Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,002,759 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Watch TSLA, this just came out:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4341554-tesla-needs-to-correct-material-10-q-error?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=tsla-tesla-needs-to-correct-a-material-10-q-error&utm_campaign=rta-stock-article&utm_content=link-0

If financial statements and accounting shenanigans mattered with this stock it would be under 200 right now. The music may stop eventually but not right now, imo.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
OverSeas AG said:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4341554-tesla-needs-to-correct-material-10-q-error?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=tsla-tesla-needs-to-correct-a-material-10-q-error&utm_campaign=rta-stock-article&utm_content=link-0

Already back down below their closing yesterday. Did anyone here have calls and sell at the open? Did anyone here have the stones to go short early this morning?
corndog04
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

OverSeas AG said:

Already back down below their closing yesterday. Did anyone here have calls and sell at the open? Did anyone here have the stones to go short early this morning?

I picked up a $815P weekly this morning. Wish I would have bought about 10 more of them.
jamaggie06
AG
UpstateAg said:

Ok. There are 2 Put orders in since then of 1,313 size on the 11.5P and 600 of 15P, both for 5/15. Just wanted to warn you

Volume doesn't mean or imply anything other than liquidity. If there's 2,000 Calls bought, someone else sold 2,000 calls. Its neither a bullish or bearish signal bc (even if you believe its the work of an "insider") you don't know who the "insider" is; the one selling or the one buying.

And you can't even really guess. Many times, after a decent move one way or the other, a large investor or institution may have to hedge or alter its position, while having nothing to do with "somebody knowing something".
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
IrishTxAggie
AG
Could see $777
TXAG14
Anyone playing Visa earnings?
AgShaun00
AG
TXAG14 said:

i got the stock so i guess so. Been good to me so far.
OverSeas AG
AG
TChaney
corndog04
AG
OverSeas AG said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Could see $777
you were not wrong. 775.

Yeah this thing is dropping like a rock. Waiting for some obvious pivot point before closing it out.
Carlo4
AG
TXAG14 said:

Bought in back when the SPX touched 2893 earlier. Very strong chance to add a few more shares later today on another dip to save a few dollars.

if MA had all time quarterlies, I suspect V would as well.
leoj
AG
Messed up ZM puts earlier but TTD and TSLA puts worked out great

Carlo4
AG
corndog04 said:

OverSeas AG said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Could see $777
you were not wrong. 775.

Yeah this thing is dropping like a rock. Waiting for some obvious pivot point before closing it out.
because of the gap on 4/27, could there be support down at $737?

Edit - rising off of $765 now.
Rice and Fries
What's the consensus on AAPL? Do you think they beat on earnings? This earnings report includes Christmas sales right? Wonder how much of an impact China COVID shutdown will impact revenue.
tailgatetimer10
AG
AMD just reported a record in laptop revenue yesterday.

I think Apple will see the same type of increase
leoj
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Plus rumors of an increase in buybacks. New cheap SE phone could be a boost, then 5g on the horizon. Wearables have to be killing it, everyone I come across has AirPods
leoj
AG

Wow I just checked. 23k volume
Maximus_Meridius
AG
leoj said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Plus rumors of an increase in buybacks. New cheap SE phone could be a boost, then 5g on the horizon. Wearables have to be killing it, everyone I come across has AirPods
I agree with most of this, but I'm hearing rumors that iPhone 12 production could be delayed. Remember, this market is also reacting to guidance as much as numbers. I jumped out of that 300 AAPL call earlier.
Boat Shoes
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

OverSeas AG said:

AgShaun00 said:

bynd at 120 exp tomorrow is a bold call my manic
That's the one I am watching.
I just bought the 120's for tomorrow. I thought their earnings was today for some reason... Why does he think it will move so much?
Rumors of MCD deal
Is there an earnings call where this might drop? Or just speculation on something occurring throughout the news cycle today or tomorrow?
OverSeas AG
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
No ER until May 5th. It's all on speculation
Mr President Elect
AG
There was a poster a while back discussing a lotto $2 call with the PRTY options ( i believe July). Did anyone pull the trigger on those? Could be a decent payout.
thirdcoast
AG
Hey y'all, just in case you wondered what a genius Bill Ackman was, he has now released how he timed the market. I would bet this is complete BS.

Quote:

He cashed out on March 23.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-the-single-best-trade-of-all-time-netted-one-investor-a-26-billion-profit-2020-04-29
gougler08
AG
What in the world is going on with PRTY?
BT1395
AG
thirdcoast said:

Hey y'all, just in case you wondered what a genius Bill Ackman was, he has now released how he timed the market. I would bet this is complete BS.

Quote:

He cashed out on March 23.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-the-single-best-trade-of-all-time-netted-one-investor-a-26-billion-profit-2020-04-29

Now fill in the dates of his media blitz supporting his hedge....
AgAE
AG
Yeah...I have lost my a$$ with Manic over the past two days. Probably more to come with those NIO and TLRY 5/15 calls.
BearkatRunner88
AG
gougler08 said:

What in the world is going on with PRTY?
Up 67% on the day. Wow
J_Landes89
AG
That NIO call burning me good right now.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Even my 10 year-old knows to never give yourself a 100% if you cheat on schoolwork.

Not that we tolerate lying, cheating, or stealing or those who do.
Exsurge Domine
willjohnathan said:

There was a poster a while back discussing a lotto $2 call with the PRTY options ( i believe July). Did anyone pull the trigger on those? Could be a decent payout.

That was me, didn't buy them
thirdcoast
AG
Yep. I remember watching Ackman interviews, he was careful not to give any hints on positions and timing....that would ruin his legendary self promotion in future on his perfect trade.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I bought a handful of the $1 calls, unloaded the last of them this morning for 50% gain. no ragrets. Thanks Exsurge!

edit to add: I've never been in a party city, always seem like a crappy store to me. In crappy strip shopping centers, reminds me of the late days of toys-r-us. I thought about this once I saw profits on those calls and asked myself why I would hold an investment in something like that, so I bailed on them
thirdcoast
AG
No secret Meade is short, also everyone is making this point about spread between asset prices and economy being bubble. Then again, just as many people are also saying don't fight fed at same time.

jj9000
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

willjohnathan said:

That was me, didn't buy them
1:20 PM Tee Time

1:27 PM posting in Stock thread.

This is my surprised face.
First Page Last Page
Page 1434 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.