Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,594 Views | 224480 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Red Rover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah but those GLUU Jun19 $11C went from $0.12 yesterday to $0.60 today.
Txducker
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Time for some SPY and QQQ puts and some TVIX?
I did this morning. I hate shorting and never do as well. I went TQQQ 6/19 P86 at $4.25.
PPAag06
AG
Duck has been promoting this all day. Saw a bunch of flow on cheddar go through too.
tam2002
AG
whoa buddy I'm starting to get some FOMO. I need a good healthy pullback haha
oldarmy1
AG
Bought July 17 $11 GLUU calls $0.70
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Bounce candidates

I don't think he missed GLUU. I think GLUU will eventually run to $11
So does 90K other contracts. Look at the 11C for 7/17

Oh. You did.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
0708aggie
AG
Order has been in for a while with no fill.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
HPE knocking on the top of its Darvas box. (best seen 1hr candles)
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

At this time I will predict SPY 307.50
That would be right about the gap fill for the SPX
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1
AG
I am having to be creative with ROKU. I have a lot of shares at $108. I had sold those covered calls out to JUL for $13 that would make a great net profit but what if ROKU tanks below $100? So I had Puts that In sold below $103 and on the pushes up I added covered calls expiring tomorrow. Example $105 covered calls set at $2 premium and now that ROKU has dropped back down to $103 I bought a $106 calls for $0.75. That means if ROKU is above $105 I have to fill the covered call with my shares but keep the $2 premium and use the $106 calls to call out (or buy shares if lower) to keep me balanced with the July 17 covered calls.

Basically its like a naked call within a trade. Very effective for offsetting drops.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought July 17 $11 GLUU calls $0.70
Sold at .70 and .90. 60% in a few hours is good for me. I'll revisit it later in the event the market sells off some
ProgN
Not stock related but I like you guys.

Just saw a weather report for next Tuesday. Texas is expecting temps to be 103-110. That was reported temps, not heat index.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
stxag8
AG
Prognightmare said:

Just saw a weather report for next Tuesday. Texas is expecting temps to be 103-110. That was reported temps, not heat index.
Gonna be 109 today here in Phoenix. Got to 112 last week
The Pilot
AG
Prognightmare said:

That sux and a large part of the reason why I now live in Denver. It gets hot here too, but Tuesday our high is 75.
TV Casualty
AG
The Pilot said:

Prognightmare said:

That sux and a large part of the reason why I now live in Denver. It gets hot here too, but Tuesday our high is 75.

I do miss the weather in Colorado.
0708aggie
AG
Too rich for my blood, but alot of money on FISV

and just as I post that a 1.8M blok comes through.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Been away from this thread awhile. What screener is this from that y'all are monitoring the big money with?
Carlo4
AG
thirdcoast said:

Boat Shoes said:

Time for some SPY and QQQ puts and some TVIX?

I put an order in at $115 on TVIX, if I can average in a decent position around $100 I think that's a good hedge.

Yes, I know it's stupid to try and time a market pull back...but I think we get a good drop before Nov 3. With virus fears subsiding, I don't see Powell pumping the market up again unless he wants to do it for white guilt or something.
I know how you feel. I'm learning the hard way on timing, but I've gotten great at stop limits on TVIX haha. Fed has dramatically cut their daily buying since late April has been pretty minimal, but daily, since. I don't have the chart but have seen it in various articles and video presentations. Should have been on the sideline this week and waited to buy in at 116. Would have been a much less hectic week. Being on the sideline is a better play than always being in the market.

I did buy 400 shares of SQQQ when it touched the all time high, so I feel good with that position in the short term to make some returns.
0708aggie
AG
cheddarflow
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Seriously 2020, this is enough now
12thMan86
AG
Prognightmare said:

That's why I'm headed to the course shortly
Carlo4
AG
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

Seriously 2020, this is enough now
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Prognightmare said:

My part of PA is going to be in the upper 70's, low 80's.

Granted, our pos governor still has my area locked down, but at least we're not sweating...
Ragoo
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Prognightmare said:

I hate the heat. Especially in Houston.
hurray swamp ass
McInnis 03
AG
So y'all asked yesterday if I started to hedge a fall with long put butterflies to advise. Here's one I just bought.

SPX
JUL 17
1 BUY TO OPEN 2920 PUT
2 SELL TO OPEN 2900 PUT
1 BUT TO OPEN 2880 PUT

Risk $.30
Max Profit (if SPX 2900 on JUL 17) $20

I'm also entering bids for a 29Jun put butterfly for 3065/3050/3035 at $.35 and 17Jun same strikes $.45

They have not yet filled.

These all likely expire worthless, but that's why it's a hedge.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

Tropical systems that hit east of us bring down that hot dry air.

B&I Key:
tam2002
AG
ZEST falling back a little. Maybe I've missed it but do we still feel good about them with the Walmart stuff? Thinking about adding. Thanks
Talon2DSO
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Prognightmare said:

Granted, our pos governor still has my area locked down, but at least we're not sweating...

I hate Wolf. Hes going to keep us locked down until there's a vaccine. Hes using this as leverage for $15/hr and other far left crap.
texagbeliever
Prognightmare said:

Good news for utilities and LSE/Generators in ERCOT! Boom stock related (VSTA NRG)
TxAG#2011
12thMan86 said:

Also legging into 1000 shares of GBTC because Bit coin is about to break out!!
You are smart
AgShaun00
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

12thMan86 said:

Also legging into 1000 shares of GBTC because Bit coin is about to break out!!
You are smart
Can you give more insight into this? I do want to get into crypto but haven't yet. Is this an alternate way?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

Prognightmare said:

I hate Wolf. Hes going to keep us locked down until there's a vaccine. Hes using this as leverage for $15/hr and other far left crap.
Well, he did let some of the rural north central counties go green, so there's that. And you guys are at least yellow. We're finally staging out of red tomorrow, after 100+ layoffs at the hospital down the street...

Rat ******* wants to force mail in ballots because we're a swing state. But I'll stop there because this ain't the place.

To get back to stocks, RUBI bounced off 7 (the 61.8% retracement), and is hovering around the 50% retrace (roughly the Model T) of its big move yesterday.
gougler08
AG
SABR volume
First Page Last Page
Page 1683 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.