Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,640 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Domino's Pizza, DexCom to join S&P 500
Today 6:08 PM ET (MarketWatch)

S&P Dow Jones Indices said late Wednesday that Domino's Pizza Inc. (DPZ) will join the S&P 500 index , replacing Capri Holdings Ltd. (CPRI). With the change, Store Capital Corp. (STOR) will move to the S&P MidCap 400, S&P said. Additionally, DexCom Inc. (DXCM) will replace Allergan Plc (AGN) in the S&P 500, and S&P 500 constituent Salesforce.com (CRM) will replace Allergan in the S&P 100, the company said. AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) is buying Allergan in a deal expected to be completed soon. The changes are effective before the bell on May 12, S&P Dow Jones said.
Grown Pear
AG
Prognightmare said:

Quote:

Domino's Pizza, DexCom to join S&P 500
Today 6:08 PM ET (MarketWatch)

S&P Dow Jones Indices said late Wednesday that Domino's Pizza Inc. (DPZ) will join the S&P 500 index , replacing Capri Holdings Ltd. (CPRI). With the change, Store Capital Corp. (STOR) will move to the S&P MidCap 400, S&P said. Additionally, DexCom Inc. (DXCM) will replace Allergan Plc (AGN) in the S&P 500, and S&P 500 constituent Salesforce.com (CRM) will replace Allergan in the S&P 100, the company said. AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) is buying Allergan in a deal expected to be completed soon. The changes are effective before the bell on May 12, S&P Dow Jones said.

Interesting. Has there been any research done or evidence of share price improvement when added to, say, the S&P500? I could see it being very beneficial as more people invest in s&p500 funds than mid cap.
ProgN
It's usually very positive because Index funds and ETFs have to buy it.
leoj
AG
Growth/software/cloud stocks that have been strong are really doing well here. COUP, TWLO, my favorites SE and DOCU. Maybe some turbulence ahead for long term, nodes really well for the high quality businesses in this sector.
tremble
AG
Wow, DOCU is kinda nuts. $43 last August and up to $120 now.
Exsurge Domine
So guys just to check my math, if the Delta of PTON is 1.0 it should rise perfectly with regard to the stock price, no? So if it is 7 points up in the morning and it closes at 3.22, it should be worth 10.22 tomorrow?
AGSmith
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Bought the 5/8 $40C for $2.29. Let's see what they open at tomorrow. Need this thing to climb!
Sitting at 42.20 after hours complete.

I sold a 5/8 $42 covered call for $1.61 this afternoon when it was trading just above $38. I'll have to be on early to close out my call position, and may sell a 5/8 $45 CC
ProgN
I'd let it get called away and rebuy the stock on a pullback. That's if you really want to own it.
AGSmith
AG
I'll see what the options are priced at in the morning. It's been good to me over the last few weeks, and lockdown is only slowly ending.
ProgN
AGSmith said:

I'll see what the options are priced at in the morning. It's been good to me over the last few weeks, and lockdown is only slowly ending.
That's good, but you're not married to it. It will comeback down to 35 or better once all the excitement wears off. Don't chase a trade, if it is a trade. JMO, don't want you to get your capital trapped.
thirdcoast
AG
Fed, Buffet, Blackrock all telling us to buy equities. We should not think that assets are overpriced because gov can't stop won't stop pumping corporate balance sheets.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/buy-stocks-now-worlds-largest-money-manager-blackrock-risk-assets-2020-5-1029171704
AGSmith
AG
Thank you for the advice. I'm pretty new to writing covered calls, so I'm still learning.
ProgN
XpressAg09
AG
What platform do you use that gives you option scanner capabilities?
UpstateAg
AG
Cheddarflow
Exsurge Domine
UpstateAg said:

Cheddarflow

Literally best subscription I have at the moment
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Ranger222 said:

Both SQ and PYPL getting crushed, rightfully so

What's going on with them?

Pypl - I see q1 earnings. Now it's up $10 on q2 projections and may 1 sells. This market is bipolar
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Was looking at GLUU today. Earnings tomorrow. Strong balance sheet doing online pay2play games with a Disney game coming out soon.

Hadn't seen it before. Curious if anyone else had any thoughts
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
ProgN
Fightin_Aggie said:

Was looking at GLUU today. Earnings tomorrow. Strong balance sheet doing online pay2play games with a Disney game coming out soon.

Hadn't seen it before. Curious if anyone else had any thoughts
Never heard of it, but at a glance, the chart looks great. I'll look more into in the morning, thanks.
leoj
AG
How have you guys best utilized cheddar?
AgsnFly
AG
Any thoughts on ZNGA? Long wood from $4 level and considering taking profits. Earnings coming up.
Exsurge Domine
leoj said:

How have you guys best utilized cheddar?

Look for repetitive calls or puts in large dollar amounts with expirations of less than 1 month. Just as with FB (which was an earnings smash even though news cratered the S&P in the morning), BYND, and PTON, almost every contract purchased was the current or next week expy, and greater that 75k, some in the hundreds of thousands. Check the below out

[url=https://ibb.co/QcdqyKC][/url]
[url=https://ibb.co/GTrW9NL][/url]

3050 calls to 175 puts. All these guys new what the earnings were before release. Same with the guy who bought 1.7 million of Gild premium before the leak.
AggiePeeps06
AG
How much is Cheddar flow?

In hindsight, those BYND calls were a layup. Kicking myself for now playing that one
Exsurge Domine
AggiePeeps06 said:

How much is Cheddar flow?

In hindsight, those BYND calls were a layup. Kicking myself for now playing that one

I think it's 99/mo if I remember correctly. With what I made on BYND and hope to make on PTON, I'm already up a few years
the last of the bohemians
thirdcoast said:

Fed, Buffet, Blackrock all telling us to buy equities. We should not think that assets are overpriced because gov can't stop won't stop pumping corporate balance sheets.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/buy-stocks-now-worlds-largest-money-manager-blackrock-risk-assets-2020-5-1029171704

It only takes one scary data release to make the markets question that rationale and quickly pull back 20%.
Long term I agree.
tam2002
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

thirdcoast said:

It only takes one scary data release to make the markets question that rationale and quickly pull back 20%.
Long term I agree.

On the other hand it just takes one big medical release to shoot it up. The day a vaccine is announced is going to be bananas whenever that might be
IrishTxAggie
AG
Congrats to you PTON holders. Looks like you'll get paod
oldarmy1
AG
SPY 9 cent investment gonna pay nicely too. Retest above $289 early and those would be $0.60 area. $9 makes $60 per contract.

Don't even talk about a breakout above $290 with continuation towards testing next resistance above $300. We'd have to look up whoever made that mega buy and give them a Bentley.
jj9000
AG
Who won the fishing contest?

*Investing related because TexAgs whales eat fish.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Guess I'll set a stop and try to let'er run. I have another week on this thing.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Exsurge Domine
IrishTxAggie said:

Something will happen and it will crash in the next few hours
claym711
AG
tam2002 said:

the last of the bohemians said:

thirdcoast said:

Long term I agree.

On the other hand it just takes one big medical release to shoot it up. The day a vaccine is announced is going to be bananas whenever that might be
If you are taking investment advice from Blackrock, I hope you have access to the Brrrrrrrrrr machine too. Buffet isnt buying here. Only funds mandated to put money to work are buying here, and retail. Doesn't matter to me, but to pretend like there is any real value up here is silly.
oldarmy1
AG
jj9000 said:

Who won the fishing contest?

*Investing related because TexAgs whales eat fish.

I caught the most but dad caught 3 that were all bigger than my biggest 5lb'r. He was killing it with a top water chugger. He did get a little something extra...

Carlo4
AG
I think this is why futures are so high. CDC guidelines have been completely scrapped for how to re-open country. Basically, anyone can do anything if approved on a state and local level.

https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573d2ead4bd323a4d4

TChaney
First Page Last Page
Page 1473 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.