Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,094,266 Views | 224511 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Chef Elko
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggies1322 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Tricksy move to new lows on ROKU double bottom then explosion. Class dismissed

I think I'm failing this class.
It was only good for an explosion move. Now below $106 which has been key support. It's back to that right now but any fading is not good from here. I had a bunch of shares at $107 and already sold a massive $100 July 17 covered call for $13.50.

Either will be net $95 area or make $6.50/share profit. Not ideal but not willing to sit on it and refuse to lose money on I
I have shares at 112. Would you sell at 105?
You could do what I do and sell July covered call. On $112 holdings I'd accept the fact that your $7 below and look to make $113 or recapture at least this $7. That would be a June 19 $108 covered call for $5 or a July 17 $110 for $7.50. I like going out longer and capturing more premium on a trade gone wrong. Those July's will get you $117.50 out or reduce your $112 holding price to $105.

So why take a loss???

P.S. See if it recaptures $106 before you make any moves. The beauty of going out to July is you won't have big movement against you by waiting right now.
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

So where does ROKU drop to now? I'm looking for long term stock entry...
Any one of you pivot people know where R1 and R2 are on the day or weekly? I still don't have it down.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

So where does ROKU drop to now? I'm looking for long term stock entry...
Any one of you pivot people know where R1 and R2 are on the day or weekly? I still don't have it down.
It moves rapidly due to the manipulation. I've seen the R1 and R2 fail 80% of the time on ROKU
McInnis 03
AG
Does nayone have good pivot settings for TOS? Is there a good study I can lean on there?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
texagbeliever
oldarmy1 said:

OverSeas AG said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggies1322 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Tricksy move to new lows on ROKU double bottom then explosion. Class dismissed

I think I'm failing this class.
It was only good for an explosion move. Now below $106 which has been key support. It's back to that right now but any fading is not good from here. I had a bunch of shares at $107 and already sold a massive $100 July 17 covered call for $13.50.

Either will be net $95 area or make $6.50/share profit. Not ideal but not willing to sit on it and refuse to lose money on I
I have shares at 112. Would you sell at 105?
You could do what I do and sell July covered call. On $112 holdings I'd accept the fact that your $7 below and look to make $113 or recapture at least this $7. That would be a June 19 $108 covered call for $5 or a July 17 $110 for $7.50. I like going out longer and capturing more premium on a trade gone wrong. Those July's will get you $117.50 out or reduce your $112 holding price to $105.

So why take a loss???

P.S. See if it recaptures $106 before you make any moves. The beauty of going out to July is you won't have big movement against you by waiting right now.
Maybe you take a loss because 100 shares at $112 is a $10k position.
McInnis 03
AG
If "Woody's Pivots" study (great name!!) in TOS is right, we're right at R2 for the daily pivot calc. It's rare to hit R3.......but that's assuming this data is any good.

B&I Key:
AfghanVet
CRM is shafting me
OFS 2019 FOB Dahlke "rocket city" 354th MCS
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
McInnis 03
AG
It's rare enough that as long as ROKU isn't still in a squeeze I'll go intraday long if we hit R3.

EDIT: See, Don't know these well enough, I meant S3.

B&I Key:
stxag8
AG
AfghanVet said:

CRM is shafting me
You and everyone else
KT 90
AG
Knife Wrench said:

Mean a boost for DIS? And Gambling?
DIS is already taking off today. ERI too.

Mr President Elect
AG
stxag8 said:

willjohnathan said:

The last few stocks I bought puts for have soared immediately (nyt, sabr, oxy, amc). Trying this voodoo on Roku, fingers crossed.
Can you buy CRM please?
Done... but I think Roku broke it
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It's rare enough that as long as ROKU isn't still in a squeeze I'll go intraday long if we hit R3.

Ranger222
AG
30% up day on the account. Taking half my positions off here, keeping longer dated calls (July+)
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Read "Mastering the Trade". It'll be worth every freaking second of your time. Then read it again.

B&I Key:
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Between that design review killing my morning, internet issues, and an appointment for a fetal echocardiogram tomorrow (nothing suspected, just precautionary), I'm done for the week. Too much risk of starting a play and not being able to execute the timing properly. Oh well.

Best of luck all. If you're not sure what to do, think about what I would do and do the opposite. See y'all Monday.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Aggies1322
AG
Ready for the spy fall.
Bird Poo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Read "Mastering the Trade". It'll be worth every freaking second of your time. Then read it again.
1st, 2nd, or 3rd edition?
McInnis 03
AG
PearlJammin said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I read 3rd edition and it was the most up to date, seeing that it was revised in 2018 or 19.

B&I Key:
Talon2DSO
AG
310p exp Friday?
IrishTxAggie
AG
SPCE is on a little run here
TheBiggerEvent
AG
ROKU back over 106
Aggies1322
AG
Talon2DSO said:

310p exp Friday?

No. My puts are in July at 270. It was the OA suggestion on Monday.
AGSmith
AG
McInnis 03 said:

PearlJammin said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I read 3rd edition and it was the most up to date, seeing that it was revised in 2018 or 19.
Where'd you get it, Amazon?
Coachbro20
Aggies1322 said:

Talon2DSO said:

310p exp Friday?

OA..if u were gonna buy a Spy put today, u would go 7/19 $295 with a premium right now around 5.20?
AfghanVet
When do we determine to sell or hold CRM
OFS 2019 FOB Dahlke "rocket city" 354th MCS
McInnis 03
AG
AGSmith said:

McInnis 03 said:

PearlJammin said:

McInnis 03 said:

AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Where'd you get it, Amazon?
I actually listened to it on Audible. It comes with an accompaniment PDF file with a ton of charts and graphics that are discussed vigorously throughout the text.

B&I Key:
0708aggie
AG
Out of my CX calls @ 0.45. 50% gain. Thanks OA!
Rice and Fries
Maximus_Meridius said:

Between that design review killing my morning, internet issues, and an appointment for a fetal echocardiogram tomorrow (nothing suspected, just precautionary), I'm done for the week. Too much risk of starting a play and not being able to execute the timing properly. Oh well.

Best of luck all. If you're not sure what to do, think about what I would do and do the opposite. See y'all Monday.
T&P for you on your little one. One of my friends had some unfortunate news with their little one during the echo. Wishing you nothing but the best.
0708aggie
AG
Same here. Prayers your way.
AgEng06
AG
How long is the listen? I have a free 30-day trial for Audible I've been waiting to activate.
george1992
Big drop in the chicken stocks today. PPC and SAFM both down over 10% without much news. What's going on here chicken man? I'm thinking about picking up a little chicken today.

Uh oh, looks like there was some bird price fixing going on. Might have to pass or let these drop a little more.
IrishTxAggie
AG
george1992 said:

Big drop in the chicken stocks today. PPC and SAFM both down over 10% without much news. What's going on here chicken man? I'm thinking about picking up a little chicken today.
Price fixing indictments
https://www.wsj.com/articles/chicken-industry-executives-including-pilgrim-s-pride-ceo-indicted-for-price-fixing-11591202113

ETA:
I'll wait until I see a large buyer in the crowd
Brewmaster
AG
Coachbro20 said:

Aggies1322 said:

Talon2DSO said:

310p exp Friday?

OA..if u were gonna buy a Spy put today, u would go 7/19 $295 with a premium right now around 5.20?
from his Twitter account:

July 17 $295 Puts

First Page Last Page
Page 1669 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.