Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,952,926 Views | 223940 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
jeromePOWell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like we're all on the same page, TSLA riding on the SpacEx rocket, rocket's at the space station and TSLA is going to the moon on Monday. I was distracted with my day job and didn't even know about the planned launch so I'll be watching from the sidelines. Not sure I've got the gumption to buy TSLA even if I had known. Riots are certainly negative a buddy of mine that recently moved to LA was sending me videos and it's like a video game set in a third world country, no rules. My gut tells me the market will largely ignore this though, maybe a slight dip or a few sideways days but that's just me hoping the optimism of successful space launch outweighs the negativity of the riots.

My hearts going to be pounding at opening bell tomorow!
Spaceship
AG
I fail to see how a successful rocket launch (while very cool) affects the broader market in any meaningful way.
bullard21k
AG
Spaceship said:

I fail to see how a successful rocket launch (while very cool) affects the broader market in any meaningful way.

Username DOES NOT checkout
TXAG14
Gap down tomorrow.
ProgN
TXAG14 said:

Gap down tomorrow.
texagbeliever
Fidelity note on Airlines:

This ETF Booms as Investors Bet on Airlines

Investors looking to bet on the recovery of the global airline industry have poured hundreds of millions of dollars into a previously small exchange-traded fund over the past three months, bringing its assets under management to almost $1 billion.

The U.S. Global Jets ETF(JETS) held around $33 million in assets in early March, according to FactSet, but now holds about $950 million. The fund has had net inflows for 62 consecutive trading days, according to FactSet, despite its price falling sharply during that period.

"It was just unprecedented volume explosion," said Frank Holmes, chief executive and chief investment officer of investment management firm U.S. Global Investors(GROW). He said strong interest from individual investors, as well as from hedge funds looking to hedge trades in individual airlines, boosted flows.

The fund, which trades under the ticker JETS, holds about 40% of its assets in the four largest U.S. airlines, Southwest Airlines Co.(LUV), Delta Air Lines Inc., American Airlines Group Inc. and United Airlines Holdings Inc., with smaller stakes in other U.S. and international carriers. The fund also invests in companies that make equipment for planes and airport operators.

The ETF allows investors to bet on the broad recovery of an industry that has been among the hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic, instead of forcing investors to bet on specific airlines.

WoMD
Spaceship said:

First actual meaningful event, and literally the only accomplishment for humanity in an otherwise lost year where the human race has done nothing but go backwards in almost every meaningful way. It means a lot symbolically, if nothing else.

Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but I legitimately feel this is an important step for a nation begging for anything, literally anything, to bring us a semblance of optimism and something to truly be proud of as both Americans and as humans.

Using it as a bit of distraction could also help, instead of being shrouded in nothing but negativity these days. It makes it feel like our lives are almost normal, by getting us back into our nature of ambition and progress. Stagnancy, negativity, and a feeling of regression of society needs to end. This is a step that can help do that, IMO.

So yes, markets could rally around this.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
TXAG14 said:

Gap down tomorrow.

Don't be silly.
KT 90
AG
iluvpoker said:

Rice and Fries said:

tam2002 said:

topher06 said:

Probably taking my comment back on the protests. It's getting bad enough the markets will probably care unless the military steps in.

100 percent. This is out of control

I also think ~40M unemployed can also be having an effect on the whole debacle as well.

We don't have 40 million drawing unemployment. We have had 40 million file for unemployment since mid March. But there was 22 million on unemployment according to the report last Thursday. A lot of people have gone back to work during May. More will join during June. I would like to see this number drop below 16 million because that represents single digit unemployment rate, which sounds better.

The $600/week unemployment "bonus" continues through July I believe. Hopefully that isn't extended, and once that ends they may be more motivation for certain to return to their jobs (or get a job).

Spaceship
AG
WoMD said:

Spaceship said:

First actual meaningful event, and literally the only accomplishment for humanity in an otherwise lost year where the human race has done nothing but go backwards in almost every meaningful way. It means a lot symbolically, if nothing else.

Maybe a bit of hyperbole, but I legitimately feel this is an important step for a nation begging for anything, literally anything, to bring us a semblance of optimism and something to truly be proud of as both Americans and as humans.

Using it as a bit of distraction could also help, instead of being shrouded in nothing but negativity these days. It makes it feel like our lives are almost normal, by getting us back into our nature of ambition and progress. Stagnancy, negativity, and a feeling of regression of society needs to end. This is a step that can help do that, IMO.

So yes, markets could rally around this.

We can agree to disagree, but I just don't see it having an incremental psychological boost to investor optimism. We may be up tomorrow, but it'll be for other reasons.

And this is coming from a guy who was glued to the TV during launch and ISS docking this weekend - it was very cool and a moment of pride.
Spaceship
AG
bullard21k said:

Spaceship said:

Username DOES NOT checkout

reedsterg
AG
Anyone have any thoughts or target re/entry for these this week?

ZEST
NBRV
IBIO
KT 90
AG
McInnis 03 said:

OverSeas AG said:

McInnis 03 said:

OverSeas AG said:

I am not a Will Meade fan, but he was showing the top traded stocks on Robinhood last night (I think someone posted that on here as well) and said he thinks people should long MRNA this morning and short SAVE. could be an interesting thing to watch.

So go check some of these. At open the decreases jumped and the longs dropped.

The algos may be triggering retail stops here

He was posting again tonight about potentially doing the same tomorrow.
I have nothing active to manage at open so I'm going to watch yesterday's RH gainers to see if there really is something triggering a selloff on these at open.

I may have missed it (I did skim through the tread again and didn't see it). but did you come up with anything meaningful after looking at this?
Brewmaster
AG
reedsterg said:

Anyone have any thoughts or target re/entry for these this week?

ZEST
NBRV
IBIO

I have only a hunch on the first 2, but I think NBRV (from what I've read) won't drop much more than .90. ZEST I bet gets shorted soon or offering + shorted (no idea what their cash situation is). Sounds like the trial is pushed back with Covid, could be August before any big news there.

I'm eyeing entry on both myself.
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Yep. Now back to stock market. This guy is a good charter to follow.
https://twitter.com/RobInTheBlack
great find... here's a retweet of his on SDC:
seems to be setting up nicely...

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Also think markets will take it on the chin tomorrow. Hope not.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Nah. 1% gap up. Probably a vaccine press release an hour before open.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
But to be clear, this market needs to give up at least 10-15%.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
But to be clear, this market needs to give up at least 10-15%.
Hendrix
AG
I think the riots are going to give us a red week. Eyeing a few things.
TXAG14
IrishTxAggie
AG
Futures down ~1.2%. Key is to hold 3000. Big psychological number
iluvpoker
Futures down 1%. See what happens overnight.
tam2002
AG
Woo buddy tomorrow is gonna be interesting
topher06
You got your wish, markets are tanking due to the riots.
IrishTxAggie
AG
topher06 said:

Futures have been open for 20mins. I'd hardly call it tanking.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

topher06 said:

This. I wouldn't even bother looking at them until tomorrow morning when you wake up unless you're actively trading the futures market.
ProgN
Maximus_Meridius said:

IrishTxAggie said:

topher06 said:

This. I wouldn't even bother looking at them until tomorrow morning when you wake up unless you're actively trading the futures market.
Between fishing and futures, OA sleeps less than Trump. He'll let us know what's up by the time we all wake up.
Aston04
AG
Any security company/crime plays?

So far looking at ARLO- small cap home security camera company (but still long road to profitability makes me nervous)
GEO- private prisons (still dealing with covid- not sure there either)..

Both cheap...

MOCO9
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on what NBRV's offering will do to the stock over the next 6 months to a year?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Depending on how things go throughout the night, the ES_F appears to possibly be setting into a DBR on the 30min. Could just as easily turn into a DBD if things get spooked overnight while it's sitting at supply.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Mr President Elect
AG
Well he did tweet this morning that the music has been killed and to find a chair. I really have no idea how to play that on a Sunday.
Hendrix
AG
Aston04 said:

Any security company/crime plays?

So far looking at ARLO- small cap home security camera company (but still long road to profitability makes me nervous)
GEO- private prisons (still dealing with covid- not sure there either)..

Both cheap...

I like where you're heads at, I just don't like those stocks. Anyone else?
Aston04
AG
Agreed... Love to hear any other ideas...
First Page Last Page
Page 1638 of 6399

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.