Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,540 Views | 224265 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by ProgN
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man I bet. Would probably be a good feature for chart services to have as far as color settings go to help people out.

Wasn't TECK a random play someone JD mentioned before? Jan 2022 $8 calls and 6/19 $10 call sweeps coming through today.
CheladaAg
AG
JD looks very strong, I think this gets to 60 sooner than later.
ProgN
jbeck3487 said:

leoj said:

jbeck3487 said:

texagbeliever said:

Someone check me, but if LUV breaks $27.5 not sure much resistance up to $30
The 50dMA is at 27.62, which could cause some resistance. It does look ready to break the upper trend line of the wedge it is in.

I have 50 day sma at 32.34. Looks to me to be trying to break the descending top trend line and get over the 21 day ema at 27.80 all at once, then gap fill at 29.2.
I'm sorry. I read my chart wrong. It was the 20 day ema. Being colorblind can be a real *****

Have you looked into those glasses that work for some people that are colorblind?
IrishTxAggie
AG
SPY 5/20 300C getting some action at .55-.62
texagbeliever
What is the CADE breakout of the Darvas box? $7.20?

It is up to $6.7 up 16%
fightintxag13
AG
texagbeliever said:

It is up to $6.7 up 16%
The previous high that I see in the box is 7.40
fightintxag13
AG
The previous high within the range is 7.40
fightintxag13
AG
DP
YNWA_AG
AG
Probably because i sold my $45c 5/22 for a loss at 1.74 when they are over 10 each now
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

and here I am thinking it's time to go the other way. The SPY box top has been just below what we're doing now.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
texagbeliever
fightintxag13 said:

texagbeliever said:

It is up to $6.7 up 16%
Good point. I was looking at dailies which had a high around $7.11
I guess it will be a look on volume plus break.
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Ranger222
AG
Pissed I missed on W today....thought there would be some bounce around 160 and was waiting to get weekly puts a little cheaper at that level but it has been straight down all day....oh well
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

and here I am thinking it's time to go the other way. The SPY box top has been just below what we're doing now.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

B&I Key:
AgEng06
AG
McInnis fell asleep on the enter key...
fightintxag13
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Heres current set up on daily charts. Remember that sideways action I said we need to look for....and if that continues it forms what? _________ test answer for class. So we had a short trend down here but it came right to the green major support. This along with the volumes I was seeing was my target area for reversal pivot and BINGO we nailed it spot on. Now we have a potential bullish harami forming but need some more upside this afternoon followed by confirmation move up tomorrow. With the expected news on unemployment it will be a feat so I'll be taking most I can get from today's moves and using covered calls to juice exits for tomorrow.

Note the lower lows and lower highs last 4 days. Always cautious with a bounce off support because bears don't just say "well it held I guess the bulls win." Nope, they say "we cleaned up with our 50% profit covering and bought some cheap calls to not only protect their short but to serve as new short entries when stocks move above the call - similar to what I did earlier only they mean business long term. That means bulls will have to really want it and believe they can create buyer interest by pushing back to mid-channel. We'll see.

So would you consider today a breakout of this box? Or did SPY need to be range bound a little longer for it to be considered a true Darvas Box?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
oldarmy1
AG
BJ late blooming
oldarmy1
AG
fightintxag13 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Heres current set up on daily charts. Remember that sideways action I said we need to look for....and if that continues it forms what? _________ test answer for class. So we had a short trend down here but it came right to the green major support. This along with the volumes I was seeing was my target area for reversal pivot and BINGO we nailed it spot on. Now we have a potential bullish harami forming but need some more upside this afternoon followed by confirmation move up tomorrow. With the expected news on unemployment it will be a feat so I'll be taking most I can get from today's moves and using covered calls to juice exits for tomorrow.

Note the lower lows and lower highs last 4 days. Always cautious with a bounce off support because bears don't just say "well it held I guess the bulls win." Nope, they say "we cleaned up with our 50% profit covering and bought some cheap calls to not only protect their short but to serve as new short entries when stocks move above the call - similar to what I did earlier only they mean business long term. That means bulls will have to really want it and believe they can create buyer interest by pushing back to mid-channel. We'll see.

So would you consider today a breakout of this box? Or did SPY need to be range bound a little longer for it to be considered a true Darvas Box?
Not unless we take out the $297
gougler08
AG
texagbeliever said:

fightintxag13 said:

texagbeliever said:

It is up to $6.7 up 16%
Good point. I was looking at dailies which had a high around $7.11
I guess it will be a look on volume plus break.
It's been gradually going higher each time...I'd have it about 7.50
gougler08
AG
TTOO running on volume
jbeck3487
AG
Prognightmare said:

jbeck3487 said:

leoj said:

jbeck3487 said:

texagbeliever said:

Someone check me, but if LUV breaks $27.5 not sure much resistance up to $30
The 50dMA is at 27.62, which could cause some resistance. It does look ready to break the upper trend line of the wedge it is in.

I have 50 day sma at 32.34. Looks to me to be trying to break the descending top trend line and get over the 21 day ema at 27.80 all at once, then gap fill at 29.2.
I'm sorry. I read my chart wrong. It was the 20 day ema. Being colorblind can be a real *****

Have you looked into those glasses that work for some people that are colorblind?
No, I haven't. I have wore some before, and it makes a huge difference.
OverSeas AG
AG
OverSeas AG
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Jul $270 and $260 are heaviest traded SPY strikes. I'm not entering hedges up this much coin until I see how the upper box gets treated.
McInnis 03
AG
Closed it only because I don't know what the end of day is going to do.

In .4 this morning, out .7 just now. I realize that's small potatoes, but learning can be expensive and in this case I'll take a return!

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
OverSeas AG said:

I have the TWTR 5/29 C30. So I am still 11 days out. When you have an option that far out, assuming the technicals still look good, do you hang on and not worry too much until the week the option expires? Today we seem to be bouncing off of $29.60ish so perhaps this is a new level of support and there is still time to finally break through $30?
You ideally want no more than 10 days so Wednesday is your moving day before things become uncomfortable.
Grown Pear
AG
OverSeas AG said:

I have the TWTR 5/29 C30. So I am still 11 days out. When you have an option that far out, assuming the technicals still look good, do you hang on and not worry too much until the week the option expires? Today we seem to be bouncing off of $29.60ish so perhaps this is a new level of support and there is still time to finally break through $30?
I'm holding these same ones. Very curious about this resistance level... I may have been late to pick them up as I'm currently 50% down... wonder if it's a chance to get in a little more??

EDIT: I say that as I'm trying to wind down this options trading because I don't really have the time anymore LOL. I need to take it easy and quit getting sucked back in!!
OverSeas AG
AG
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Jul $270 and $260 are heaviest traded SPY strikes. I'm not entering hedges up this much coin until I see how the upper box gets treated.
So was I a bit premature on a S&P put spread at 2930/2925 for the end of the week?

B&I Key:
OverSeas AG
AG
Mr President Elect
AG
Whats up with SQ today? I've added to my 6/19 calls today but it keeps dropping.
First Page Last Page
Page 1551 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.