Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,979,056 Views | 224071 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by ProgN
OverSeas AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
BB675
AG
SAVE is killing it.
IrishTxAggie
AG

BrokeAssAggie
5.2%
McInnis 03
AG
BB675 said:

SAVE is killing it.

When you tell your bro in law to check out that epic squeeze and then don't play it.....
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Bob Knights Paper Hands
MIK!!!

EPS estimates were $0.14/share, actual was ($0.43). Rain down upon me my reward for shorting this 10-day run up.
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

MIK!!!

EPS estimates were $0.14/share, actual was ($0.43). Rain down upon me my reward for shorting this 10-day run up.
Drinks on you tonight.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
wanderer
Yesterday OA suggested to sell covered calls on RUBI 7/17 $7.50. In order for me to understand why this is beneficial, I've got to wrap my head around the math and the different scenarios.

w/o covered calls
  • You bought 1000 shares @ $6 and the stock is now at $7.7. Yah! You're up $1700 and the sky is the limit moving towards 7/17
  • On 7/17 the stock price has dipped down to $6.50. Your $1700 'profit' is now lowered to $500.

w/covered calls
  • You sell 5 covered call contracts of 7/17 $7.50 & receive ~$400 (assuming a .80 premium). On 7/17 the price of the stock is at 8.50 and your profit is up to $2100. (8.50 - 6 - .8 = 1.7 + $2.50 for your other 500 shares). You would also lose 500 of your shares at the strike date.
  • You sell 5 covered call contracts of 7/17 $7.50 & receive ~$400 (assuming a .80 premium). On 7/17 the price of the stock is at 6.50, but you're up $900. (.50*1000 + 400) instead of the $500 if you didn't have the covered calls. You still own all your shares.

My takeaway from selling an ITM covered call is that you're capping your gains at the covered call strike price while still holding on to your shares, but also limiting your loss potential by locking in your premium gains.

I'm sure I butchered a lot of that, but any glaring errors?? Thanks in advance for the continued education!
BB675
AG
Any day trades today? I lost more than I ever wanted on GNUS yesterday morning.
KT 90
AG

zag213004
AG
Anyone still in CRM 182.5 June 19 calls? Or has the channel broke and time to get out?
stxag8
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Anyone still in CRM 182.5 June 19 calls? Or has the channel broke and time to get out?
Sold yesterday at a loss before OA said we're still good. If he still thinks that I may buy back in
AggiePeeps06
AG
Same
BrokeAssAggie
zwhag2010 said:

I'm still in. Hopeful I can minimize the losses or see a small gain
stxag8
AG
Can Trump just tweet AZN? Doesn't have to be anything special, just the name
McInnis 03
AG
Juicy juicy gap, but too much activity for this setup today. Too bad.

B&I Key:
E
AG
stxag8 said:

Can Trump just tweet AZN? Doesn't have to be anything special, just the name
But then people will think Asians are the next minority group people think he is attacking and taking their freedoms away
BrokeAssAggie
ROKU run up today?!?!
TChaney
texagbeliever
McInnis 03 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

MIK!!!

Drinks on you tonight.

He may be able to afford some water. It is now trading within 3 cents of close...
McInnis 03
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

ROKU run up today?!?!
It's trading below every single significant daily moving average right now, and those could present a ceiling without some strength. Careful here if you're long.

B&I Key:
stxag8
AG
BA gonna keep going?
BrokeAssAggie
stxag8 said:

BA gonna keep going?
appears so...
topher06
Here we go
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

ROKU run up today?!?!
It's trading below every single significant daily moving average right now, and those could present a ceiling without some strength. Careful here if you're long.
I am not in for too much
BrokeAssAggie
question about options. If you can't trade options after hours how come on the open there's sometimes huge swing the day before? I am specifically talking about the V 200C
E
AG
For you Davey Day Trader fans, Portnoy posted a pretty funny montage video a few minutes ago on his insta story about all the airlines and cruise lines opening back up
cisgenderedAggie
TChaney said:

maybe MIK will announce they are surely headed for bankruptcy so it will jump another 10%.

Remember - Facts, numbers, statistics, balance sheets etc. don't matter anymore

This is not going the way I had hoped
texagbeliever
BB675 said:

I hung onto MIK too long as well.

Or did you...
Harkrider 93
AG
claym711 said:

I see zero signs of an impending deep pullback right now. Since May 15, any selling has hardly made a dent in my macro indicators. If 2700 is in the cards, there will be warning signs. We are running essentially 9 straight days of green and only 22 streaks since the 1920s have exceeded 9 days.
The main trader I follow mentioned that his energy models show a pullback starting around mid-June. I am not sure what data he uses to come up with energy, but it sorta sounds like some of your indicators.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
$v
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

MIK!!!

Drinks on you tonight.

Now it's up 4% after the terrible earnings and being down 13% premarket. So confused. I'm going to be unpacking this one for awhile.
Rice and Fries
ROKU up
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
jtmoney03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

MIK!!!

Drinks on you tonight.

Now it's up 4% after the terrible earnings and being down 13% premarket. So confused. I'm going to be unpacking this one for awhile.

Just remember, when your brain gets tired of trying to figure out how things happen with no rhyme or reason, fall back on WSB's mantra...Stocks only go up.

First Page Last Page
Page 1677 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.