Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,082,369 Views | 224434 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My bet is that it suffers the same fate as SNAP.

COVID, election, protests, etc could be driving up their DAU. However, Trumps "battle" with them could have eaten away at that number so could be a wash.
topher06
Prognightmare said:

gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

I know not everyone ventures to F16 very much, but the thread "War with China" is a good read and really informative if you're interested.

It would definitely hurt world markets.

Not posting this for debate on this thread, just letting you guys know.
Assuming the burning documents is true, I am really surprised at the way the market has acted today. I guess we have to wait until tonight's earnings for the big moves.
China said they would retaliate. I believe the market is waiting to see what their retaliation might be.

ETA: It would be a Chinalike move to announce something after the close that would put pressure on the futures and stoke fear in investors not being able to sell their positions.
Those motherf****rs are going to shut down another Tyson plant, aren't they? Damn you to hell Xi.
PA24
AG
Going to try a different method to make a profit.

Rather than buy when stocks are rising...I am going to buy when they are down.

Might work.

Oil stocks are down yet oil is climbing.

Loaded up with
MRO
NS
XOM
TPL

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
anyone going to hold TSLA calls through earnings?
texagbeliever
Let me go send the brinks truck to purchase 1 call $250 OTM.
pacecar02
sitting on a vertical right now......debating

sold the 1505 bought the 1460 put
docaggie
AG
Not to mention their ban on paid political ads is going to affect their bottom line.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis 03
AG
Where's Daniel? Is today the day to load up on VIX or VXX calls? Does the climb start tomorrow?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
20%

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
krosch11
AG
OA mentioned this a few weeks ago. Ive flipped the december 7.5 calls a couple of times now. Sell them when they break 1.30 and buy them back at half or less . Might have to start pushing past december as we move into August, but they have worked well for me.
pacecar02
yeah, saw something similar yesterday, 320pts.....eesh and 10% would be 160...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
paper hands, sold my 1500C @ 174
gig em 02
$30,000 Millionaire said:

paper hands, sold my 1500C @ 174
could've opened tomorrow at 0 or 500 and i wouldnt be surprised either way
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I was sitting on 5 calls - I asked myself if I really wanted to risk 65K.
McInnis 03
AG
That TOS DING, I love it!

Sitting here doing real work when I see that my broken wing SPX fly just went net credit into a standard butterfly. let's pin 3275, shall we?!

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Nice little APT bump on this information.

B&I Key:
Jet Black
ONTX back over $1.20
Colt98
AG
Pretty sure I'm going to sell my tsla call before close.... so I feel like gambling here?
AgEng06
AG
So how do you manage that APT butterfly? Do you close different legs depending on how it's moving, or close the whole thing at once? What are you looking to get out of the trade?
Spaceship
AG
GOCO is moving
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

So how do you manage that APT butterfly? Do you close different legs depending on how it's moving, or close the whole thing at once? What are you looking to get out of the trade?
This one is just getting started my friend, I'm not touching it unless something dramatic happens. It's going to live in my account for awhile. No real significant change on it yet, it's up a few bucks, but that's not why we came to that party.

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
exited microsoft 210C
ProgN
GOP considers reducing extra unemployment benefit to $400 per month

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/22/coronavirus-stimulus-republicans-consider-unemployment-insurance-extension.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Touchless
AG
Ah, got it. I thought you were referring to how many days it would be below $1. Thanks for clarifying.
tsuag10
AG
tsuag10 said:

I grabbed some 60/65 call spreads (Friday exp) this morning early. I'll hopefully get to net free by this afternoon and see what tomorrow brings.
Is there any reason I shouldn't hold these overnight and see if AMD keeps running tomorrow? Or should I take my profit this afternoon?
pacecar02
tsla earnings call

McInnis 03
AG
Sold the TSLA iron condor.

1300p/1310p
1890c/1900c

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
That filled way too fast. Should have gotten more premium.

B&I Key:
aggiedaniel06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

anyone going to hold TSLA calls through earnings?
I'm staying far away, but one way or the other it's going to break r/wallstreetbets

It's going to be a binary event. If they show a Q2 GAAP profit, this thing is going to go ballistic over the next week and if not I expect it back to the $1000 range within a few weeks.

FWIW, Elon has been very cocky on Twitter and last time he acted like that, TSLA rocketed.
jeromePOWell
AG
Good buying point for ADI at the 113 level for anyone looking for ideas for a longer term investment
aggiedaniel06
AG
Not yet but we are getting close. So far it's been sector rotation from tech/momo to value. This merry-go-round has been going on for a few weeks now. We'll see if it rotates back to Tech or out the door on the next go around.
AgEng06
AG
PFE having a day.
ClutchCityAg
Decided to go net free on TSLA (partial shares lol) before close today, now just gonna let it ride
Let it ride
gougler08
AG
So I have a good chunk of cash in my taxable account in 2 mutual funds (FCNTX and FSELX) and they've both done well over the past few years. My company is now allowing us to have a lot more say in our 401k investing and so I'm looking to do mutual fund investing there instead of the taxable account (at least for part of it).

I don't necessarily want the funds in both accounts so should I sell and take the tax hit on the taxable account and then just invest in the funds with the 401k account, should I keep cash in both, or any other bright ideas on what to do here?
TxAG#2011
LFG Elon put us on the moon
First Page Last Page
Page 1922 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.