Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,599 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by sts7049
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
59 South said:

I've been thinking about rotating some profits into a couple miners GOLD and NEM. Thoughts? I don't know much about them but understand these are two of the best?
GDX?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
AgShaun00
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Grown Pear said:

What securities are you using to invest in gold? I'm not very familiar investing in commodities
AEM, CEF, FSM, GDX, GOLD, KL, MAG, NEM, OR, PAAS, SAND (buy up to 10), SPOXF, SVM, VNNHF

GOLD is my biggest winner up 115%. I like that another newsletter recommends to buy now up to $35. could be huge for me.

NEM, up 87%

Gold is one of the biggest miner out there. GDX is a miner ETF.

PAAS is a strong silver one. I subscribed to a few newsletter on gold and silver. Says buy up to 30. SVM and FSM are newest buys for me.

KL and AEm are two I might start to unload as they aren't performing as well.

I am in most of these still. Been a good run. SPXF is no SII and really bounced lately after getting on the NYSE
deadbq03
AG
AgShaun00 said:

deadbq03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Buy GLD.
PSA: GLD (and other physical metal etfs) are taxed as collectibles, not like traditional capital gains.

For long term gains, they get taxed at 28% instead of the much lower 15% (or 20% for you whales); for short term gains, they get taxed as regular income (like regular cap gains)

So from a tax perspective, for poors like me in the 24% bracket or lower, it's counter-intuitive: it's actually better to treat it as a short term investment and get taxed at the income level rather than hold it long and get taxed at 28%.

For long term investors, it may be worth considering very long-dated options - these are taxed at normal long-term cap gains (assuming you don't let it exercise).

Or just trade it in your IRAs and don't worry
or buy strong mining companies that are on an absolute tear right now. Been my best performing stocks this year. Most of mine are up 50-120% YTD
True. Or GDX if you're like me and suck at picking winners.

I mentioned it on another thread, but it's a shame Credit Suisse delisted UGLD - that's really how I made my gold money early this year. NUGT is too volatile for me.
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgShaun00
AG
59 South said:

I've been thinking about rotating some profits into a couple miners GOLD and NEM. Thoughts? I don't know much about them but understand these are two of the best?
newer one for me and oa mentioned also is CDE. I also got into NG recently. It hasn't had the run yet that other are. GOLD is still hot as PAAS. Those are two of the best miners out there and you can see by their stock performance. NEM is great and I am up 97% on that one. Gold i am up 126% and Paas 120%.
59 South
AG
Great, thanks. Depending on how the next few days go I may be unloading more shares of JD and maybe NIO and SQ as well. Thinking the miners may be a good place to park the profits until we get some clarity on medium term direction.
BrokeAssAggie
ZEST

https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=17145253&gfv=1
AgShaun00
AG
59 South said:

Great, thanks. Depending on how the next few days go I may be unloading more shares of JD and maybe NIO and SQ as well. Thinking the miners may be a good place to park the profits until we get some clarity on medium term direction.
I usually sell half to get net free, but I am riding these out especially when we added a few more trillion of stimulus. I think the run will continue even more. Stansberry Research has some great newsletters on gold and silver that actually breaks down the mines the companies have and what the book value of the companies have in gold reserve. Still a lot of room to run.
AgShaun00
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

1.10? That can't be good.
TecRecAg
AG
Up over $4 AH
Dr. Horrible
Ouch.
59 South
AG
Good stuff, appreciate the info. I admit, I just recently started looking into them. Seems like sensible investing at this point given the recent tech runs and inherent elevated risks the broader market will be subject to the next few months.
BrokeAssAggie
AgShaun00 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

I'm still reading over. What you referring to?
AgShaun00
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

I'm still reading over. What you referring to?
5.8 M with a maximum purchase price of 1.1. Maybe not so bad, but I guess they had existing warrants that are now being exercised at 1.10.
BrokeAssAggie
Ahh, I have seen anything about WMT..
deadbq03
AG
Will this present a good opportunity to buy?
BrokeAssAggie
up 6.5%....
thirdcoast
AG
59 South said:

That's pretty typical with long consolidation boxes. I was all over it and planning to likely add Friday morning. What's not typical is a rocket ship after hours the day of the retest so I missed the add window for now!

Thanks 59, I picked up a couple 7/24 $62 AMD calls at yesterday's close for 10cents..... wondering if I need to sell at open or if it might run a bit today.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
AgShaun00 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

Is someone viewing this as a good sign?

Why would they be diluting their shares if a settlement is soon? Are insiders buying?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
GigEmRangers75455
Fightin_Aggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

Why would they be diluting their shares if a settlement is soon? Are insiders buying?

Still digging but I believe that's what's happening. I think insiders are buying these up before the uplist to the NYSE and or settlement in August.
McInnis 03
AG
thirdcoast said:

59 South said:

That's pretty typical with long consolidation boxes. I was all over it and planning to likely add Friday morning. What's not typical is a rocket ship after hours the day of the retest so I missed the add window for now!

Thanks 59, I picked up a couple 7/24 $62 AMD calls at yesterday's close for 10cents..... wondering if I need to sell at open or if it might run a bit today.
Sell 1, keep the other as a small lotto.

B&I Key:
djmeen95
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

The filing was an amended filing, so the warrants, I believe, were laid out several weeks ago. Not sure what it means, but that stock isn't trading basis underlying company value. It's WMT settlement or nothing.
AgShaun00
AG
Spot Gold at 1900 for first time since 2011.
texagbeliever
TQQQ looks to open below the 21 VMA today. The last 2 times it opened below 21 day VMA (6/15, 6/29) it closed up from the open up to the 8 day VMA/EMA and would go on a run the following few days.

Interesting one to watch for direction play.
PPAag06
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

Still digging but I believe that's what's happening. I think insiders are buying these up before the uplist to the NYSE and or settlement in August.
NOT SAYING THIS IS FACT, but this is indicative of them getting their house in order. This is very normal in a sell transaction. This is also not "new" news so don't make any rash decisions based on it.
GigEmRangers75455
PPAag06 said:

Aggies75455 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

AgShaun00 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ZEST

NOT SAYING THIS IS FACT, but this is indicative of them getting their house in order. This is very normal in a sell transaction. This is also not "new" news so don't make any rash decisions based on it.

Good news. Yea I've just been trying to figure out if these were new or not. The 1.10 and the 5.8 or so million looked like the same amounts on the warrants from May so wasn't sure. I'm holding no matter what until this thing is completely done.
59 South
AG
Running for now, what a play! congrats!
gig em 02
thirdcoast said:

59 South said:

TecRecAg
AG
So you're buying the pappy?
BrokeAssAggie
Keep accumulating QD?
thirdcoast
AG
59 South said:

Running for now, what a play! congrats!

Thanks super lucky, just expecting a run today not the AH pop on INTC news...Sold 10 contracts @ $4.25 and got an order for last 5 @ $5.75.

Andy07
AG
I had AMD $57 8/21 calls that I was going to hold to run-up until earnings but took profit this morning.

I'll look to get back in if there's a pullback prior to earnings.
UpstateAg
AG
Out of vxx. Covered calls might be bought back today if they lose another 25% premium.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
exited AXP for a small gain.

Waiting on INTC to recover some.
GigEmRangers75455
CrazyRichAggie said:

Keep accumulating QD?

Wondering the same. I'm averaged at 2.02
First Page Last Page
Page 1931 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.