Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,017,942 Views | 224187 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
TriumphForks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A profound thank you to those of y'all who pointed out the 8/21 EMA pattern. I have looked at a ton of charts today where this pattern applies. Another tool in the tool box thanks to this thread.
leoj
AG
Fireman
AG
OA - you still accumulating CHNG?
tam2002
AG
Anyone adding to ONTX today?
TecRecAg
AG
59 South said:

SPY needs 314.62 to negate bearish engulfing.
Touched it for all of 2 seconds
ClutchCityAg
TikTok is going down, unsure how that could affect FB, TWTR, etc.

I would guess most of their top influencers go to twitter, if they aren't already there.
Let it ride
59 South
AG
Look at ROKU toying with 150 like a kitten with a ball of yarn.
binsy
AG
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Has anyone else been riding AMZN calls with me the past two weeks? I recklessly went all in and it's getting to the point where it's a life changing amount for me and my young family. Student loans may be completely paid off now. I don't want to get greedy and mess it up.

Question is, should we sell before earnings call? I know amazon fell short last quarter, but I know Bezos likes to reinvest earnings to limit tax liabilities and the market seems to not care too much. Thoughts?
Pignorant
AG
What is your realistic end of year price for ROKU?
khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

Makes sense, thank you!

I'm going to hold into tomorrow and see if AMD gives back to ~55, and then if I'm going to get called out, I'll roll.
and it keeps running of course
Bird Poo
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

I would guess most of their top influencers go to twitter, if they aren't already there.
My kids love this app (they do not have accounts). Last night they were talking about it being taken down. That platform is extremely popular and I wonder what alternatives are out there that compile 30 second clips of goofy videos.
TecRecAg
AG
binsy said:

Has anyone else been riding AMZN calls with me the past two weeks? I recklessly went all in and it's getting to the point where it's a life changing amount for me and my young family. Student loans may be completely paid off now. I don't want to get greedy and mess it up.

Question is, should we sell before earnings call? I know amazon fell short last quarter, but I know Bezos likes to reinvest earnings to limit tax liabilities and the market seems to not care too much. Thoughts?
Exactly. I think your plan of action here is to sell enough of it to pay off your student loans. Then, as you aren't having to pay those monthly bills, reinvest that money and start over. Get up big (if you can) and pay off something else. Rinse and repeat. Paying off interest bearing loans is infinitely better than hoping and praying that the market reacts well to AMZN's earnings.

My $.02.
bigbass1170
AG
If I had a life changing amount of money there for the taking, I'd take it and change my life.
SpeedyAg90
AG
Just bought some puts on SPCE
59 South
AG
Pignorant said:

What is your realistic end of year price for ROKU?

Conservatively 200+. I hate price targets tbh. I predict range of 200-300 by year end.
HoustonAg2014
AG
59 South said:

Don't you dare jinx this one cause it could still fail!

Ps: I'm working on an ensemble of gifs and YouTube videos that involve America tributes, the war hymn and spiking footballs...

ETA go look at those emas on this one and how they are set up with a fan starting mid June... then go back and look at the last time they started looking like that with that set up.
I wish I took my own advice and bought calls... I had a haunch last night and could not sleep. Biggest portfolio day of my life and that includes the yolo amazon calls back in Jan/Feb
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
joined OA on PFE - thank you as usual

Also, go TSLA go. ha.
Bird Poo
AG
binsy said:

Be sure to understand the short term gains tax for this trade.
birks
Another long time lurker here to post.

I've been riding Alibaba since $176. Debating reducing my position to net out and reinvesting elsewhere.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
agree here. if it's life changing to the positive, take profits so it doesn't turn into life changing regret. Take some or all off the table, but if you can use it to knock out a milestone like student loans I'd do that for sure
ProgN
binsy said:

Please post more, BEFORE you make a fortune.

Damn nice trade sir and I'm not in it but wow, much respect.

Personally, the LIFE CHANGING home run that you can bank should give you your answer. Those types of trades are rare. Why gamble on the earnings?

I'd sell it and change my young family's life.

JMO
59 South
AG
Don't get me started on what I almost did last night. Not at my computer now to write it out but y'all may wake up to a good story tomorrow morning that is similar.
Barty Dont Hedge
210ag said:

I've been riding Alibaba since $176. Debating reducing my position to net out and reinvesting elsewhere.
I am no expert by any means so take this with a shaker of salt, but BABA has a squeeze that is firing on the Daily and Weekly. It could run for a couple weeks still. Obviously no guarantees, it could crater tomorrow but the signs I see show it continuing to climb.
59 South
AG
What Prog says!
59 South
AG
I know I'm probably a permabull overall and also on AMZN but this is just silly.

I mean, the biggest companies in the world aren't supposed to go parabolic right?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
59 South said:

What Prog says!
ditto.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
59 South said:

I know I'm probably a permabull overall and also on AMZN but this is just silly
this is hilarious in my opinion. Tesla is the one that is amusing to me. I'm trading it long for the F of it. I've made ~$10K today just on Tesla.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

59 South said:

AMD another breakout to big resistance, I think the cat is now out of the bag on this one too. I'm hoping for a little consolidation today now and will look to double my position tomorrow hopefully around 55-56 range. I would love to get it under 55 but it may not stop. First entry was 54 last week.
welp, I'll be getting called out of my weeklies for AMD covered calls

ROLLLLLLL
how do you execute that?

Buy back the one you've sold and sell a new one further out of it makes financial sense
Is it good strategy to wait until closer to the bell on Friday? There's a slight chance I don't get called out still.

Otherwise I could buy to close for 1.4, and sell to open another for next week for 1.18.
I'm rolling my NIO 10.5 calls out a couple weeks and raising them to 14, will take a small loss on the buy to close / sell to open piece, but get the extra $3.50/share so comes out ahead
So I ended up with the following on this:

Originally sold 10.5 covered calls for $0.70
Bought back at $4.00
Resold July 31 16 covered calls for $2.40

Overall lost $0.90 on this piece but then if called out, will get an extra $5.5/share so works out well in the long run
59 South
AG
I need the Larry David gif here. I mean, don't fight momentum. I understand how AMZN can be valued at what it is. I still can't understand TSLA and have never touched it.
ProgN
PearlJammin said:

binsy said:

Be sure to understand the short term gains tax for this trade.
WGAF about short term gains if he's made a mint? Think of the pressure he can remove from his family, permanently, by selling. Even if he gets hit with a tax bill that he can't meet, he can set up repayment program to the IRS.
binsy
AG
Thanks for talking sense into me ya'll. I'm going to sell 3/4s of my contracts and lock in the gains. I've just sold too early so many times and it's painful to see how much you could have made.

It's probably a small amount to a lot of people on here, but getting from under student loans ( 7% interest) will be huge.
59 South
AG
Congrats brother. Welcome to the board and please stay and contribute. It is safe here!
ProgN
210ag said:

1) Lurkers shouldn't be timid about posting. This is the most accepting, helpful place on TexAgs.

2) You will never go broke taking a profit.

3) "Bulls and bears make money, pigs get slaughtered" is longtime wall street advice.

4) What if Trump puts tariffs on China for covid? What if there's a terrorist attack and the markets close for several days like in 2001? How pissed would you be if the market opened up limit down and BABA is cut in half?

Moral of the story, You will never pick the top or the bottom. Being over greedy leads to more losses because you'll try so hard to get back what you had, IF you would have sold.

JMO
texagbeliever
binsy said:

Thanks for talking sense into me ya'll. I'm going to sell 3/4s of my contracts and lock in the gains. I've just sold too early so many times and it's painful to see how much you could have made.

It's probably a small amount to a lot of people on here, but getting from under student loans ( 7% interest) will be huge.
Trust me selling gains and missing out is much better feeling than waiting and watching it all go away. Ask me how i know (see June 9th/10th )
Ragoo
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

what do you mean going down?
First Page Last Page
Page 1867 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.