Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,982,867 Views | 224092 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pb488 said:

this SPY churn is killing me. just break one way or the other damnit!

I think you've seen it for today. Money made on put/calls is after initial move and even then on exiting at optimal premium push.
IrishTxAggie
AG
OPEX tomorrow. Should be fun
HoustonAg_2009
Anyone want to share their thoughts on RUBI? Heavy sell volume on this thing the last 2 days. It's approaching its COVID-19 lows. My cost basis is $8.82 so obviously I'm upside down right now. Overall investment is over $10K
IrishTxAggie
AG
CAN THE BULLS DO IT?? CAN THEY DO IT HERE?!?!
texagbeliever
Small volume take of 2820. Have the bulls broken some resistance?
AgEng06
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

PUUUUSSHHHH
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Yes, Bulls have Jordan! aka the Fed
IrishTxAggie
AG
Need follow through. Can't leave it here
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

do what? Day will probably close up, but this sucker is going down.
Txducker
AG
pb488 said:

this SPY churn is killing me. just break one way or the other damnit!
As long as we are not loosing ground, time is our friend. Each minute gives the bulls more confidence to buy back in. Especially true after the rapid drop over the last two days. Bears have not been able to sustain any momentum over 2-3 days for a long time now.
Boat Shoes
AG
Is a BJ rocketship too much to ask for?
Grown Pear
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Anyone want to share their thoughts on RUBI? Heavy sell volume on this thing the last 2 days. It's approaching its COVID-19 lows. My cost basis is $8.82 so obviously I'm upside down right now. Overall investment is over $10K
I'm looking forward to hearing as well. I'm heavy into the Sept 15 calls, added the $7.50 strike as its gone down and this morning got the $5 strike for 0.90
IrishTxAggie
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

IrishTxAggie said:

do what? Day will probably close up, but this sucker is going down.
I'm talking about on the day. Long term sentiment ain't there for me
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They'll land somewhere for OPEX. I'm guessing we hit this weeks lows. Feels like max up from here is 2870 or so.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
proudaggie02
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Pure curiosity but what markets?
Breckenridge and Crested Butte, CO. I'd consider buying more in these two towns as well as Telluride, Steamboat, and maybe Estes Park... and probably Vail if the price is right.
Cuterebra
AG
Dumb question from someone 100% in index funds. Anyone smart have insight into mog.a?

They manufacture a bunch of stuff for aircraft, defense, medical etc.

Seems like they are getting hammered more than the market. I don't know enough to break down why. Just looking at earnings and history it looks like a good entry point below $40.

I'm probably wrong. Seriously I don't own any. Just clueless about individual stocks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
OverSeas AG said:

I have one stock that I would love to get out of. I had stayed out of airline stocks, and stupidly got into DAL last week. SMH. Generally I do a decent job on stock, but stunk that one up. Trying to decide if I cut bait or just hold it until 2030 when it finally comes back! :-)
wait until tomorrow.
texagbeliever
Just to clarify if you are in a cash account, you cant get flagged as a Pattern Day Trader right.
khkman22
AG
Give it two more weeks.
ProgN
Boat Shoes said:

Is a BJ rocketship too much to ask for?
BJ is facing stiff resistance. It's hoping for an engulfing candle, then it should explode.
texagbeliever
Prepare for launch on spx!
AgEng06
AG
I'm convinced you guys don't even like this stock, it's just mentioned here for the puns and innuendo.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
IrishTxAggie
AG
Txducker
AG
texagbeliever said:

Just to clarify if you are in a cash account, you cant get flagged as a Pattern Day Trader right.

Cash accounts do not follow pattern Day trader rules. The day trader rules apply to Margin accounts with less than $25,000. Disadvantage of cash counts is that you have to wait for your funds to settle before you can trade with them again. Settlement is 3 days for etfs and 1 day for options. Buying before you have funds settled will get your account restricted. I learned that the hard way before I understood settlement.
KT 90
AG
Grown Pear said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I'm looking forward to hearing as well. I'm heavy into the Sept 15 calls, added the $7.50 strike as its gone down and this morning got the $5 strike for 0.90

Yall need to keep posting about it. It's been creeping up since your post

I was out, but got some on the cheap this morning, hoping for a rebound at least to last weeks levels.

oldarmy1
AG
$283 Calls in the money = decision time. Score a great overall trade from both ends, sell 50% and see if we get further run, short SPY against 50% risk free, buy a $282 Put for a tight squeeze for remainder of day and tomorrows action.
khkman22
AG
I was looking at moving and combining my Tastytrade and Vanguard accounts to TDA to take advantage of the ToS software capabilities. However, my USAA Simple IRA is being moved to Schwab at the end of this month. So it would be nice to have everything in one location.

Does anybody have any experience with their trading platform and how it compares to ToS? Is charting, Level II info, etc. comparable to ToS?
oldarmy1
AG
I would caution that we have only had an upside down downtrend day I talk about often. Lower highs and lower lows keep downtrend intact so I would be making moves here to capitalize on what could be a relief rally intraday versus a sustaining trend reversal.
IrishTxAggie
AG
2835 is a slight resistance. through it and 2865 is on the table
drill4oil78
AG
Reverse head and shoulders on SP500 for the last 2 days on 15 min chart. 2822 is neckline. Projects to 2870. Will see
oldarmy1
AG
Can you guys love the fact that we scored gains on both ends of the put/call play?
Andy07
AG
I'm loving it!!
oldarmy1
AG
I went short SPY on the push above $283.50. Now its going to have to chase me out after covering almost $0.85/share on the pullback. I will gladly get forced out at $284 and let the remaining calls rocket.
First Page Last Page
Page 1528 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.