Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,490 Views | 224564 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by flashplayer
aggiedaniel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To add to my above post, the issue with NFLX was also that I didn't know the company very well. My due diligence was a tiny fraction of what I did for AMD before I invested in it.

Thereby another big lesson learned - The type of DD done mostly by retail is from a bird's eye view and they depend on the perceptions and opinions of analysts. I mean most of us wouldn't buy land or houses or other major investments without really getting our hands dirty, but with stocks we seem more than happy to.

That lack of real in-depth knowledge causes us to panic when we see huge price movements.

tsuag10
AG
I guess this is exactly why I've heard Buffett say, "We don't own stocks, we own a portion of a business we believe in."
aggiedaniel06
AG
God only knows why he believes in Wells Fargo!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Did anyone think we would never recover in 08 or 01?

I do think the post pandemic world is different. Companies are getting lean and there are lots of jobs not coming back plus lots of bankruptcies. Work from home is much more accepted. That will have huge implications for energy, commercial real estate, travel, clothing, furniture, auto makers, construction, etc.

Can you imagine going to a conference?
amg1996
AG
Does anyone have any insight on the floods in China and the situation brewing at Three Gorges Dam? Even if the Dam holds this could have an affect on agriculture and pharma supply chain? Seeing how the CCP handled Covid news I'm not too confident in their reporting on this. I know Irish has facilities in China but seeing as F16 took him down I'm hoping someone else can contribute information.
gig em 02
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Did anyone think we would never recover in 08 or 01?

I do think the post pandemic world is different. Companies are getting lean and there are lots of jobs not coming back plus lots of bankruptcies. Work from home is much more accepted. That will have huge implications for energy, commercial real estate, travel, clothing, furniture, auto makers, construction, etc.

Can you imagine going to a conference?

Hotels and airlines won't return to normal for years and SPG should be a penny stock.
gig em 02
aggiedaniel06 said:

To add to my above post, the issue with NFLX was also that I didn't know the company very well. My due diligence was a tiny fraction of what I did for AMD before I invested in it.

Thereby another big lesson learned - The type of DD done mostly by retail is from a bird's eye view and they depend on the perceptions and opinions of analysts. I mean most of us wouldn't buy land or houses or other major investments without really getting our hands dirty, but with stocks we seem more than happy to.

That lack of real in-depth knowledge causes us to panic when we see huge price movements.

I thought Redbox was going to kill Netflix but they pulled off the transition to streaming
docaggie
AG
Wasn't that also about the time that Netflix was spending huge sums of money on original and leased content?
I remember for sure in 2018 that there were a lot of analysts saying that their money spend on content wasn't sustainable.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tsuag10
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

God only knows why he believes in Wells Fargo!
I've wondered about that one too
ProgN
Kudlow says coronavirus relief will include $1,200 checks and extension of eviction moratorium

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/26/kudlow-says-coronavirus-relief-will-include-1200-checks-and-extension-of-eviction-moratorium.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Kudlow says coronavirus relief will include $1,200 checks and extension of eviction moratorium

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/26/kudlow-says-coronavirus-relief-will-include-1200-checks-and-extension-of-eviction-moratorium.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

I could see a good compromise here. A stimulus pointed much more to the people (a lot of flak has been thrown for how much was thrown at businesses in comparison on the first), would be nice. An extension but reduction in extra benefit is probably the middle ground. There's a lot of potential for a good execution of a transition to normal plan.

I'm sure they'll **** it up.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Seems like a lot of people I know that have been employeed this whole time have been saving a lot more money and still getting these checks.

Jet Black
khaos288 said:

Prognightmare said:

I could see a good compromise here. A stimulus pointed much more to the people (a lot of flak has been thrown for how much was thrown at businesses in comparison on the first), would be nice. An extension but reduction in extra benefit is probably the middle ground. There's a lot of potential for a good execution of a transition to normal plan.

I'm sure they'll **** it up.
Brewmaster
AG
I wouldn't chase it Monday, but if SNSS runs hard premarket, I will sell half or more and sit on the rest net free. I believe they also got an extension on the delisting (need 10 days above $1). @RadioSilentplay and Iamjohn are big on it now (and think buyout). Not holding my breath, definitely take profits
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24R0IN
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Some good ones to play this week

McInnis 03
AG
Starting to think, put them all and the ratio will pay off the losers
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm down.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Condor / iron fly on all?
CheladaAg
AG
Interesting article on the way AMZN has washed out competition over the years, IP theft all over the place IMO. Seems like they can get into some serious trouble as the Feds are still reviewing many of these cases.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-tech-startup-echo-bezos-alexa-investment-fund-11595520249?st=mjz0hdbx2vcl94k
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

gig em 02 said:

Snss went from .35 to .5 after hours I NEED ANSWERS JUST THROW THAT SMOLLIET FAKE AG IN JAIL AND GIVE ME SNSS ANSWERS
yeah the patent with BIIB as another poster mentioned, also buyout rumors, but those could just be rumors.

More importantly, lots of bullish technical indicators firing on it. Also the volume AH was legit, not just a few shares type pump.

It's a .50 buy right now premarket for tomorrow. (So way off the .33-35 initially talked about.)

Is .50 coming in too late on this thing?
Proposition Joe
IP theft of broad ideas is very hard to prove, and I imagine if there's any company that has it's i's dotted and t's crossed when it comes to protecting themselves, it's Amazon.

Most of it can be filed under "damn, we probably should have protected ourselves better before going to a company and telling them our ideas".
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So I looked at futures at 6:30 and they looked so promising, then I went and got in the pool for a couple hours and now I'm annoyed
gougler08
AG

So I looked at futures at 6:30 and they looked so promising, then I went and got in the pool for a couple hours and now I'm annoyed

Flipped to green I guess?
ProgN

It's actually better if the futures open green and then sell off aggressively. That is better confirmation of a reversal.
McInnis 03
AG
Mondays are for gappin up
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

It's a .50 buy right now premarket for tomorrow. (So way off the .33-35 initially talked about.)

it's a little late, don't chase it - I would watch it at open. If it doesn't run pre-market, you may get a pullback entry after the open if you want it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Prognightmare said:

It's actually better if the futures open green and then sell off aggressively. That is better confirmation of a reversal.

I hope so
WoMD
AMD have room to keep running?
khaos288
AG
WoMD said:

Bigly
tailgatetimer10
AG
Before Intel broke this news I was going to sell a good portion at 75.. Now I'm gonna let that baby run
Rice and Fries
khaos288 said:

WoMD said:

Bigly

All hail Su Bae
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

it's a little late, don't chase it - I would watch it at open. If it doesn't run pre-market, you may get a pullback entry after the open if you want it.
So I've been following him the last few days now and I cannot tell if he's posting his predictions before after hours jumps, or after the jumps have already happened. For instance tonight he posted about BFCH looking up and that stock is showing +20% in after hours. So I'm not sure if he's making a prediction, or just making an observation at times and trying to take credit for a prediction?

Same with SWRM. Up 15% but not sure if he picked that increase, or if he's just taking credit or observing it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
By the way, we should be worried about the US dollar. Fed loses power the more this declines.
Rice and Fries
SLV is up over $22
First Page Last Page
Page 1937 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.