Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,723 Views | 224254 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JLW2016 said:

Looking at any oil company right now I'd be looking at the balance sheet to make a decision. XOM typically has the strongest balance sheet of any of the majors. That being said look at any of the majors and see the similarity in their performance and it doesn't really matter which one you buy, just personally would go with strongest balance sheet as the indicator of the "safest" one, but I think they will all be fine.
I've taken a position for some longer term holds by splitting between XOM, CVX and RDS. I think they should all be fine long term.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FLDM major volume alert
Working with the US Military on SARS-COV-2 test that can detect before you're contagious.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
GILD rocketship again.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgShaun00
AG

U.S. PRES. DONALD TRUMP SAYS GILEAD HAS EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION FROM FDA
oldarmy1
AG
Good news! Volatility is back so the SPY Put/Call trade is back on.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Over the weekend?
Pignorant
AG
What spread would you target?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I'm sittin' on 285C/280P.
Carlo4
AG
AgShaun00 said:

U.S. PRES. DONALD TRUMP SAYS GILEAD HAS EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION FROM FDA

Gilead is the stock that cried wolf. I'm not going to believe them anymore when they actually have a treatment/cure/vaccine.
spud1910
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

I'm sittin' on 285C/280P.
Same here.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Next time I say I'm playing lottos, please someone punch me in the ****ing face and knock me the **** out so I don't stray from my plan and gamble instead of trade...

Gonna go kill a bottle of bourbon now...
texagbeliever
But next time you will be right!
McInnis 03
AG
Well, unless something changes this coming week, this may be it for me and options. Told myself if I took that portion down to zero I'd be done, so I'll have to honor it, but it's NOT looking good.

B&I Key:
12thMan86
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Well, unless something changes this coming week, this may be it for me and options. Told myself if I took that portion down to zero I'd be done, so I'll have to honor it, but it's NOT looking good.
what kind of expirations are you buying? few days, longer?

Are they typically ITM, ATM, OTM?
Boo Weekley
McInnis 03 said:

Elon going full on Andy Warhol. When does he start painting?

Anywyas, what's the SPY hedge for the weekend? Wednesday 275p's?

Quarantine gets to the best of us...he'll sober back up eventually. Wonder if Joe Rogans been fedexing him care packages?
UpstateAg
AG
I'm holding some Tesla calls over the weekend. Because why the hell not?
M.C. Swag
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm holding some Tesla calls over the weekend. Because why the hell not?

Rice and Fries
because youre a glutton for punishment
UpstateAg
AG
I'm taking my profits from this week and doing the Costanza model. Basically, I do the opposite of common sense.
M.C. Swag
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm taking my profits from this week and doing the Costanza model. Basically, I do the opposite of common sense.

There is nothing common about common sense...
McInnis 03
AG
12thMan86 said:

McInnis 03 said:

what kind of expirations are you buying? few days, longer?

Are they typically ITM, ATM, OTM?
I'm sporadic and obviously terrible at what I do. They're ITM, ATM, OTM, Today, Monday, Next Friday, 10 Friday's for now.

Sometimes you're just bad at something and I have trouble accepting that about myself. This may be one of those things.

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
how much you lose, and in what amount of time?
and more importantly, how much were you up to?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Quote:

Sometimes you're just bad at something and I have trouble accepting that about myself. This may be one of those things.

also most things take practice and discipline. learn from your mistakes and regroup. Try something different, play a little tighter. I've been playing this stuff for just under a year now and I'm gonna say learning about options (not just yoloing otm calls for earnings but actually starting to figure out how they work) is probably the most valuable thing I've set my mind to in the last several years (even though it's cost me quite a bit of money)
UpstateAg
AG
I think sitting down with Dan's pivot lectures was really helpful for me. I don't post most stuff I do because dan gives a lot of stuff privately, but you really can see his method working. It seems to be more stable and consistent than manic. Which is...fittingly....manic
Bob Knights Paper Hands
IrishTxAggie said:

Next time I say I'm playing lottos, please someone punch me in the ****ing face and knock me the **** out so I don't stray from my plan and gamble instead of trade...

Gonna go kill a bottle of bourbon now...

I'm right there with you. My actual investments have been killing it, but my lotto investments - A.K.A. stock gambling - have looked like a drunken Cleveland Browns fan. I plan to kill a 6-pack and then punish the wife later on.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Cheers to the weekend - may next week be full of net free options and more learning for the board
McInnis 03
AG
PoopyPullup said:

how much you lose, and in what amount of time?
and more importantly, how much were you up to?
Lost enough, and I started right before we hit the ATH on SPY so this entire event has been a painful learning one.

My open long positions currently for options:

SPY276P 5/6 (hedge)
NVDA302.5C 5/8
JD 45c 5/22
IWM 140C 5/8
IWM 145C 6/19
HYG 84C 6/19

I welcome your peer review lol

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
Quote:

drunken Cleveland Browns fan.

I resemble that remark!
aggiedaniel06
AG
george1992 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

Here is another play that came across my scanner yesterday. VNOM

For me it is a combo of UOA and earnings (5/4) play.

I entered the May 9P yesterday. I'll post some more DD after market close.
I have a lot of experience with this stock. And I've gotten bit by it several times. Viper Energy is a spinoff of FANG and holds its mineral interests and overrides. I think the stock is still overvalued when you compare the drop in price of the stock to the price of WTI. Its a great long term hold but not so great a trade imo.

I am playing this for the unusual option activity the algo picked up.

I also read their 10Q and they have a senior note payment that was due today. Monday is their earnings announcement as well.

From Page 47 of their 10Q
"Lower prices may not only decrease our income, but also potentially the amount of oil and natural gas that our operators can produce economically. Lower oil and natural gas prices may also result in a reduction in the borrowing base under our credit agreement, which may be redetermined at the discretion of our lenders."

I have 100 5/15 9P which I bought for 60 cents. Lets see how it goes.

Also, today there were a bunch of December 1, 2 and 3 strike puts which were newly opened. Someone thinks this puppy is heading for BK or at least hedging for it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
looks like you got a chip and a chair. It aint over.

I don't play any of those (hate nvda with a passion, also f you for showing me that it's tickling 300. That means at this point I've left the appraised value of my house on the table since I sold all mine in the 30s) but if I were to apply my perspective I'd say if you like your thesis then stick to it, if you dig deeper and change your mind then figure out an exit, otherwise don't get shook out if you think your thesis is still good, and don't be afraid to take profits without worrying about what might have been
McInnis 03
AG
PoopyPullup said:

looks like you got a chip and a chair. It aint over.

I don't play any of those (hate nvda with a passion, also f you for showing me that it's tickling 300. That means at this point I've left the appraised value of my house on the table since I sold all mine in the 30s) but if I were to apply my perspective I'd say if you like your thesis then stick to it, if you dig deeper and change your mind then figure out an exit, otherwise don't get shook out if you think your thesis is still good, and don't be afraid to take profits without worrying about what might have been
This is the other problem. I've had a handful of really good plays, REALLY good. But I get shook out so damn easy, easier than a molded orange in a tree. Then I miss what could have been and that has destroyed my numbers.

B&I Key:
ProgN
It's Friday and I open up the thread and there's 30 posts after the market closed.

khaos288
AG
....I am home.
First Page Last Page
Page 1446 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.