInnis 03
AG
Mpc selling speedway for $21B
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
Thundergon said:

If you're talking about the covid hit, almost every stock took a hit around mid-late Feb. I like TA because it eliminates all bias, but that's only one part of trading. You still have to consider fundamentals, macro events, and market trend in conjunction with TA. For me, I'm not a long term holder/investor, so I don't focus so much on the fundamentals. I use support/resistance levels along with indicators to determine the highest probability setups based upon my strategy in order to strategize when to jump into a trade, when to exit, and how big a position to take.
No idea who you are, but great posts. One of my new favorite posters here. Great stuff.
maybe someone who used to post in another forum that shall not be named?
Brewmaster
AG

food for thought for those that think they missed the OSTK train. OSTKO will be worth more in time...short time. I can't find HP's tweet, but basically they hint that once institutions load up on OSTKO it will skyrocket. It should be worth more than OSTK, certainly not at a discount.

I will be locking in profits on OSTK this week, possibly tomorrow and loading more OSTKO.

and CWH to the moon this week!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Why do you like cwh?
gig em 02
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Why do you like cwh?

RVs ain't cheap
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Who is ready for 3350+?

It's inevitable before any sort of drop.
Brewmaster
AG
gig em 02 said:

Why do you like cwh?

RVs ain't cheap
and their earnings are going to blow estimates out of the water. By double if my DD is right. Think about it too, RV's and campers have been selling like hot cakes through the pandemic. People want to get out and are tired of being cooped up. Also their CEO is a badass.
texagbeliever
BREwmaster said:

gig em 02 said:

Why do you like cwh?

RVs ain't cheap
and their earnings are going to blow estimates out of the water. By double if my DD is right. Think about it too, RV's and campers have been selling like hot cakes through the pandemic. People want to get out and are tired of being cooped up. Also their CEO is a badass.

Only fear would be bad debt and future earning misses once the resale market blows up.
Pignorant
AG
Did anyone on here buy LVGO?

My goodness that chart since February.
Thundergon
Just another engineer pretending to be a day trader.
topher06
S&P futures are green
tailgatetimer10
AG
I hope so. I'm starting to shed some holdings in the time being. This crap just doesn't feel right.
topher06
tailgatetimer10 said:

I hope so. I'm starting to shed some holdings in the time being. This crap just doesn't feel right.

Bruh we have people in this thread who've been 80%+ cash for a month cause it doesn't feel right. At least you held on til now, so congrats there.
khaos288
AG
topher06 said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Bruh we have people in this thread who've been 80%+ cash for a month cause it doesn't feel right. At least you held on til now, so congrats there.

I was almost all cash for awhile there. Now I've got my toes in enough that I've been making money. I've got a number in mind that if I can get to, I'll pull back heavily.
gougler08
AG
Bout 30% cash for me right now
Ragoo
AG
texagbeliever said:

BREwmaster said:

gig em 02 said:

Why do you like cwh?

RVs ain't cheap

Only fear would be bad debt and future earning misses once the resale market blows up.
need to also look and see if they report Good Sam subs too. I would think recurring cash flow could be an additional windfall from a large uptick in subs commensurate to an increase in unit sales.
Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

Bout 30% cash for me right now
about same or less for me. AAPL earnings and announcing the split was the confirmation for me to stay long (along with the SPX run Friday afternoon). I think now we see a test of 3400 before any sizeable pullback. I am hedged though with VXX commons and calls.

I think everyone's grandmother will be buying AAPL after the split, very appealing price point (regardless of it's already crazy run up). and as AAPL goes, the markets go.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
topher06 said:

S&P futures are green
There was a 99.9% chance they would be.
Rice and Fries
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/03/microsoft-confirms-talks-to-buy-tiktok-in-us.html

Quote:

Microsoft on Sunday confirmed that it has held talks with Chinese technology ByteDance to acquire social app TIkTok in the U.S. from ByteDance. The company said it in a statement intends to finish the talks by September 15.

The statement comes two days after media outlets including CNBC reported that Microsoft was interested in acquiring the app, which is owned by Chinese company ByteDance. Soon after the reports emerged, President Trump said that he opposed the idea of Microsoft buying TikTok and that he would move to ban the app in the U.S.

The two companies have looked at Microsoft buying TikTok in the U.S. Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and Microsoft might offer other American investors to get involved in the acquisition, Microsoft said

This could be a good options play me thinks.
fooz
Looks like SNSS made a small run pre-market. Would be nice to get out of that on top and buy more MARA if/when it dips.

eta: MARA already taking off pre-market, at $2.80
UpstateAg
AG
KODK dilution of 30 million shares.
First Page Last Page
Page 1964 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.