Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,993,827 Views | 224167 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
same here. concierge key -> zero travel
Ragoo
AG
I think Q2 earnings will be the eye opener.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

Exactly
2wealfth Man
AG
When to exit HD? $247 was break through level but but sure how long to hold?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
yes, i'm waiting for Q2 at this point. but like you guys like to remind everyone, the market is forward looking, so maybe it will discount Q2 earnings before they occur!
IrishTxAggie
AG
2wealfth Man said:

When to exit HD? $247 was break through level but but sure how long to hold?

HD gonna keep climbing with the protests. Think infrastructure repairs
oldarmy1
AG
Markets hopping after hours. I'm going to sell some shares of some things into this.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
iluvpoker
Ragoo said:

Disagree. Q2 earnings were baked in back in April. It was known then that Q2 was going to be very bad. By the time Q2 earnings are released the market will begin focusing on the elections and expectations for 2021.

This board continues to underestimate the leveraged power of the money that the fed continues to provide. And not just the fed, banks worldwide.
Ragoo
AG
iluvpoker said:

Ragoo said:

Disagree. Q2 earnings were baked in back in April. It was known then that Q2 was going to be very bad. By the time Q2 earnings are released the market will begin focusing on the elections and expectations for 2021.

This board continues to underestimate the leveraged power of the money that the fed continues to provide. And not just the fed, banks worldwide.
estimates were baked in. Actuals may be very different. I am not going short though.
topher06
So to be clear, you're thinking new highs in 2020? 2021?
claym711
AG
iluvpoker said:

Ragoo said:

The market has essentially gone nowhere since January 2018, not to interrupt your touchdown celebration.
ProgN
claym711 said:

iluvpoker said:

Ragoo said:

The market has essentially gone nowhere since January 2018, not to interrupt your touchdown celebration.
Welllllllllllll since you put it that way..................

iluvpoker
topher06 said:

So to be clear, you're thinking new highs in 2020? 2021?

QQQ could hit ATH this month. If Trump gets re-elected and I hope he does then Dow and S&P will hit ATH before this year ends. Russell 2k might not hit ATH in 2020, but should hit 1600 this year.

Could see Nasdaq 10k this month!

Not my prediction but won't be surprised to see Dow/S&P hit ATH by August 1st. World banks will pump a lot more money between today and August 1. This money will be leveraged and has to go somewhere. The US stock market looks attractive compared to almost every alternative.
iluvpoker
Dear Mr Cherry picking BEAR

S&P is up about 10% since 1/18
Nasdaq about 30%

Interest rates are way down which makes stocks more attractive. World banks have pushed over ten trillion dollars into the system since that time and continue to pump cash. You want to fight the Fed have at it!

I'm not saying it's a straight line to 30,000, but the trend is your friend. Good luck!
reedsterg
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Could there be a EADSY play off of this?
texagbeliever
Test

Whoo is survived!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If Covid is over, when will the fed stop pumping? Why are negative rates being considered? They'll buy DIA, SPY, and QQQ after a dip lower. My plan is to go long after the next pull back.

Feels like a long shot for Trump to win. Democrats have mobilized their base in a big way.
Dddfff
AG
SMH. Trump is anything but a long shot.
Grown Pear
AG
iluvpoker said:

Nasdaq about 30%

Interest rates are way down which makes stocks more attractive. World banks have pushed over ten trillion dollars into the system since that time and continue to pump cash. You want to fight the Fed have at it!

I'm not saying it's a straight line to 30,000, but the trend is your friend. Good luck!
That S&P return is an annualized rate of like 4%, surely that can't be right

Edit: 9.2% period return since Jan 2018... sorry I didn't think it was that poor. 3.6% annualized return
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
He's trailing the other guy in most polls by 7-8 points.
IrishTxAggie
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

He's trailing the other guy in most polls by 7-8 points.

He was trailing Hillary by double digits. Polls are worthless and conservatives are known to tomfoolery with them.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The 270-275 Jul hedges - sell and move up to 280? Add some more at 280-285?

I've been selling more and more of the ridiculous fomo shares I've held the last month. I'll look to do more of that tomorrow if AH stays up here.
Dddfff
AG
Forget polls. Look at odds. It's 50-50. In the middle of a pandemic. Wait till that's history and Q3's record metrics quarter over quarter.
claym711
AG
iluvpoker said:

Nasdaq about 30%

All that pump and we've gone nowhere. Up or down, doesn't matter to me. The heavy long biased or long only trader has missed out on a ton of opportunity for 2+ years now. Quite the fruitful tree if that's cherry picking. Good luck
iluvpoker
$30,000 Millionaire said:

If Covid is over, when will the fed stop pumping? Why are negative rates being considered? They'll buy DIA, SPY, and QQQ after a dip lower. My plan is to go long after the next pull back.

Feels like a long shot for Trump to win. Democrats have mobilized their base in a big way.

The fed won't stop pumping until reported inflation stays above 2% for several months. Which my guess is 12 months away. So this means trillions more dollars coming into the markets.

These stock pullbacks don't last very long (3 days) and don't drop very much (5%) so don't blink or you'll miss them.

If you think Biden is going to win there are places you can bet that and win money. You will get even odds or even plus odds as Trump is the favorite.

If you're a bull and you're hedging positions that's fine. But if you're still a bear then good luck. I posted on this thread when the Senate passed the CARES Act that I was switching from bear to bull. I only wish I would have bought a lot more as the market had a great temporary fire sale.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I added to some long positions like JPM, AMZN, AAPL, and QQQ in mid March. I added new positions including IWM and GUSH (I'm going to sell that). Not quite at the bottom but close enough. Wish I added more, but thought we would touch sub 2K before rebounding.

I want to swing trade this thing down though. I still think we hit 2750, I originally thought 2400 - 2500. It's been annoying to get stopped out so many times, but I've been able to manage losses ok. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I tried.
Ranger222
AG
Still think there is a lot of money on the sidelines, then you have the shorts who continue to wait for the elevator down that are forced to cover only adding fuel to the fire.

Market doesn't make sense to me either but all you can do is go in with an open and clear mind, look at the charts/trades in front of you and ignore outside broader environment for now.
AgsnFly
AG
oldarmy1 said:

zwhag2010 said:

OA, I sold RUBI dec 7.5 covered calls as you did. For a stock that is poised to go to 12 do you buy those calls back at some point or keep it as a hedge
Depends on how many shares you have. Do you have 323,210 shares? Then selling a $7.50 covered call on 100k of those isn't going to be touched.

Just spit-balling numbers here.

Wow on the amount of risk you are willing to take on a questionable name like RUBI. I occasionally risk $2mm on futures positions or very liquid large cap stocks but I could never imagine doing that on a stock like RUBI. I guess it is all relative to the size of your book - and your's probably dwarfs mine. Good luck with that and GigEm.
Brewmaster
AG
Beat the Hell said:

SMH. Trump is anything but a long shot.
Exactly. He has this in the bag.

Back to stocks! SPY 309 on deck, Wow!
Brewmaster
AG
we selling V calls at the open again? I'm thinking if we run pre-market there's a sell off after the open. Then BTFD and rinse and repeat.
Rice and Fries
AgsnFly said:

oldarmy1 said:

zwhag2010 said:

OA, I sold RUBI dec 7.5 covered calls as you did. For a stock that is poised to go to 12 do you buy those calls back at some point or keep it as a hedge
Depends on how many shares you have. Do you have 323,210 shares? Then selling a $7.50 covered call on 100k of those isn't going to be touched.

Just spit-balling numbers here.

Wow on the amount of risk you are willing to take on a questionable name like RUBI. I occasionally risk $2mm on futures positions or very liquid large cap stocks but I could never imagine doing that on a stock like RUBI. I guess it is all relative to the size of your book - and your's probably dwarfs mine. Good luck with that and GigEm.

Aggies1322
AG
I'm over here looking at my few thousand dollar account...
First Page Last Page
Page 1661 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.