Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,056,458 Views | 224340 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by McInnis 03
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gimme that limit up
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I'm thinking once we hit 3100 SP I'm going to move back into bonds in my 401k and watch from the sidelines. Once Q2 results come out in July I figure we see our second dip.
Word of caution. Bonds are at historically low interest rates, which means high prices. If rates rise, prices will fall
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
jtmoney03
AG
Wonder if the NFL making plans for full stadiums is giving confidence that we are coming out of this. The other leagues will follow suit and naturally confidence in recovery will rise.
ProgN
jtmoney03 said:

Wonder if the NFL making plans for full stadiums is giving confidence that we are coming out of this. The other leagues will follow suit and naturally confidence in recovery will rise.
I'd bet it's more to do with China not mowing down Hong Kong protesters the last 3 days.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Novavax vaccine trials too
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There has been a gap up with minimal give back every time a vaccine candidate has been announced. Is there anything unique to this Novavax one? I think there are several other vaccines already in phase 1/2?
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's the one that Bill Gates is behind. That the only "unique" thing I know of
Aggies1322
AG
Do you still feel good about those Roku 5/29 $115c?
ProgN
I got the 6/19. Someone else posted about the 5/29.

ETA: I did buy the AMD 5/29 $60 calls but they didn't move like I thought they would on NVDA's earnings. They'll have to fly this week or it'll be a loss.
Aggies1322
AG
Prognightmare said:

I got the 6/19. Someone else posted about the 5/29.

ETA: I did buy the AMD 5/29 $60 calls but they didn't move like I thought they would on NVDA's earnings. They'll have to fly this week or it'll be a loss.
Ohhhh. I gotcha. My bad.
BrokeAssAggie
I got the AMD as well.
ProgN
CrazyRichAggie said:

I got the AMD as well.
We still have a shot if the market breaks out.
BrokeAssAggie
Agree. I plan to hold it until Wednesday or Thursday
BrokeAssAggie
The SPY 310 I have though is not looking good
leoj
AG
So close
CheladaAg
AG
Bam! 3000
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I wonder how the cash session is going to go tomorrow.
oldarmy1
AG
Raising V target from $2.50 to $3.50
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
FB at 239. Can't stop won't stop
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tam2002
AG
ERI over 36. All my long plays are way up. Gonna let them all ride this week then will have some decisions to make
BB675
AG
Any long plays will good value out there? Feels like everything is a little over inflated.
BB675
AG
Pains me to say I bought this at $10 and sold for a small profit shortly after.
cisgenderedAggie
IrishTxAggie said:

NVAX is up 16% premarket and open interest isnt large on calls. Worth trying to pick up ITM calls at ask on the open to flip after they pop? Wondering how often the ask price hangs a bit on a stock like this when there's big news. SRNE worked very nicely a few weeks ago.
tam2002
AG
Some beaten down retail plays is about all I see at the moment
texagbeliever
Looks like OA's $110 Roku calls are going to open up green.
Carlo4
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

NVAX is up 16% premarket and open interest isnt large on calls. Worth trying to pick up ITM calls at ask on the open to flip after they pop? Wondering how often the ask price hangs a bit on a stock like this when there's big news. SRNE worked very nicely a few weeks ago.

This is not big news. More fake pumping in a dangerous market, but huge gains today for us to all enjoy.

Phase 1 of 5 trials and a 14% success rate has everyone back in the market like all the other "result" news. Today will be green and tomorrow will correct back down.
texagbeliever
For those getting FOMO on ERI, it looks like MGM is on watch to break out of its Darvas box. Previous high post covid crash is 17.63.
E
AG
MU at $46.... should be able to get out the the 5/29 calls with some profit in my pockets
cisgenderedAggie
No I get that. I'm talking about a one day play to either flip for profit quickly or sell a far out call to make it a spread.

I'd never hold a biotech stock for a lengthy period on any news in any climate.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Last week McInnis, texagsbeliever, and cptthunder brought up some potential darvas box candidates:

ABT, APTO, BLDP, BTG, BX, EQT, GRMN, HEAR, HUM, MIK, SMAR, and SPTN.

Of these I found GRMN, MIK, and SPTN particularly interesting. I'm not sure if these are good examples of Darvas boxes, but here's what I see

GRMN

This one looks like it tried to breakout to the high side at the end of April and to the low side in mid May. I noticed the two big green candles on April 19 and May 17 - is that a potential indicator this could break out at least above the $86.89 200d WMA?

MIK

June 4 earnings report. I feel pretty bearish on this one based on earnings and performance of other stores without large online presence. I could see this breaking out either way, though. I might consider a 5/2.5 spread for June 19? I know that's not typical but both sides are cheap. Otherwise I'll monitor and wait for the earnings and then hope to ride up or down.

SPTN

Earnings report tomorrow. This one has not been in as tight of a box as the others, and possibly wouldn't even qualify. However, it has been in somewhat of a range for the past month. Also this is an distributor to grocery and e-commerce which gives me some hope that it has potential to handily beat the earnings estimates. I think it would be worth

Thoughts/comments/flame?
texagbeliever
I'd be curious if you thought NINE was a Darvas box as well. While slightly more of a penny stock, if that one runs it has big daylight ahead (currently trading $2 but with a 52 week high of $20)
Boat Shoes
AG
Boat Shoes said:

gougler08 said:

Boat Shoes said:

Somebody please tell me if Im calculating model T correctly on ERI.

52 week high - $70.74
52 week low - $6.02
Model T - $44.40

Does anyone really believe it has that much room to run?
I've got the Model T (50% retracement) at $38 and change but I sold quite a bit when it was at $24 last time and will see if we can get a gap fill around $32 before bailing on the rest

You're right. I jacked that up. $38.38. I'll leave the post up so people can poke fun at my math error.

ERI at $36 this morning. Model T almost achieved. Amazing.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

SPTN

Earnings report tomorrow.

Also this is an distributor to grocery and e-commerce which gives me some hope that it has potential to handily beat the earnings estimates.

I'm in!
BrokeAssAggie
SPY up 2% pre market
First Page Last Page
Page 1598 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.