Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,982,156 Views | 224077 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by CC09LawAg
AgsnFly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TecRecAg said:

This may have been asked before but I'm curious.. what time frequency do you guys use for your candles? 1,5, 15 min? longer?

15min, 30min, 1hr, 4hr, 1d, 2d and weekly. Monthly when it makes sense
BrokeAssAggie
What's this all about, OA?
oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

What's this all about, OA?

CHNG? It bottomed and has begun it's move up. Posted Friday my starting to accumulate with largest buys under $10
59 South
AG
Here's a pic to go along with OA's macro post.

I always keep this up to date to have a good feel for macro. Could also use SPX but I just use SPY. When I started keeping up with this and doing a quick end of day and start of day check, it made things really slow down for me while also allowing for a better night's sleep when craziness like yesterday's close occur.

Bottom line, know the important levels, gaps, trendlines and key EMAs. Those seem to always get mucho respect. I have no idea why but they do over and over again. It really puts it all in perspective especially when you're looking at shorter term active sequences that can be a bit stressful if you let them be.

BrokeAssAggie
Rice and Fries
Moderna had great virus trials news. It's mooning.
gougler08
AG
SPY following
Carlo4
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I hope they did, but this is the boy that cried wolf to me. It's just a way to pump their stocks up again, get retail investors like Tesla did, and then make more money selling high.

YNWA_AG
AG
Starting phase 3 on July 27
Carlo4
AG
Prognightmare said:

Disclaimer: I don't believe this post but it would have an effect on the markets. This was posted on an f16 thread today.

Quote:

I heard from usually reliable people who work with the government in Austin. He is announcing tomorrow and the lockdown begins Friday. They were waiting until after the election today.
Regarding a Texas lockdown
lol thank goodness we got one more day in of people crowding for elections.

If that's true, the market is a mirage again as about 10 more states will close by then on Texas announcement.
Ragoo
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Starting phase 3 on July 27

the "Robust" episode of Veep is one of my favorites.
binsy
AG
Carlo4 said:

Rice and Fries said:

I hope they did, but this is the boy that cried wolf to me. It's just a way to pump their stocks up again, get retail investors like Tesla did, and then make more money selling high.

I agree. I thought they were caught overstating things before.
E
AG
Anyone follow WFC? They had a bad earnings report to start the day but I take it their call was optimistic as the price went up in the afternoon
Rice and Fries
binsy said:

Carlo4 said:

Rice and Fries said:

I agree. I thought they were caught overstating things before.
Sounds like this is just basically a confirmation of the perceived hype from the early summer news release.
deadbq03
AG
If the tweet I saw is true then they have results posted in a proper journal... making it substantially more valid than last time.
Cartographer
This. Also if you happened to be in it you made bank.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

Disclaimer: I don't believe this post but it would have an effect on the markets. This was posted on an f16 thread today.

Quote:

I heard from usually reliable people who work with the government in Austin. He is announcing tomorrow and the lockdown begins Friday. They were waiting until after the election today.

I believe this is legit, but in a different form. I believe gov is gonna allow county officials to do what they feel is needed. This news might shake things.

I hedged a bit today in case
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

Quote:

I believe this is legit, but in a different form. I believe gov is gonna allow county officials to do what they feel is needed. This news might shake things.

I hedged a bit today in case
Abbott would dig his own political grave if he shuts things back down. Not saying it won't happen or he may punt to the counties, but he might as well count down his final days if he does
oldarmy1
AG
Hello hard break! All you people who went with the SPY out/call trade are gonna be happy.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Hello hard break! All you people who went with the SPY out/call trade are gonna be happy.
yeah I went with the spy put put trade, lol. made some on CWH though, so at least have that
AGSmith
AG
I'm holding the T 7/17 30c (my first options buy). It went up Friday after I bought it, but I held over the weekend and it came down yesterday before I could get out with gains. With it hovering around 30, is there any point when I should cut bait, or should I hold into Friday?
Ragoo
AG
I bought NET $30c leaps out next January.

I am trying to sell covered calls for August against them. Anyone know how to do this? Fidelity is telling me I cannot sell the calls because it thinks it is marginable instead of covered.
AGSmith
AG
My understanding is that by the letter the calls aren't covered, so while technically covered by the leap, it is considered selling a naked call.
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo said:

I am trying to sell covered calls for August against them. Anyone know how to do this? Fidelity is telling me I cannot sell the calls because it thinks it is marginable instead of covered.

Sold call must be $30 or higher. This is in effect a diagonal spread.
Ragoo
AG
ROKU 8EMA is crossing the 21EMA on the 1hr chart
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ragoo said:

Sold call must be $30 or higher. This is in effect a diagonal spread.
trying to sell the $40 call. How do I get them "paired" up?
HoustonAg2014
AG
What does this mean? I have seen it mentioned but still trying to learn.
tsuag10
AG
AGSmith said:

I'm holding the T 7/17 30c (my first options buy). It went up Friday after I bought it, but I held over the weekend and it came down yesterday before I could get out with gains. With it hovering around 30, is there any point when I should cut bait, or should I hold into Friday?

https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/calculator/long-call.html
Ragoo
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

my green line is the 8 day moving average. The teal line is the 21 day moving average. The red line is 200 day average.

On the 1 hour chart the green line is beginning to cross back over the 21 day moving average. Generally a bullish sign. I bought 150c looking for a move tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
Before we all go 100% into calls, remember the last time we hit 323 (June 10th). June 11th we hit 300, the following Monday (which were notoriously bad in March for hard pre-market drops) we hit 295.

Monthly options expire friday as well -- always causes some shenanigans.

stay hedged my friends!

ProgN
BREwmaster said:

Before we all go 100% into calls, remember the last time we hit 323 (June 10th). June 11th we hit 300, the following Monday (which were notoriously bad in March for hard pre-market drops) we hit 295.

Monthly options expire friday as well -- always causes some shenanigans.

stay hedged my friends!

I want to see what the market does in the late morning and afternoon after the initial surge.
YNWA_AG
AG
What happened to prsp?
khaos288
AG
Ragoo said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

my green line is the 8 day moving average. The teal line is the 21 day moving average. The red line is 200 day average.

On the 1 hour chart the green line is beginning to cross back over the 21 day moving average. Generally a bullish sign. I bought 150c looking for a move tomorrow.

What was the study you used for the daily averages? I couldn't get mine to draw right.
krosch11
AG
In TOS it's called MovAvgExponential for EMA.

If he's using daily it's DMA I believe

Ragoo
AG
krosch11 said:

In TOS it's called MovAvgExponential for EMA.

If he's using daily it's DMA I believe

i misspoke. It is the EMA you posted.
First Page Last Page
Page 1888 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.