Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,392 Views | 224616 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bird Poo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1
AG
http://imgur.com/L061EkF

<iframe class="imgur-embed" width="100%" height="480" frameborder="0" src="v#embed"></iframe>
claym711
AG
S&P close to breaching the 50 day
Harkrider 93
AG
Just read an article that stated this recent rally is mostly due to short covering. I should know this, but if a market rally is mostly due to a short covering, does that mean a market drop is mostly due to shorting?
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
Post 600 - Bull/Bear lines drawn. DOW 17500 and S&P 2040 support on watch for any breakdown. Long way to drop if those breach with any follow through.

Pasquale Liucci
AG
Pre market action in the red. Going to be interesting to see where we close.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
quote:
S&P close to breaching the 50 day
Looks like we opened right under it.
bmks270
AG
Individual stocks seem all over the place.
claym711
AG
If you pull up a chart looking back to 1990, it seems very obvious, to me, that there is a QE bubble, along with the Dotcom and Housing bubbles. Monetary policy, along with the technicals noted here by others...I'm pretty convinced we see some serious downside action.
Old Buffalo
AG
We're also in the point of history where technology is making its greatest advances. So before we start blaming monetary policy, let's consider all the variables.
oldarmy1
AG
Solid last couple of posts.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
Of my 262 data points 238 are red. The granular jobs data clicked off the last 32 of the 238. When all 262 go red I post my reversal call and what people do with that info is up to them. What I do with it is trade extremely large volumes with confidence that the direction is set.

But you are right on with the 2040. It breaches that and rubber bands back quickly.
larryj41
Randy,
Do you have an app or software with these data ponts you are using or are they something you have devised? I
would be very interested in knowing what they are and how to use them if you want to share. If not, I completely understand. You are the man when it comes to making money.
oldarmy1
AG
It is something I've developed over the years that I wouldn't want to share.
Woody2006
AG
quote:

Have you never had any interest in running other people's money using these strategies? It seems odd to me to have the secret sauce and not want to multiply your money-making potential exponentially.
Post removed:
by user
Woody2006
AG
quote:
If you can make a ton of money with your own system why manage it for others. Managing for others comes with a ton of headaches not to mention potential legal liability and lawsuit risk.

... and reporting requirements. I get why someone might not want to run a fund if they are worried their strategy might not pan out. However, the ability to become wealthy beyond imagination exists for someone who really can correctly time markets. I'm curious why old army doesn't run a fund -- not generic possibilities of why someone might not do so.
SlackerAg
AG
Would a single family office (SFO) structure simplify some of hassles?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
quote:
If you can make a ton of money with your own system why manage it for others. Managing for others comes with a ton of headaches not to mention potential legal liability and lawsuit risk.

... and reporting requirements. I get why someone might not want to run a fund if they are worried their strategy might not pan out. However, the ability to become wealthy beyond imagination exists for someone who really can correctly time markets. I'm curious why old army doesn't run a fund -- not generic possibilities of why someone might not do so.
Fund management isn't something I'd be interested in doing. I have 36 accounts of family members and long-time acquaintances that are traded simultaneously. Even with that few there are times where my regular business prevents me from trading at optimum times. While this is no hobby it's not as enjoyable as other businesses.

Woody2006
AG
Thanks for the response.
larryj41
quote:
I completely understand that. I am thankful for all the knowledge you share on this board.
claym711
AG
Very low volume on this big green candle.
claym711
AG
last time
SPy volume was this low was just before the Dec/Jan sell off.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Low volume on up days and high volume on down days have been consistent trends throughout the bounce since 2009. I wouldn't put too much stock into it.
I got it. Did everyone get it?
claym711
AG
DIS missed, down big AH
Post removed:
by user
SW AG80
AG
Some good stuff here. For some of the naysayers, back in March/April, 2009, someone in a thread about the drop of the stock market suggested LVS. It was at $4.40 when I bought it. I sold half of it at $46 and the other half at $60. I owe someone a burger and beer at The Chicken. Or maybe dinner at The Republic.
aggiedaniel06
AG
quote:
Some good stuff here. For some of the naysayers, back in March/April, 2009, someone in a thread about the drop of the stock market suggested LVS. It was at $4.40 when I bought it. I sold half of it at $46 and the other half at $60. I owe someone a burger and beer at The Chicken. Or maybe dinner at The Republic.
How nice of you to remember! That was me... I look forward to dinner at the republic the next time I'm in CS.
claym711
AG
What do you guys make of the huge spike in day/night difference on SPY?
bmks270
AG
When will we see new highs?
AggieMainland
New highs? 2019 at the earliest.
claym711
AG
Agree. I have exited almost all my long positions and am playing volatility.
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.