Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,055,807 Views | 224337 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by cryption
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

Ragoo said:

aggiehunter3 said:

Speaking of lottos- I bought 1 measly Amzn 1600 put at .57 this morning....the problem is it's already at $2.85 and I'm tempted to sell for the quick money haha
you should sell it back because at the end of the contract it will expire worthless.

Well if Amzn has a fb tank it will be worth $14k, so I'm cool with $57 risk for that possibility
the only way it is "worth" 14k is if amazon is trading at $14 less than your strike at expiration. Otherwise all value is extrensic theta.
aggiehunter3
AG
I'm talking about premium only. I'm saying if it has a 20% move or down $300 plus decline the premium alone $57 would be worth $14k

I never plan to exercise the option.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Fair warning, AMD profits were in their server and processors, GPU was slightly down.

Not sure how Nvidia will fare, but just FYI
leoj
AG
Amazon beats by 2.54 eps? How is that real.
Baby Billy
AG
leoj said:

Amazon beats by 2.54 eps? How is that real.

Incredibly conservative estimate?
UpstateAg
AG
Zscaler is a content filtering firm. Not strong competition. TENB main competition is Rapid7
CheladaAg
AG
CHK on the move after hours with $2B Utica asset sale. Hope this takes on momentum along with earnings.
TXAGEE
AG
0708aggie said:

Whats going on with SN? Oil and Natty up but trending down.
On SN, what does the huge selling at the close mean?
leoj
AG
Nice. Bought back my covered calls before the market closed.
pacecar02
I just want amzn to stay above 1852 an I'm good
tailgatetimer10
AG
Curious to OA opinion on this. Should this trigger a short squeeze? I would think, up 7% ah.
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Curious to OA opinion on this. Should this trigger a short squeeze? I would think, up 7% ah.

2 bil is a lot of smackers. Gives them cash on balance and security in operations.

Short squeeze would be seen tomorrow if any momentum
oldarmy1
AG
Reading through release ot closes 4th quarter this year and has a $100m kicker on certain gains.

Using the cash to pay down debt. Also upped guidance on production.

I wouldn't part with another share of CHK until it hits $15
PPAag06
AG
AMD over $19 AH. Can someone let me know what the short float is there?
UpstateAg
AG
So buy chk under 5 and enjoy the ride?
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

So buy chk under 5 and enjoy the ride?
Well, to be fair, a good number on here were picking it up below $3 but I have no qualms in saying a buy under $5 will give you at least a 100% ROI within 2 years.

UpstateAg
AG
Is the boards sentiment about JD that it will be triple digits in the next 2 years? I cannot see the amazon being the right comparison long term.
gougler08
AG
UpstateAg said:

Is the boards sentiment about JD that it will be triple digits in the next 2 years? I cannot see the amazon being the right comparison long term.

I think a lot of feel that way, seems like they have spent a lot of money on their infrastructure (and therefore their numbers are depressed a bit) and they are #2 in market share in a rapidly growing area

The article OA posted from seekingalpha says they are predicting in the 70s by year end. That seems a bit aggressive to me but I think it's very undervalued for a long hold right now
oldarmy1
AG
Welp, surprise news can always break technicals. CHK had firmly been in the shorts hand and then 2 billion later its over $5 premarket.

No idea the amount of institutional energy that will be behind this fundamental but with over 100 million shorted shares out there some nerves might be getting shot.

Obvious first technical would be to see if it can break new trend highs on volume.

We have external macro fundamentals to aid it. GDP will be off the charts. We have the EU energy news. We have positive futures.

I certainly wouldn't want to be holding massive short positions!
tailgatetimer10
AG
Today should be a good day
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR cheap Puts paying big early. I am purchasing shares at $36 against the $37 Puts right this second. Leaving the $35 in place until open to see if those manage to get in the money.

What's kinda amusing is this stock was being bashed for not having a revenue model and now that it does....

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3374846-twitter-plunges-13_6-percent-monthly-user-drop
Ragoo
AG
Welp, looks like I am going to own a bunch of twtr today
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Welp, looks like I am going to own a bunch of twtr today

No Puts?

These $36 premarket buys are sitting at $38 to sell.
oldarmy1
AG
Partial fills..going 37.90 to finish sells. Woohooo
oldarmy1
AG
Naked Puts Ragoo? What strikes?
0708aggie
AG
PSX with fantastic earnings. Up to 120 premarket.
oldarmy1
AG
Ok sometimes its good to be lucky. Buy the bottom at $36 and sold the rebound top at $38.

If we get back to $36.75 I'll buy again. And all these trades are zero loss risk because they are against cheap Puts. But only today. Decisions have to be made on taking the Put premium and holding shares or dumping all these trades.

Not selling any shares from way back when accumulating. Those are all net free, which IMO is the absolute goal in long holds.
oldarmy1
AG
0708aggie said:

PSX with fantastic earnings. Up to 120 premarket.

Watch GME to get a lift. Flag chart might breakout
oldarmy1
AG
4.1% GDP

They said it couldn't be done anymore.
gougler08
AG
So TWTR met expectations it looks like but is down because new users were lower? Ouch, earning season hasn't been very good to me
0708aggie
AG
Can you explain that?

5 day chart shows a cup and handle somewhat.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Naked Puts Ragoo? What strikes?
yes naked. I had a series down the chain. I will probably look at rolling them a week or more at the end of the day today.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

So TWTR met expectations it looks like but is down because new users were lower? Ouch, earning season hasn't been very good to me

No Puts? Guys! What have we discussed in these volitale growth stocks? NEVER ENTER EARNINGS WITHOUT A HEDGE.

Especially when the gods give you a Friday earnings, allowing you to buy Puts with only 1 days premium.

The good news is TWTR will be fine. They'll be at a billion in revenue next year. They also might be bought out at some point.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

No Puts? Guys! What have we discussed in these volitale growth stocks? NEVER ENTER EARNINGS WITHOUT A HEDGE.

Especially when the gods give you a Friday earnings, allowing you to buy Puts with only 1 days premium.

The good news is TWTR will be fine. They'll be at a billion in revenue next year. They also might be bought out at some point.

Yeah it's a long hold for me so I'm just being greedy
oldarmy1
AG
That 36.75 buy got filled.
First Page Last Page
Page 174 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.