Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,580 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
astroaggie13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

Technicals, volume today and news that AMD might have taken some of AAPL business away from INTC (I believe that was company) could send AMD to new highs this week if the markets continue higher.

It's still in a daily squeeze too
Gig em Stros
AgsnFly
AG
AgEng06 said:

Dang ROKU, WTF? My calls allllmost made it back to even, where I would have sold them.

No offense intended here but you should realize that this mentality is the difference between a good trader and a not so good trader (ie. an amateur). Outside of a pure arbitrage strategy, the success rate of trades is not a very important performance statistic. Cutting losers quickly and being patient with winners is the most important thing in this vocation. It is difficult to do because human nature causes us to favor the opposite (take profits quickly and ride the loss in hope it becomes a success). Paying the small tuition of a small loss on a bad trade will eventually lead to more confidence in your trading and save you from big losses as you finally stop-out at the bottom.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DRIP huge volume red/green. I entered simply based on volume.

This oil run up has been strange and seems to need a pull back, I like this play at least for the short term and will follow tomorrow if it stays low in premarket
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ranger222 said:

we will use it and then lose it

GME = chicks we picked up at the Cowhop on a Thursday night.
ProgN
Bob Knights Liver said:

Ranger222 said:

I laughed but if we have any SJW lurkers, your ass is toast.
txaggie_08
AG
So what are we thinking? Was today a quick pullback before another explosion, or are we going to see some correction that lasts a little while? I'm still amazed at how quickly the market took off the past week or so.
tam2002
AG
J Powell speaks tomorrow so who in the hell knows
ProgN
tam2002 said:

It will be a non-event.IMO
ProgN
txaggie_08 said:

So what are we thinking? Was today a quick pullback before another explosion, or are we going to see some correction that lasts a little while? I'm still amazed at how quickly the market took off the past week or so.
The markets are extremely overbought but last I read there is still over 5 Trillion still sitting on the sidelines in cash/money market accounts. FOMO is in full effect but the easy money has already been made. Meaning, I wouldn't be moving my money into index funds from cash right now. This is where technicals and choosing your entry and exit points pays the most, more discipline is required. Any selloff will be profound and the ensuing rally just as powerful.

TL;DR version: It's not really a dartboard environment anymore, but can be very profitable if you can pay attention to it.

JMO, good luck.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Prognightmare said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Ranger222 said:

I laughed but if we have any SJW lurkers, your ass is toast.

... or dudes. Nothing wrong with that.

MIK lost more than 20% on the day. I'm still at a loss for what happened here. I was expecting them to announce they were being bought out or something the way the stock was jumping after that huge negative surprise. Was it simply the idea that they'd add online retail to compete with the Amazons and Walmarts of the world? Or was it algos and FOMO and now it will gap back down below $6? So odd.
zag213004
AG
I need CRM to start moving. Hopefully tomorrow But volume has been half of the average
McInnis 03
AG
AgsnFly said:

AgEng06 said:

Dang ROKU, WTF? My calls allllmost made it back to even, where I would have sold them.

No offense intended here but you should realize that this mentality is the difference between a good trader and a not so good trader (ie. an amateur). Outside of a pure arbitrage strategy, the success rate of trades is not a very important performance statistic. Cutting losers quickly and being patient with winners is the most important thing in this vocation. It is difficult to do because human nature causes us to favor the opposite (take profits quickly and ride the loss in hope it becomes a success). Paying the small tuition of a small loss on a bad trade will eventually lead to more confidence in your trading and save you from big losses as you finally stop-out at the bottom.

Also recently learned that rewarding bad behavior is the worst trait for a trader. It gives confidence to repeating.

#IAmGuilty
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AgsnFly said:

AgEng06 said:

Also recently learned that rewarding bad behavior is the worst trait for a trader. It gives confidence to repeating.

#IAmGuilty

With all that being said, it may bite me but holding roku isn't a wrong idea yet
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Aggies1322
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgsnFly said:

AgEng06 said:

#IAmGuilty

With all that being said, it may bite me but holding roku isn't a wrong idea yet
Your A, B, and C waves are all moving back towards being positive.
thirdcoast
AG
Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

So far they all have been non-events. He halfway punted to Congress on future stimulus in last appearance. With Pence saying economy is back on track and Trump talking about rocket ships, maybe he shows concern about balance sheet and interest rates, which would be new. He has already directly said "assets are overpriced", back when S&P was in 2800s.
ProgN
Aggies1322 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgsnFly said:

AgEng06 said:

#IAmGuilty

Dammit McInnis, you've made the board an actual classroom.

Female McInnis:

Me:
Aggies1322
AG
I'm not doing math I'm just looking at colorful pictures.
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

So far they all have been non-events. He halfway punted to Congress on future stimulus in last appearance. With Pence saying economy is back on track and Trump talking about rocket ships, maybe he shows concern about balance sheet and interest rates, which would be new. He has already directly said "assets are overpriced", back when S&P was in 2800s.
Correct, the Fed is a backstop if there's a big covid flareup in the fall. Monetary policy will not change. The markets near ATHs will curb further stimulus, unless Trump can get his payroll tax passed, imo. Consumer confidence is improving and that fed liquidity is finding it's way into the market. There will be hiccups but I wouldn't want to be short. I look for a possible pullback in July with earning reports because the market seems to be pricing in good earnings right now, think a sell the news type event. The jury is still out on this hypothesis until I see more.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggies1322 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgsnFly said:

AgEng06 said:

#IAmGuilty

Dammit McInnis, you've made the board an actual classroom.

Female McInnis:

Me:

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
fwiw, I looked today and I think 6 of the last 9 Wednesdays were green, but most of the Thursdays after were red!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Prognightmare said:

thirdcoast said:

Prognightmare said:

tam2002 said:

Correct, the Fed is a backstop if there's a big covid flareup in the fall. Monetary policy will not change. The markets near ATHs will curb further stimulus, unless Trump can get his payroll tax passed, imo. Consumer confidence is improving and that fed liquidity is finding it's way into the market. There will be hiccups but I wouldn't want to be short. I look for a possible pullback in July with earning reports because the market seems to be pricing in good earnings right now, think a sell the news type event. The jury is still out on this hypothesis until I see more.
lots of words for moral hazard. win win for investors.
gougler08
AG
Our 3am big move was actually down overnight, but the futures have recovered to flat now
tailgatetimer10
AG
Prognightmare said:

Technicals, volume today and news that AMD might have taken some of AAPL business away from INTC (I believe that was company) could send AMD to new highs this week if the markets continue higher.

Be careful. It is indicated that Apple is moving to their own ARM architecture. Who will fabricate and package their technology is TBD, but they are capable of doing it themselves just like their mobile ARM processor.

They could also license Radeon technology from AMD just like Samsung did for their mobile ARM, for graphics processing. Who really knows at this point though.

The biggest news yesterday was an additional security flaw found in Intel processors. That is a HUGE deal. They now have 3 flaws, in which the fix impacts performance tremendously.
Rice and Fries
tailgatetimer10 said:

Prognightmare said:

Be careful. It is indicated that Apple is moving to their own ARM architecture. Who will fabricate and package their technology is TBD, but they are capable of doing it themselves just like their mobile ARM processor.

They could also license Radeon technology from AMD just like Samsung did for their mobile ARM, for graphics processing. Who really knows at this point though.

The biggest news yesterday was an additional security flaw found in Intel processors. That is a HUGE deal. They now have 3 flaws, in which the fix impacts performance tremendously.
In addition to being so far behind on 7 & 5NM tech. Crazy
UpstateAg
AG
Tesla pre market. Dang. I don't hold overnight anymore, but congrats to any of you who did. Payday.
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

Tesla pre market. Dang. I don't hold overnight anymore, but congrats to any of you who did. Payday.
12thMan86
AG
Cant remember who, but someone on here bought 1000 TSLA calls for this week. Congrats!!!!
oldarmy1
AG
DRIP looking good. I sold 25% just to take a quick $0.30/share easement against any backfilling.
Carlo4
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DRIP huge volume red/green. I entered simply based on volume.

This is why. Article on shale industry may collapse and oil prices set to go way down. I jumped in as soon as you posted as you won me over with OVV... and well every other great thing you do on here.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-us-shale-oil-industry-may-collapse-new-report-says-after-goldman-warns-crude-is-set-for-a-fall-2020-06-10?mod=home-page
IrishTxAggie
AG
Elon Musk at all the TSLA shorts right now...
cgh1999
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Anyone play IMRN?
I spent nearly an hour after this was posted trying to find a way to short this one. Couldn't get any shares to sell naked. It was $22ish at that time and is down to $13 pre market.
Carlo4
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Elon Musk at all the TSLA shorts right now...

Spoiler alert - it doesn't end well for him when Farva says shenanigans one more time.
Mr President Elect
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DRIP looking good. I sold 25% just to take a quick $0.30/share easement against any backfilling.
Yep... my AH order did not fill.
gougler08
AG
willjohnathan said:

oldarmy1 said:

Yep... my AH order did not fill.
Same, but think this has a lot of room in the short term as we're basically at all time lows
Brewmaster
AG
UpstateAg said:

I have 1 call spread on it...can't wait to see what it's worth at open!
First Page Last Page
Page 1720 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.