Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,084,743 Views | 224453 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by McInnis 03
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just bought a 4 leg debit spread on SPX. Good freaking goodness.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
AggiePeeps06
AG
Strikes? I'm looking for one for end of day
E
AG
My internets been out for the past hour.... what do the Chinese have against Comcast?!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
zag213004
AG
Time to cut losses on MOMO June 19 26 calls?
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Strikes? I'm looking for one for end of day
bought 2990c
sold 2995c
bought 2945p
sold 2940p
XX TOTAL COST

MIND MY SIGNATURE.

EDIT: My cost was actually like $.63

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
HAVE YOUR TWITTER CALLS LOCKED IN AT THE ASK. YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS IT.

Smaller traders should sell 100% right now...immediately
KT 90
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Had already sold mine, but love watching these advance notices play out.
oldarmy1
AG
KT 90 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Had already sold mine, but love watching these advance notices play out.
Stupid markets. As I was typing that TWTR was pushing towards $32 and by the time I hit enter the markets had a "woosh" move. It should get back up there for $2.35-$2.39. A flash above gets the grand slam.
TChaney
Grown Pear
AG
Thoughts on AAPL? Are we at a spot where it can run up a bit? Will recent news with China push it down?
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

just saw this but I sold my calls off the pull back from 32
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
oldarmy1
AG
DID the OVV poster execute your plan?
McInnis 03
AG
Y'all do realize that you're safe to predict SPX ends between 2990 and 2945 today because there is zero chacne this pays for me today.

B&I Key:
TChaney
oldarmy1
AG
Not sure how many of you have access or comfort level with shorting against calls but if you hold BJ call options into earnings you need to be up and at your computer ahead of earnings. If you get a major spike say $35+ then when you see it topping you short against your $30 Puts. Two reasons. The calls will lose premium value built up in earnings at the open tomorrow. Secondly you lock in $5+ gains on some or all for a nice win. I hardly ever carry a naked call into earnings and do not short a good portion of equivalent shares on a pop.

For beginners, a call gives you the right (the option) to buy BJ at $30/share. So if BJ is at $35, say, then you can short it and then use your call option to buy the shares at $30. BUT, no need to do so if the stock comes back down. In fact, I will sell the call on the open if the shares shorted are up $1+ over my short entry.

Looks like this. Say BJ opens at $34 after a $35 spike.

$30 Call opens at $4 in the money plus there would be maybe $0.40 premium so sell calls for $4.40 at the open. Now you have a short position up $1 and can cover if you see $35, or cover for an extra $1 and be done. But if you get some more downside then you are in command. You must have a good system and you must be deliberate for all of these strategies.
Spaceship
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Not sure how many of you have access or comfort level with shorting against calls but if you hold BJ call options into earnings you need to be up and at your computer ahead of earnings. If you get a major spike say $35+ then when you see it topping you short against your $30 Puts. Two reasons. The calls will lose premium value built up in earnings at the open tomorrow. Secondly you lock in $5+ gains on some or all for a nice win. I hardly ever carry a naked call into earnings and do not short a good portion of equivalent shares on a pop.

For beginners, a call gives you the right (the option) to buy BJ at $30/share. So if BJ is at $35, say, then you can short it and then use your call option to buy the shares at $30. BUT, no need to do so if the stock comes back down. In fact, I will sell the call on the open if the shares shorted are up $1+ over my short entry.

$30 Call opens at $4 in the money plus there would be maybe $0.40 premium so sell calls for $4.40 at the open. Now you have a short position up $1 and can cover if you see $35, or cover for an extra $1 and be done. But if you get some more downside then you are in command. You must have a good system and you must be deliberate for all of these strategies.

Thanks. How confident are you in BJ reaching $35?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
OverSeas AG said:

IF you have a bad trading day at least you are not this man...

Dude shorts TSLA and loses his life savings. Wife leaves him. He gets up, fills car with poop and starts throwing it at pedestrians.

https://thestonkmarket.com/florida-man-goes-bankrupt-shorting-tesla-fills-car-with-human-poop-and-throws-feces-at-pedestrians/

No idea if true or not, but found it at a couple of sites.

Damn. I feel for the guy. What the heck is in the water in Florida?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Baby Billy
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

OverSeas AG said:

IF you have a bad trading day at least you are not this man...

Dude shorts TSLA and loses his life savings. Wife leaves him. He gets up, fills car with poop and starts throwing it at pedestrians.

https://thestonkmarket.com/florida-man-goes-bankrupt-shorting-tesla-fills-car-with-human-poop-and-throws-feces-at-pedestrians/

No idea if true or not, but found it at a couple of sites.

Damn. I feel for the guy. What the heck is in the water in Florida?

It's fake
0708aggie
AG
Tried, never got filled. Limit @ .80, currently .77, also have 25% waiting to sell at 7.75 and its sitting at 7.69
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
cisgenderedAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Want to try, but not sure I'm clear. You are saying to do this?

- am already long $30c today
- at open, if BJ spikes, STO $30c? This leaves me with an open long and an open short, but not a 0 position.

Wouldn't that be the same as sell to close?
BrokeAssAggie
Alright, lets see a little run here to close the day..
AGSmith
AG
OverSeas AG said:

So spreads are Level III options not Level II, so I cannot try those. I have to "apply" for the next level.

I got rejected for Options L2 earlier this month, so I'm stuck on the sidelines watching this thread and trying to learn so I can take advantage when I get approved at some point in the future
TecRecAg
AG
Anyon here use Power E*Trade? If so, has it been down for you the last 3-4 hours?
0708aggie
AG
Make sure you fill out the application correctly. With Merrill it depends on what you choose as your investing style (Growth, income, etc.)
AgEng06
AG
Are some of you able to trade 24 hrs a day? If so, how do you get that capability?
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgEng06 said:

Are some of you able to trade 24 hrs a day? If so, how do you get that capability?
You need to be approved for Futures trading which is not trading equities. It's trading indices
AGSmith
AG
The application I filled out for Fidelity wouldn't even allow you to choose L2+ unless you chose certain investment objectives. The account I'm applying with has a few thousand in fun money
AgEng06
AG
Got it. Thanks.
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
0708aggie
AG
Yeah I had to have a margin account and choose speculative.
First Page Last Page
Page 1572 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.