Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,885 Views | 223292 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by ravingfans
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did you get banned again?!
ProgN
Yup
IrishTxAggie
AG
PPT would be handy about now
12thMan86
AG
just did what I always advise against. TSLA 5/22 895 for 1.60
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
might take a couple more days with VIX expiring.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Seems like a nice time to get back in MRNA. Smells fishy to me
Likelihood they will get sued is pretty high.
oldarmy1
AG
They are trying to turn over NET. Look at the 5 minute voilume./
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Betoisafurry
Is Fidelity freaking out for anyone else right now?
leoj
AG
I got out when I posted mother****er. Today was set up to be a win into the close with AMZN and NOW and that news just took the wind out of the sails. Maybe we were set up for a rug pull anyway, but still.
BenRev09
AG
ROKU hanging in
leoj
AG
oldarmy1 said:

They are trying to turn over NET. Look at the 5 minute voilume./

Yikes
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm a stubborn old mule, but I can't help it. I just entered a small SPY hedge, 294 long put / 290 short put debit spread for June 19. Cost is $1.40. I figure if it goes to zero it means the rest of my stuff is doing just fine so it's a hedge in the truest sense of the word.
This seems a bit ahead of schedule.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
Charlie Kelley said:

Is Fidelity freaking out for anyone else right now?

Yes, freaked me out for a minute
IrishTxAggie
AG
Just gave back all of yesterday's gains and then some with that bull**** sell.
Rice and Fries
Mine is shyting itself right now.
Carlo4
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I have 40 shares back around 151, so right with you. I figure maybe 220 is a peak here depending on the time, but I'll be taking gains before that as this is so quick.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

We're still just hanging out in Mr. Darvas' box.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
12thMan86
AG
NIIICE flush at the end. Bought some 5/22 SPY 300 puts about 30 mins before close x 4 and made $508. Never hit my stop. So nice to get in at the right spot, for a change!
OverSeas AG
AG
12thMan86
AG
12thMan86 said:

NIIICE flush at the end. Bought some 5/22 SPY 300 puts about 30 mins before close x 4 and made $508. Never hit my stop. So nice to get in at the right spot, for a change!
fyi not that this makes a damn bit of difference. The guys I follow use an indicator called VOODOO lines, and I've seen stocks reverse to the PENNY using these things. The Voodoo support/resistance has always been at 2934, and we broke it on the last 15 min candle.

Probably means we rip up tomorrow, but just thought I'd put that out there.
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I'm aware. But momentum was with the bulls until that damn MRNA hit piece dropped.
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

McGinness, what that you that did the spx same day expiration trade I was talking about the other day? If this was a MON, WED, or FRI, when the market was at 2965, we could have bought a PUT Debit Spread SPX 2940/2935 for probably next to nothing 20 mins before the close. My guess is the cost would have been around .50, and it would have max win of 4.50. I hate Tues and Thurs trading.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Carlo4 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I have 40 shares back around 151, so right with you. I figure maybe 220 is a peak here depending on the time, but I'll be taking gains before that as this is so quick.
TVIX has wild swings. I was riding it pretty well between low 300s and 400 in March / April. I have gotten stopped out a couple times lately while the bulls try to crush VIX into a small range. Keep an eye on AH today and see what happens. I figure the odds of losing $$ on it at $150 is really low, so I'll start taking gains at $200 and then scale up from there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gd it. Was less than 1.5% away from breaking even on my SWPPX historic gains and then it took a **** today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I can argue that the news yesterday was equally irresponsible. but look at it this way, 3% gain on that, and only a 1% decline so far on negative news.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
LK to resume trading tomorrow
leoj
AG
FYI LK holders

OverSeas AG
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fair
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

12thMan86 said:

fyi not that this makes a damn bit of difference. The guys I follow use an indicator called VOODOO lines, and I've seen stocks reverse to the PENNY using these things. The Voodoo support/resistance has always been at 2934, and we broke it on the last 15 min candle.

Probably means we rip up tomorrow, but just thought I'd put that out there.
you need to share more, I love the stuff you're dishing out!

I want me some voodoo lines!

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

McGinness, what that you that did the spx same day expiration trade I was talking about the other day? If this was a MON, WED, or FRI, when the market was at 2965, we could have bought a PUT Debit Spread SPX 2940/2935 for probably next to nothing 20 mins before the close. My guess is the cost would have been around .50, and it would have max win of 4.50. I hate Tues and Thurs trading.
So what you're telling me is you're basically buying things with almost no time left on the off chance you hti the direction of a 2:50 correction? Seems you could play both directions and be right more than not and pay off?

And yes, that was me.

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
OverSeas AG said:

12thMan86 said:

So this is buying at put at one strike and selling the put at the other strike. Then you just let them expire, hoping you were directionally correct and therefore profit?

No, if it was a PUT credit spread that would be the case. Debit spread means he paid instead of was paid the net premium, in order to open the position.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/verticalspread.asp
12thMan86
AG
OverSeas AG said:

12thMan86 said:

So this is buying at put at one strike and selling the put at the other strike. Then you just let them expire, hoping you were directionaly correct and therefore profit?
yep, that's it. These guys at Simpler Trading have taught me how to do these lotto trades late in the day. Some days they will do same day SPX butterflys, and other times Debit Spreads. They use their voodoo lines as support, and it it touches the line of support or resistance, they will put in a trade in the opposite direction. You can bite off as much as you want, with as much risk reward as you like. I typically like the ones that are 5 pts wide that cost .50 to 1.00. They dont always work of course, that's why they are lottos. But you only need to hit about 1/3 of the trades to be cash flow positive. Cool thing is you can close it out, or just let it cash settle.

The guy Bruce Marshall that does these is about 60 and has 35 yrs experience on Wall St. He's the wizard on the Analyze Tab on TOS. I pretty much just follow what he does most of the time.
First Page Last Page
Page 1563 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.